Ideas for the next AC game

I hope there is a better path laying system in the next game. Like instead of manually having to do it, we can use our stylus and lay them out how we want.

Ohhh man this is fantastic, I have so many comments on each of these lol

An aquarium. Maybe multiple sizes but lets you hold more than one fish at a time. You could also get decorations for it? Maybe make a shop that?s run by a fish/aquatic animal NPC to sell you aquariums and stuff?
--this is a great idea! you could have freshwater and saltwater fish tanks or something, and instead of having to buy extra add ons they could also do tank customization at retail that switches the items inside of the tanks so it's be cheaper/easier to use!

An apartment building pwp. Build an apartment complex in your town that like 5 villagers can live in. When you walk in the door it asks you who you want to visit and takes you to their floor/room.
--this is a great idea! i've thought of something similar actually, you could have a hotel in town and random villagers could come visit your town and stay in the hotel for varying amounts of time, like a couple of days to a week or something? An apartment would be cool too though! I'd like to see more villagers in town.

A bigger camping area. Maybe make it so like 3 can camp at once? Also let the campers wander around your town.
--I would love to see actual campground like this, it's nice to have campers come visit but I'd like to see more of them! Maybe a couple of them could share a bigger tent?

Stackable flowers. Flowers of the same type and color can be stacked like fruit. Add the ability to make custom bouquets for decorating or giving as gifts.
--This would be soooo helpful! I hate lugging around an entire pocket full of flowers and then messing with them one by one when I'm trying to switch positions and stuff, it's so frustrating lol. Bouquets would be really cool! They could do baskets like the carnations are in or make them like the bouquet item, either way it's be super pretty!

Better ways to display bugs. I can?t even see the firefly, it should be in a jar.
--I've thought the same thing! I love the firefly and I end up catching one every summer and then like immediately releasing it bc you can't even see it in the stupid box, like if I can have an ant farm why can't I have a jar for my firefly??

More design space would be really nice. Having 10 slots for designs is great, but in HHD you get like 40-50! Maybe a design sketchbook? Or have the ability to lock designs you place. Like go into town hall and have an option that?s like, ?Would you like to lock your current designs in place in town?? or something along those lines so that you don?t have to clutter up your design slots with pathway patterns after you?ve placed everything the way you like it and you don?t have to worry about accidentally erasing anything.
--Yeah this definitely needs to be expanded, it's nearly impossible to use designs in town bc everything is so limited? like I can have paths and a couple of things to decorate but if you want your path to have special corners/sides/etc then that's pretty much it for you. Idk, I know it's like previous games but I would really like to see more haha

Nocturnal Animals! Bats, Owls, Raccoons, Coyotes, Skunks, Possums, Wombats, Pangolins, Foxes, and Armadillos are all nocturnal animals that could be added in. They would only be active after 8 P.M., perfect for players who like playing at night time!
--This would be really cool!! I think owls and raccoons would be especially cute. I used to play all the time at night but I never do anymore bc everyone is asleep!

The ability to upgrade to a 24 Hour store. For the same reason as above, some players like to play well into the wee hours of the morning.
--Definitely necessary as well, it'd be much more realistic to have a 24 hour store or at least later hours that are actually reasonable!

Backpacks and accessories you can wear on your back. Like costume wings! Little butterfly or fairy wings so you can run around being adorable.
--Yes! Also maybe if you have a backpack you get a few extra storage spaces or something? I would carry one nonstop if it meant I could have extra space for tools and items, but other accessories would be nice too :)

A forest campsite, with your own RV or Tent. (Maybe there could be games similar to the Island Tours here, and the ability to find mushrooms year round.)
--Yeah it would be cool if they did a bigger add on for harvey's campground where there's a big area for tents and more spaces for rvs, that way you can have extra campers without taking up your space in town! Also more trees/wildlife would be nice to have around a campground, maybe with some berries growing or different kind of birds or something?

A bigger beach with a stall to buy Ice Cream, Lollipops, Drinks, and Hot Dogs. Maybe like a boardwalk? With a ferris wheel! Or a roller coaster! Combining this with the carnival idea, maybe make a huge Circus you can go visit, with rides and carnival games where you can win stuffed animals or collect Tickets (Maybe even MEOW coupons!)
--This would be amazing! There are so many possibilities for this idea, and I would love more handheld items like sodas or cotton candy or something, plus extra meow coupons are always nice! Maybe you could buy glow wands there? or get special clothing or items? Like if you play a mini game maybe you can pick certain plushies as prizes and you get to pick based on how many points you got in the game, and they switch out every couple of days or so.

More colors for flowers! I personally have been trying to make a rainbow of Tulips but there?s no green so it?s incomplete. Maybe expand the hybrid options to include more shades.
--Yeah I agree, if they can have different shades of pink and purple already then they can certainly add even more!

More variation in town structure, rather than the town with a river and a beach, maybe a town with more rivers, or a town where you have little bridges leading to the areas where houses are built. A mountain town with cliffs. A larger beach town. More diversity.
--This would be nice, I would love to have more rivers in my town, and maybe they could add in lakes and streams? This would definitely be nice to differentiate towns a bit more, and it could be nice for themes too :)

PWPs for the beach specifically, like beach umbrellas or a seaside shop/restaurant.
--Yeah I think they should definitely have something for the beach, like folding chairs or cabanas or a little ice cream stand or something; the beaches seem so bare without PWPs.

A FLASHLIGHT. For when you?re walking around at night. Have levels like with other tools. Basic Flashlight casts a small beam of light, but flickers occasionally and after 6 hours of use the batteries die and you have to get a new one. Silver Flashlight lasts 12 hours and casts a stronger/wider beam of light. Gold Flashlight could be more like a lantern and casts a bright circle of light and never runs out of power. Drawbacks of the flashlight: Scares away fish and bugs.
--This is a really cute idea! I love carrying around handheld items and a flashlight would be really cool and realistic. If campers could eventually come outside maybe they could carry flashlights or something? Very neat idea!

Awww those are really cute ideas!

I also would love it if they brought back some old concepts , like the message in a bottle...I loved those!

Hm...how about more Amiibo compatability? Like when I scan a Pikachu Amiibo, I better see a Pikachu or a villager based on Pikachu.

just being salty

I always enjoy reading ideas for the next Animal Crossing game, and I like that some of your ideas are simple and some are more complex. If Nintendo plans to bring Animal Crossing on the switch, I really hope they bring something new and different from the other games.

My biggest request is to have more interactions with villagers, I want them to be more than just animals who make you run errands all the time. Just like you said; maybe go out for a coffee or go out and have a fun date at main street. I know new leaf has some sort of system with friendship levels but I really want the developers to go more in depth with them.

That's a LOT of ideas holy crap how do people even think of some of these x3 it's amazing

I think my favorites are the toolbox, the icon in encyclopedia thing (would be SUPER handy) and more interactions with villagers. The ability to write to parents would be cute but I dunno if I'd wanna visit, I feel like that takes away from the mystery. Some of them like apartment building or library PWPs I dunno if they'd actually add in...

I don't really like the credit card idea, I like carrying bells around, plus it feels like it leans toward life too closely but that's just my opinion. Different ways to display fish and bugs would be a nice detail, I always liked how the cricket came in a bell cage and the goldfish in a bowl :) Stackable flowers might be interesting, as well as the photo album ^^ Fruit bushes sound adorable.

I dunno if I saw this on there (maybe, since I did scroll through it kinda fast) but a way to control grass wear would be nice. I don't mind the grass wear, but I'd like it to be a little less severe? (dunno if that's the right term)

Last edited:
I don't know If anyone's said this but this just randomly came to me while I was dozing off but it would he pretty neat if we can hop/jump in the next game. There can be mini games centered around hopping.

Last edited:
On Disney's magical world, when you go to the shop to buy furniture/clothes it says 'you already have this' that would be cool in Animal crossing, then if you want to buy more it's up to you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

All these ideas are AMAZING! Can we submit this idea to nintendo or something???

I emailed nintendo ages ago with ideas I thought would improve the game and got an email back saying we can't do any customers suggestions, I suppose if you can prove it was your idea you could claim from them? lol

I emailed nintendo ages ago with ideas I thought would improve the game and got an email back saying we can't do any customers suggestions, I suppose if you can prove it was your idea you could claim from them? lol

Yes, it could result in a complicated lawsuit... I read that when they're developing pokemon games they're forbidden from even using the internet just in case they spot someone's "fakemon" and are inspired by it...

On Disney's magical world, when you go to the shop to buy furniture/clothes it says 'you already have this' that would be cool in Animal crossing, then if you want to buy more it's up to you.

Yes this would be amazing...

I seriously love all the ideas on here except for the apartment one (just too many villagers for me haha). I've been thinking of a couple from that list but I could never come up with a way to describe it without it sounding dumb. One thing that I would like to see in the new Animal Crossing game is better villager designs (I'm sure that was predictable :p), people of course have different opinions on villagers, but adding in a few better-looking one's that aren't just a plain joke (aka Truffles) would be nice. Maybe just 1 or 2 though, or else villager trading would be non-existent!

I love the apartment building idea.

-I'd like to have an option to only open for certain friends. Not just best friends or all friends.
-Also an option where you can choose what visitors can and can't do (You could disable running, picking up things, cutting trees, etc..)
-Build your own town (Place the river the way you want it, town hall, houses.. You couldn't place right next to things or have the river being too strange though)
-A mall. (An actual mall, not T&T Emporium down to Kicks. Like where you could go inside, certain stores for clothes, hats, all the shopowners would work in their store that they specialize in, though. (Kicks works in the shoe store, Sable and Mabel work in clothes store..)
-This one is very minor but it bothers me how I can't just sit at the bar in Brewsters. Instead he talks to you and then your character gets back up.
-And finally, an option to 'lock' villagers in your town so they can't move. (Maybe a little lock symbol beside their name on the map?) If you wanted a new villager to move in, you would have to unlock a villager so a new one could move in.

And this is my first post on this website ^-^

Last edited:
I'd love anything that makes the town seem more populated and lively!
So basically more interactions and activities with both villagers and other players.

- owning or working at a shop:
Restaurant: cooking using ingredients that have to be found or unlocked, serving villagers their favorite dish
Boutique: recommending outfits to villagers as a way to easily change their clothes

- having former villagers (maybe only close friends) occasionally stop by to visit - this would be announced in advance by mail and present the opportunity to invite them back into town

I really like some of these ideas! i could really see some of them coming to life in the next animal crossing. the flashlight would probably be a lifesaver for people like me who are deathly afraid to log in at night because of just SEEING a "terrifying bug." also, i really love the villager locking mechanism but seems a bit unrealistic tbh. and another thing, grass wear. there should be specific shoes just for grass wear (ice skates, hiking boots, etc.) but just so people don't accidentally pick them up, they should be labeled grass wear foot wear when you talk to the NPC. also has anyone talked about frozen ponds?

I actually really want owl villagers !! and maybe some way to change the placement of the rocks in your town:)

Back