• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Right in the heart...

Sdj4148

Coffee isnt my cup of tea
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Winter Mittens
Yellow Candy
So I've picked my game back up after a hiatus and was just visiting with my villagers, you know chatting. Due to my previous hiatuses, I've lost some of my favorite villagers, such as Carmen and Mira, and I still miss them. However I noticed while I was talking to Tia and Beau, they still use the catchphrases of my two lost villagers. I had really realized how much I missed them after all this time until I saw those catchphrases, it certain hit me right in the heart. Has something like this ever hit you straight in the heart?

I get over lost villagers quite easily now, but old screenshots usually make me a little nostalgic. I've never lost a villager and cycled to get them back because I don't think it's worth it. I do think it's worth it to use the opportunity to experience other villagers though! That's why I'm not trying to get some of my favorites in my old towns. I just let the chips fall where they may lol.

Welcome back to the game btw! sorry about your villagers, but you'll see them again one day!!

oh wow that hit me in the feels tbh

i remember when i had to say goodbye to moe because i already had beau and he was in a bad spot. he was such a sweetheart and i hated saying goodbye to him

I finally let a couple of my long-time villagers go recently, and some of my current villagers are also using their catchphrases. I do get that feeling too. Especially the ones I've had since the creation of my town.

It's funny how a game can have this effect but yes I've had moments like that as well! I have everyone I love now with amiibo cards I've collected, so luckily I don't have to deal with that anymore. But when I found out I'd lost Skye one morning when I opened the game back up I was crushed! I kept seeing her on main street and it was like pouring salt on the wound lol. These villagers sure pull on our heart strings! Hopefully you get one of your lost villagers back soon. :)

I was bored one day and decided to read some villager goodbye letters (I kept nearly every single one). That was like a 10 minute trip through memory lane. I nearly shed a tear. *sniffle*

Fang wants me to change his catch phrase that he copied by his bestie Diana but I told him not to. I will certainly miss Fang because he made friends with many of the female villagers and that he acts like the dancing queen... :(
He shall dance in my dreams now.

When i first started playing I got lolly as a starter and accidentally moved her out with an amiibo because I had no clue what i was doing. my boyfriend came to my town and took her from me and changed her up and made her awful in his town, total stab in the heart.

I hate losing villagers. I recently lost maple and marina and im really sad about it

I haven't moved out many villagers, since I'm usually okay with what comes to me. I did move Peggy out some time ago, because I didn't really care for her as much as others, and then Rocket had to go because she was mean about Dizzy. I'd forgotten all about it, but I must have made a birthday wish that Peggy would move, because three villagers have come up to me this week, asking how that wish went. Silly villagers.

A long time ago, when Teddy was in my town, he got sick, so I came with medicine for him. To my surprise though, when I talked to him, the first thing he noticed was my bee-stung face and gave me some medicine for it. Even though he was sick and suffering, he gave me his only medicine for my stupid tree-shaking self.

Of course I gave him the medicine I had, but it was so touching...!

Back