• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ideas for the next AC game

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pink Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
I found some very cool ideas on Tumblr and wanted to share them here!
(All credits go to Calico's Crossing)

A tool box. 9 Slots to hold one of each tool and you cycle through them like normal but it only takes one slot of inventory.

A photo album. Big enough to hold like twenty pictures so you don?t have to clutter up your house or choose which ones to display. When you open it it displays the pictures on the bottom screen with their info and quote. (The ability to hang pictures on the wall would be nice too.)

An aquarium. Maybe multiple sizes but lets you hold more than one fish at a time. You could also get decorations for it? Maybe make a shop that?s run by a fish/aquatic animal NPC to sell you aquariums and stuff?

An apartment building pwp. Build an apartment complex in your town that like 5 villagers can live in. When you walk in the door it asks you who you want to visit and takes you to their floor/room.

A bigger camping area. Maybe make it so like 3 can camp at once? Also let the campers wander around your town.

The ability to Hug/Kiss/High-Five/Tickle/Lovingly Pat your villagers based on your friendship level. Villagers you just met you can high-five/ticket but only when you?re at the highest friendship level can you smooch them. (Gender wouldn?t matter because it would be a peck on the cheek, it?s still a game for kids after all, but boy or girl characters would be able to kiss boy or girl villagers on the cheek etc.)

Plush Animal Versions of villagers that you get for extremely high friendship levels

A greenhouse (Not actually my idea but I agree with the person who suggested it) where you can grow flowers and trees, with your level of care and attentiveness to the plants within resulting in higher chances of hybrids and non-native perfect fruits.

Separate storage, like fridges, dressers, and closets all have their own storage slots. (Meaning if you open a fridge you won?t see the same items that are in a closet but all closets are connected)

Cooking for your Friends: invite villagers over to eat with you and play like a mini game to cook them their favorite meal.

Go on excursions with Villagers. Like ?Let?s go to the museum together!? or ?Let?s meet at the Cafe!? instead of just visiting each other?s houses.

Stackable flowers. Flowers of the same type and color can be stacked like fruit. Add the ability to make custom bouquets for decorating or giving as gifts.

I think there should be a grocery store, a school, and a movie theater on main street.

Maybe some more mythical creature NPCs? Like a Pegasus or a Gryphon.

Better ways to display bugs. I can?t even see the firefly, it should be in a jar.

More design space would be really nice. Having 10 slots for designs is great, but in HHD you get like 40-50! Maybe a design sketchbook? Or have the ability to lock designs you place. Like go into town hall and have an option that?s like, ?Would you like to lock your current designs in place in town?? or something along those lines so that you don?t have to clutter up your design slots with pathway patterns after you?ve placed everything the way you like it and you don?t have to worry about accidentally erasing anything.

Nocturnal Animals! Bats, Owls, Raccoons, Coyotes, Skunks, Possums, Wombats, Pangolins, Foxes, and Armadillos are all nocturnal animals that could be added in. They would only be active after 8 P.M., perfect for players who like playing at night time!

The ability to upgrade to a 24 Hour store. For the same reason as above, some players like to play well into the wee hours of the morning.

A spa on mainstreet could be good, like a little mud bath you can climb into and for the rest of the day your skin is kind of glittery and the villagers comment on how relaxed you look.

More customization options for your appearance! More skin tones! You shouldn?t have to go tan on the island everyday if your irl skin is darker than the default setting and you want to match.

Shampoodle should sell hair dye. Yes you can go through the whole thing to get your hair redone with her for 3,000 bells but you should be able to buy some hair dye so you can change your hair color without messing up the cut. Since the 3,000 bells covers cut AND color, you should be able to choose from an array of hair colors for 1,500 bells. And maybe put in the option to get JUST a haircut for 1,500 bells. I like a specific hair color most of the time and making sure I pick that one every single time is kind of hard.

Backpacks and accessories you can wear on your back. Like costume wings! Little butterfly or fairy wings so you can run around being adorable.

When Blanca comes to visit she should give out masks. Either of the villagers so you can collect them or just basic animal masks. If you get a mask of a villager and you wear it while speaking to that villager they should have a special reaction. (?Whoa! It?s like looking in a mirror!? ?Is that you, *blank*? You look just like me!? ?Hey now there?s only room for ONE *villager* in THIS town!? etc.)

Ability to travel, similar to traveling to the Island but to different places, including:

A forest campsite, with your own RV or Tent. (Maybe there could be games similar to the Island Tours here, and the ability to find mushrooms year round.)

A bigger beach with a stall to buy Ice Cream, Lollipops, Drinks, and Hot Dogs. Maybe like a boardwalk? With a ferris wheel! Or a roller coaster! Combining this with the carnival idea, maybe make a huge Circus you can go visit, with rides and carnival games where you can win stuffed animals or collect Tickets (Maybe even MEOW coupons!)

Travel to the town you build in Happy Home Designer, by linking the games together.

Visit your In-game parents! Go visit your ?hometown? and say hello to them! It would be nice to see what your ?mom and dad? look like according to how you make your character appear! OR maybe they can come visit you and you can show them around the town and let them comment on how well you?re doing! I know for a lot of people who play the animal crossing games their irl parents aren?t super supportive, so maybe having your ?mom? come see you and tell you how proud she is of you would be nice.

Send letters to your friends without having to visit their towns, maybe set up an ?email? where you can log onto the WiFi and send them to your friends via spotpass.

More colors for flowers! I personally have been trying to make a rainbow of Tulips but there?s no green so it?s incomplete. Maybe expand the hybrid options to include more shades.

More variation in town structure, rather than the town with a river and a beach, maybe a town with more rivers, or a town where you have little bridges leading to the areas where houses are built. A mountain town with cliffs. A larger beach town. More diversity.

Windy days where the trees shake and the Bell PWPs chime. Have villagers comment on wind (?Wow it sure is breezy today!? ?I feel like I?m going to get blown away!?).

More types of flowers! Bellionare said Sunflowers and Water Lilies. I?d like to see Tigerlilies, Chrysanthemums, and Marigolds.

More conversation options! (This goes along with my earlier ideas of being able to invite Villagers yourself instead of having to wait for them to invite you.)

Key phrases in letters that make Villagers respond a certain way. I.E. ?How are you?? = ?I?m doing well!? or ?I?m feeling sick.? / ?Did you have fun at *X event*?? = ?Yes I did!? or ?I wanted more *blank*.? / ?Want to come over on X/XX?? = ?I?ll be there!? or ?I can?t make it, maybe another day!?

I?ve seen this a lot, bring back the Constellations! Celeste is adorable, and she definitely deserves more love.

Send mail to NPCs, like fanmail to KK Slider.

Grass as a plantable item. Similar to bushes but you can walk through it. In that strain, maybe a wheat field? or a cornfield? Since you could walk through it normally you could make a cornmaze! Fun for fall and festival themed towns!

Fruit bushes in addition to fruit trees, Strawberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, etc.

Villagers that are initially cold or mean that you have to become friends with gradually. (I personally like that the Villagers are all nice, so maybe have this as a Title menu option you could turn on or off? Put down as ?Tougher Villager Interactions.?)

A hide-and-seek competition! Maybe after you?ve played hide-and-seek enough times they decide to have a tourney! And the ability to let YOU hide would be nice.

Give Isabelle a break! Or a day off! Poor puppy works too hard.

A icon in your Encyclopedia that shows if you?ve donated already. Like a star, or even a stamp of Blathers. (FANTASTIC IDEA!)

A library PWP on Main Street, with a Librarian that either likes you if you?re quiet (walk slowly, etc.) or scolds you if you?re loud (running, emoting, etc). Adding onto this, the ability to check out books with short stories inside that your Mayor can read. Maybe a bug collecting book that makes more rare bugs appear for 24 hours after you read the book. Or a gardening book that boosts your chance or hybrids/perfect fruits. Etc. And fines if you don?t ?return? the book after a week.

PWPs for the beach specifically, like beach umbrellas or a seaside shop/restaurant.

Gyroid Exhibit! (GREAT IDEA. As much as I personally don?t really like gyroids, I would be more willing to collect them if I could build an exhibit with them!)

Houses for the NPCs that you can visit. (Maybe all the NPCs live in an apartment building, or a small development you can reach by walking off Main Street?)

Villagers interacting with their homes/items more like they do in HHD

Bring back the UFO event

More character editing. Freckles and Eyebrows. More hairstyles (I AGREE).

Height and Weight options. (I can see why this isn?t an option now, but maybe in a later game they can swing it :])

Newspapers (like the bulletin board, only you can have it delivered to you?)

A credit card that links straight to your bell account so you don?t have to carry around 10 bags of coins to buy one of Gracie?s pieces. Maybe make it like a real card and charge a ?monthly fee? of 5 bells.

Bigger flower patch PWPs. The 4 plot one is nice, but they should have a 9 and 16 plot option too so you can make a nice big flower garden in your town.

When you lay down in your bed at home you should get the option to take a nap and have a short ?dream? mini-game, like cloud hopping or flying or other silly stuff, with a special emote if you ?fail? where you wake with a start and a popping dream balloon. (Kind of like the dream games in Tomodachi Life.)

A writer NPC that hangs out in the Library or at Brewster?s, and when you speak to them they ask for help writing their story. After you help them a few times they thank you and maybe a week later you get a letter saying they got the story published and inside is a bag of bells as a thank you? Or a copy of the book.

Create your own town events! This would be hard I know, but maybe you want to celebrate a big thing you did IRL so you ask Isabelle to plan a small event in town where the Villagers can come congratulate you. (Example: You graduate high school, so you select ?Graduation? from the list of ?Event Starters.? Villagers say things like ?You worked so hard, congrats!? ?I?m so proud you stuck with it!? ?You?re on to bigger and better things!?) Just a small thing in town square with balloons that you can pick the color of and a generic banner that says ?Congrats!? or something like that. On a sadder note you could have an event after the death of a loved one where the Villagers come and comfort you. (Example: Select ?Loss? and there?s black balloons and the Villagers all dress in black and say things like, ?I?m sorry for your loss.? ?It?s ok to be sad.? ?I?ll cry with you if you need it.?)

A FLASHLIGHT. For when you?re walking around at night. Have levels like with other tools. Basic Flashlight casts a small beam of light, but flickers occasionally and after 6 hours of use the batteries die and you have to get a new one. Silver Flashlight lasts 12 hours and casts a stronger/wider beam of light. Gold Flashlight could be more like a lantern and casts a bright circle of light and never runs out of power. Drawbacks of the flashlight: Scares away fish and bugs.

These are such good ideas! The toolbox is every players dream... And I think flashlights would be so cool! Imagining doing shadow puppets with my villagers... Living the life. The ability to know what you've donated to Blather's would be SO SO SO useful! A lot of these relate to how the villagers interact and talk with the player, and I'm really hoping for the next game it's more complex and not as repetitive. :) (Ex. constantly being asked if I prefer mac n' cheese or spaghetti...)

Some of these are really great ideas but I just don't see a lot of them happening. Some of them seem like too much for animal crossing. Like they would make it a whole different game in general. Maybe it's time to give the game some new things and push it away from the style it's had, but Inwoild like it to stay close to its roots.

Some of these are really great ideas but I just don't see a lot of them happening. Some of them seem like too much for animal crossing. Like they would make it a whole different game in general. Maybe it's time to give the game some new things and push it away from the style it's had, but Inwoild like it to stay close to its roots.

Which ones you thought that would be a different game? Just curious. :)
I found hem all to be inside the game's style.

Which ones you thought that would be a different game? Just curious. :)
I found hem all to be inside the game's style.
I think the ones that mess with the town too much are odd. Maybe they aren't really a different game ideas, but they are far out. The apartment building idea is far out. I kind of like the way the villagers have their own homes throughout the town. I know you said it would be optional but I think apartment building are not the style of the game at all. I think visiting parents would be very weird because there has never been another human in the game except for maybe zipper the "bunny". I do think the ability to write to your parents would be cool though. There was more ideas that I loved than didn't like though. I LOVE the idea of a boardwalk with a fair kind of vibe. It would so fun to play the games there and even earn meow tickets. And the ability for campers to wander around town is really cute.

The apartment building idea is far out.

That's far out, man... *pascal voice* x)
Did you play Happy Home Designer? There's this "main street" with a hospital, school, company building and such. If we could visit these, there could be a building with apartments, it's not that far-fetched, I think x)
Do you think Zipper is a human? Haha! I always thought he was Phyllis in a costume :)

Omg I can't say "far out" anymore I'm done. I have no idea what zipper is lol. I didn't play HHD so maybe that's why it's harder for me to imagine it. What are the schools and hospitals used for in that game?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean I don't see myself going to the hospital for a bee sting any time soon. I am open to it though.

Omg I can't say "far out" anymore I'm done. I have no idea what zipper is lol. I didn't play HHD so maybe that's why it's harder for me to imagine it. What are the schools and hospitals used for in that game?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean I don't see myself going to the hospital for a bee sting any time soon. I am open to it though.

Haha! Well, when you enter them you see the villagers inside, some are patients, some are nurses and doctors... it's pretty funny! The sick ones either shiver (the "fear" emotion) or have the black cloud over their heads (the sadness? I don't know the name of this emotion). You can also switch the roles. In the school, one's the teacher and the rest are students, in the company one is the boss and the others the workers... it's pretty nice :)

i literally love all of these ideas omg

These are all sooo cute and handy, I especially love the toolbox and the credit card but also (as naturally tan skinned girl lol) I feel like skin colour should be a choice tbh!!!
I'd personally love to see morning aerobics come back too! It was in the first animal crossing, basically a morning routine with a work out that you had to copy with the c-pad, maybe a different one each week so that villagers could comment on how buf they're getting!!!

//I also really really miss the constellations, give little Celeste her hobby back 2k18 lol <3

These are all sooo cute and handy, I especially love the toolbox and the credit card but also (as naturally tan skinned girl lol) I feel like skin colour should be a choice tbh!!!
I'd personally love to see morning aerobics come back too! It was in the first animal crossing, basically a morning routine with a work out that you had to copy with the c-pad, maybe a different one each week so that villagers could comment on how buf they're getting!!!

//I also really really miss the constellations, give little Celeste her hobby back 2k18 lol <3

Omg morning aerobics yesss. Also I agree, it's time to add some skin tones.

You loved that too i see? lol I never got to play it much tbh it's more of a small memory of sneaking downstairs on weekends to turn on the gamecube and pretend to join in lol!
And yesss so overdue right, Tanning all day is kinda annoying by now!

These are great ideas! I especially love the toolbox, greenhouse, and the character interactions based on friendship - I would love to pat Snake on the head! :) Plushies of the villagers sounds so adorable too, and I love the idea of more customization options for the player like new hairstyles, skin colors, facial features like freckles or blush marks would be really cute! And the spa, the cooking minigame, the beach PWPs...I'm sold!

Honestly, the whole list is golden.

I quite like most of the list! Although I would make grand adjustments to some of the ideas, in that in my dream game, there would be no main street at all - All projects are part of a whole town. I would also adapt it all to a town built by you from total wilderness, too...

That said, not all of of them sound very plausible, or they could be simplified more:

One thing that would work for the 'apartment' idea would be not for ordinary villagers, but only for the special villagers (Isabelle, Digby, etc.) I feel that ordinary ones should always have their own unique houses, as that is a huge foundation of Animal Crossing in my eyes.

Height and weight choices sound interesting, but I'd highly urge the differences to be very, very minimal...

I think the camping area should be a total works project in itself, functioning as a nice mix of the old campsite and Harvey's place. I'd also cut the RV's out, and just stick with old-fashioned tents and camp shop.

I feel the greenhouse would be rather redundant. What's so bad about the good old outdoors?

Many of those physical contact idea would be hard to vouch for, as in Japan - the major target of the games - hugging and other things listed are so incredibly intimate in their culture. Not that I myself would be against it - I'd love to hug a cute little sheepie! *_*

For the bed idea, I'd rather merge it with the dream suite, in that at some point in the game, you gain the right to 'enchant' your beds by Luna to always visit dream towns from your own beds!

Backpacks sound great, but only as decorative items, and not necessary for carrying more items. It would remind me too much of my older schools. >.>

I'd avoid overly huge and towering works projects - the Ferris Wheel/Roller Coaster are way too overwhelming for an animal crossing game.

No going back to parents - that is one of the great enigmas of this game!

Probably more little issues, but I do like so many of these concepts, as long as they are simplified well enough.

this entire list made me squeal

i'm definitely bookmarking this just to come back later to giggle and dream over everything on it

i want credit cards or ability to directly send money to another villager without going through ardous effort...I love that idea kudos!

These are such amazing ideas. I still really wish they'd allow villagers to wear dress QR codes though... here's hoping!

Last edited:
Back