• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Where's the new Animal Crossing?!?!

Another thread of another impatient person.

Just wait like the rest of us..

Last edited:
I think that Nintendo is trying to really stretch out their current AC content: they gave us Welcome Amiibo, which breathed some new life into the game, and when the app is released, that will give them more time to work on a big console title. I think we've got another 2-4 years before they even hint at something on the Switch - not that I'm complaining, because it gives them time to make something really great!

As much as I love Animal Crossing, I'm content with waiting a little while longer for a new game. I just got a New 3Ds XL so I'm not ready to move on from the 3Ds to most likely the Switch. I also am very occupied with my towns. I feel like I would just abandon New Leaf if a new game came out, and I'm not ready to do that.

I am excited for the mobile game though. Don't think it will be much, but I'm excited anyways for now

I honestly don't want the new game, because it will probably be for the Nintendo Switch, and I would never buy it, I don't like it at all
But still, it's better that they are taking a lot of time, since it means that they are working hard on it

We're never gonna get it :')

No but in all seriousness it's probably going to be for switch so it'll likely take a while since they're already working on cranking out a bunch of new titles.

Not concerned with the next game. I'm still finding new things to do in New Leaf. Just this morning, I started a new town and now have 10 Wolves in residence. Maybe I'll take an axe to Isabelle.....

I'm in no rush for a new AC game. Just started my New Leaf town in November of 2016 and wouldn't want to abandon it once a new AC game comes out for the switch. Although, I have no intentions of purchasing a switch for at least a year, or two...once more games are out for the system and I beat some more games in my backlog.

The mobile game is probably happening to tide us over some, I wouldn't expect any AC news until 2019 at the earliest.

I kinda want a feature that allows you to blacklist villagers. Although I like how villagers move in randomly, there are villagers I absolutely DO NOT want, and I usually get those ones :') Also, higher villager max. Ten spaces is not enough

I don't really mind when they come out with a new game. I just want to hear something about a new game being made. I understand it takes time. No problem. But really all we've heard of is that mobile app (come on that's it? Like I don't care about a mobile app Nintendo please). It's not like games aren't announced a while before release anymore it's kind of the norm now (looking at breath of the wild for example and pretty much most games now).

I actually don't think they would have to change a lot? I get that angle but not much changed between say Population Growing and Wild World (yeah new holidays but really it was new hairstyles, making clothes I think, accessories, and more rooms to build) but just an example idk.

I'd like the mayor part to be scrapped but I think it's here to stay XD

Back