• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone have some art tips?

References like everybody else has said defiantly is a good way to go. Taking photos of your hands in certain poses and then drawing them is great, I sometimes fill a page or two in my sketchbook of hands/arms just to help.

Also building hands up from basic shapes is another good way to do it. The palm being a squared shape, fingers little rectangles, and just continue building from there.

I totally understand! I've been doing the same with hands but...still not much improvment xD

I'm okayish with shading, still never looks realistic at all (not that I draw realistic stuff anyway)

Wow, this thread blew up!

I always draw in an anime-ish art style so I never try to be too realistic with shading

Back