• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Which system is better? Imperial or Metric?

Which measurement system do you prefer more?

• Total voters
imperial doesn't make sense at all.. i used a ruler that only had inches on it and i was so frustrated that the numbers in between the first inch, the first inch + half and the second inch didn't ****ing add up whatsover.

metric is where its at.

(mind u i use lbs for my weight cause i cant figure out stone/kg)

Last edited:
From working in science, metric is far superior. Just so easy to convert and much simpler to understand. But from everyday life, I'm surrounded by imperial so that's how I perceive the world. Like I understand how warm a day would be in Fahrenheit but not Celsius for example or how heavy an object is in lbs not kg u___u

Last edited:
Metric..

wtf how do you even live with that weird imperial thing.. also conversion is like the freaking worst pain ever unless you have some automatic app or plugin or stuff for it .-.

Metric is so much better. I can never remember how many feet are in a mile, converting between metric and imperial is a mess, and it would save a lot more time on math problems

Metric makes way more sense. I wish the USA would use it so then we can all ditch imperial for good. I believe the USA is the only country that still uses that outdated measurement system and we're forced to cater to it cause the USA is big enough to not ignore.

Metric makes way more sense. I wish the USA would use it so then we can all ditch imperial for good. I believe the USA is the only country that still uses that outdated measurement system and we're forced to cater to it cause the USA is big enough to not ignore.

Not just big, but it's the most powerful nation in the world. Funny thing is that it still uses the imperial measurement system, elects leaders through the electoral college, and does other things when the rest of the world has abandoned all of that, yet America is more powerful than the rest and went first in technological progresses. Kinda odd.

Not just big, but it's the most powerful nation in the world. Funny thing is that it still uses the imperial measurement system, elects leaders through the electoral college, and does other things when the rest of the world has abandoned all of that, yet America is more powerful than the rest and went first in technological progresses. Kinda odd.

"the usa is the best country everything we do is great america takes care of the rest of the world and is superior to everyone" yeah no

also how would using a different measurement system have an impact on the technological progress and the power the country has in the world lmao. it's just a stupid system that's a pain to use but it's not like weighting stuff in ounces and pounds makes someone less likely to succeed in life... or maybe the power lies in the imperial system, donald trump totally has power because his hands are 3 inches long, if he had 7.62 cm long hands his name would only be known by his parents and maybe his wife. the inches is what makes him strong and powerful .

some imperial units are used in the uk as well so it's not only the us that uses it :/

Metric is so much better. I can never remember how many feet are in a mile, converting between metric and imperial is a mess, and it would save a lot more time on math problems

5,280 feet. It's just not a simple number, and I only remember because we literally had to memorize stuff like that when I was in 4th grade.

Metric is nice, considering it is used across the world.
Only if there is a much more easy way to understand Celsius instead of converting it RIP.

Metric is objectively better. Imperial is for special snowflakes. :p

According to the poll, Metric is more popular by a landslide. Even among American members.

I still don't really like the metric system. I may have to get used to it when I'm in science, but I'm not going to adapt to it being our primary system for anything other than science.

However, unlike most arguments, there isn't a strong argument that defends the imperial system, yet I don't believe in forcing people to change their lifestyles.

According to the poll, Metric is more popular by a landslide. Even among American members.

I still don't really like the metric system. I may have to get used to it when I'm in science, but I'm not going to adapt to it being our primary system for anything other than science.

However, unlike most arguments, there isn't a strong argument that defends the imperial system, yet I don't believe in forcing people to change their lifestyles.

I don't think it matters if you use metric or imperial for basic stuff as long as you understand how to use it. I usually use imperial when I post stuff on here since this is an american site. My only real problem is coverting celsius to fahrenheit but I can use my phone for that.

I prefer using the US Customary Units, but we use kilometers in the military. In order to get a rough estimate of how far we're patrolling or moving, I've found out that 5 kilometers is roughly 3 miles. So if we're hiking a 20k, that's about 12-13 miles.

wot dat?

- - - Post Merge - - -

like which one is which i dont remember omg

- - - Post Merge - - -

help and ill vote lol

Back