• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

goodbye old town

mimituesday

king of tuesday
Bells
my 3ds broke today. it was locked in sleep mode and wouldn't wake up. my animal crossing was a download and i didn't have the ability to do a system transfer

all gone

my sister bought me a new 3ds and another game and i am so happy but also... i have to start all over

what are some things you wish you could redo? what are some things i should be happy to get to do over?

additionally: what should i look for in my new map as i reset for it?

Last edited:
OMG, that totally sucks about your game! It must have been super upsetting to lose all that progress!

As for what to look for in a town map, a good river layout, not too many ponds and thelocation of ReTail would be my suggestions. Also native town fruit if you have a preference. It can be hard to find a town map that you like, you just have to have a rough idea, but not too specific otherwise you could be resetting all day!

Best of luck with it all!

it was really sad because i had one of my dreamies, but i get a reboot and can work harder in the beginning to make sure i don't hate stuff later like i kind of was starting to hate my old map so it could be worse

thank you for the advice!!!

they're different size sd cards. our old 3ds used a regular sd card and the new one uses a micro sd. without system transfer, can't transfer the data on the game. even copying the sd card to the microsd wouldn't take my town along with it. at least, that's what me and my sister think based on the instructions nintendo has on their website

if i'm wrong and can transfer from sd card to microsd, i would love to know!!!!

I'm sorry about your town if there's anything you need that I might be able to help with feel free to message me.

im sorry about your town.

having to start over sucks, but a fresh start isn't always super bad. you can fix anything you might've done wrong in your previous town or get a better town map and new villagers if you want. the possibilities are endless ^^

i actually had a mini-nightmare about this the other day, perhaps i am an abstract oracle of your misfortune?

i think something that you can look forward to in your new town is creating new villagers and houses. it's sad to think that you lost all your furniture and everything, so you could make a wishlist and i would be happy to order whatever items i have from my catalogue you might need!

another thing to look forward to is landscaping and new public works projects, even though it will take some time to unlock those things. since its a new town you might not be invested in your new villagers, so just until you unlock the shops/new pwp's you could use time travel to make the wait less grueling.

keep us updated and let the forum know if theres anything you need ! there are lots of people here who love to be of help. you have my condolences u_u

Ahhh I'm really sorry to hear this :( I'm glad you got a new DS/game though! I always look forward to decorating my house and expanding, getting new villagers, and building PWPs :) I also think that it's really rewarding to grow hybrids and watch your town grow in general, so hopefully you'll enjoy starting over and creating a whole new mini world!

As for your map, what I usually look for is that there's a good place for my home, and that retail isn't too far out of reach. Personally I hate running all the way across town just to sell something or get to main st, but you should choose whatever appeals to you the most. Pick one that you like :)

Back