• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Where's the new Animal Crossing?!?!

applebean

very best mayor
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Yellow Pansy
Tasty Cake
Mailbox
FOR REAL!! where's the new animal crossing at? do you think they're in the process of making a new one? and if so, when do you think it will be announced?

what features would you like to see implemented in the next edition of AC? personally i would love to see a feature where you could edit your entire town (or at least your villagers houses) in the drag-and-drop style of happy home designer. i'd also love to see some new villagers and species, and new characters in general.

in order to set the new game apart from ACNL, they're going to have to drastically change the core dynamics of the game. if you have any ideas/predictions for what they might do, i'd love to hear them! all i can think of is maybe they will put you in charge of multiple towns, but that seems a little gimmicky. idk!

and i know what you might be thinking. "5 years isn't long enough for nintendo to develop a worthy successor to their renowned triple-A title animal crossing," and perhaps you qualm, "well they JUST came out with happy home designer, cut them some slack!" and i see your point. i understand where you are coming from. but i raise you this:

my point.jpg

this is how many mario games nintendo has released since 2012. i've got my eyes on you, reggie!

Games take a really long time to make (source: I'm trying to make some!). Especially something requiring a team as large as required for Animal Crossing. Plus, Nintendo has to manage Pokemon, Mario, and all their other brands. Just need to be patient and play something else in the mean time.

I FEEL THE SAME WAY !!! I need more animal crossing in my life :'- )

all of your ideas for new features in the next game would be perfect, im dying waiting for the next one lol :lemon:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Games take a really long time to make (source: I'm trying to make some!). Especially something requiring a team as large as required for Animal Crossing. Plus, Nintendo has to manage Pokemon, Mario, and all their other brands. Just need to be patient and play something else in the mean time.

Something I think is worth pointing out is that Animal Crossing New Leaf came out 4 years after City Folk and then Happy Home Designer came out just 3 years after New Leaf. I know video games take time but the more people you put on a project the more that gets done. With the amount of Mario games that have come out you can see that more man power = a much larger output of games. I don't think there is anything wrong with that either, they also have been releasing the new pokemon games which were large projects due to the redesign of the games plot structure with Sun and Moon.

I personally don't enjoy the mario games and I'm bored with pokemon moon by now so I'm going to eagerly wait for the next animal crossing game cause im obsessed. I'm glad they're not rushing the project though, that means the next content they put out in the series will be quality :- ) i'm still gonna be a little impatient about it though lol

Last edited:
Personally I believe that Mario is getting worse in some aspects and it is kind of the same in every game. They are trying to find new ideas for animal crossing and I want them to take their time.

I kind of see the impatience for a new animal crossing title... That said, I consider the effort of the main series titles to be that of main series Zelda games: The amount of depth put into them is so incredible that they take a very long time to create.

At first sight, AC dynamics look quite simple, as there is not much complexity in the game play - i.e., fishing, bug catching, digging fossils, villager requests, etc, doesn't look that hard to implement.

However, the crazy amount of dialogue, localizations, clothing, furniture, customization, daily randomizations, daily transitions, events, details, music, testing, etc; all take major effort to get right. It gets even harder when you want to make it all HD quality as well! Worlds themselves take time to build, so I'll be patient and enjoy the update we all have.

That said, I'd love some story where we create town from scratch in the wilderness, with plenty of control over what it becomes.

maybe the next game is taking longer because theres gonna be a lot of new features and stuff? idk

remember, it took Nintendo 4 years since its original announcement to finally release New Leaf. Don't expect it to be done in a day. :p

I thought that animal crossing games tend to get released getting towards the mid life of a console, well not within the first year of a console's life.
Plus all what other posters say, it takes time and a lot of work to get things right.
A lot of players criticised city folk as being too close in content to wild world, albeit I liked city folk more than acww.

New leaf was a massive leap in content, so its going to be difficult to add/change the game while keeping its charm.
I have every confidence they will pull it off. I thought the ac team was the same team that made splatoon games?

We have had a really good update to acnl (+ 2 mini games added - puzzle league/DIE), we still have the mobile phone ac game to be released - I'd guess that will be the for-runner & link into the Switch ac game - maybe mid 2019?

I'm okay with waiting if it means we're going to get a really good in the end. Plus, I've been keeping myself busy by working on a new town anyways :p I know there's been many threads like this already and I've already given some of my input in some... but just reading them all makes me wonder if developers have peeked at them too and are taking our suggestions seriously... haha if only.

I'm still waiting on the App.
Even though I am convinced it's going to be 90% micro-transactions and I will instantly hate it...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm okay with waiting if it means we're going to get a really good in the end. Plus, I've been keeping myself busy by working on a new town anyways :p I know there's been many threads like this already and I've already given some of my input in some... but just reading them all makes me wonder if developers have peeked at them too and are taking our suggestions seriously... haha if only.

There are spies among us! They're stealing our ideas so they can get paid for it!

I'm also hoping they're taking their time developing a new game that will be unique from the other animal crossing franchises and a more enjoyable way to play the game

I'm hoping for a game for the 3DS but wouldn't mind one for the switch at all

I think Animal Crossing would be great on the switch, but since we're getting the app at some point this year that might delay the switch version?

Im really patient, and i honestly just want more villagers of a species. (Eyes on monkeys)

im sure they're working on it.
after all animal crossing is one of their biggest franchises
be patient

i'm glad there is no new animal crossing yet considering I just started playing new leaf. I really hope there will be more villagers, more pwp options, max number of villagers increased, and bigger towns.

I would love a new Animal Crossing a MAIN Animal Crossing, no spin-off garbage, but I understand why it hasn't been being talked about. Apparently, the same Nintendo group that does AC also works on the Splatoon series. And given that Splatoon 2 is more or less out, we can see what they've been working on. Hopefully, they'll release a new AC game. Otherwise, we'll be halfway down the Metroid path.

FOR REAL!! where's the new animal crossing at? do you think they're in the process of making a new one? and if so, when do you think it will be announced?

what features would you like to see implemented in the next edition of AC? personally i would love to see a feature where you could edit your entire town (or at least your villagers houses) in the drag-and-drop style of happy home designer. i'd also love to see some new villagers and species, and new characters in general.

in order to set the new game apart from ACNL, they're going to have to drastically change the core dynamics of the game. if you have any ideas/predictions for what they might do, i'd love to hear them! all i can think of is maybe they will put you in charge of multiple towns, but that seems a little gimmicky. idk!

and i know what you might be thinking. "5 years isn't long enough for nintendo to develop a worthy successor to their renowned triple-A title animal crossing," and perhaps you qualm, "well they JUST came out with happy home designer, cut them some slack!" and i see your point. i understand where you are coming from. but i raise you this:

View attachment 203630

this is how many mario games nintendo has released since 2012. i've got my eyes on you, reggie!

lol calm down

I think Animal Crossing would be great on the switch, but since we're getting the app at some point this year that might delay the switch version?

Honestly they'll probably develop the 2 alongside each other; like how people were salty about Hey Pikmin before it was revealed that they were making another main Pikmin title simultaneously and Hey Pikmin is basically a lil spin-off thing to tide people over for a while.

Last edited:
I wonder which will come first, Phineas with my gold street pass badge or a new AC announcement.

Back