• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Receiving a legendary in Wonder Trade

Soraru

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Winter Mittens
Gave away a Rotom, and was given a Marshadow by someone in Japan. It's level 100 with an event ball. Is there some giveaway event in Japan that we haven't been told about?

Have you ever received a legendary in Wonder Trade? What did you trade?

Eh that Marshadow is probably hacked or RNG/saved but yeah as long as they work with the game and don't ban you online or crash it I don't care... And yeah I dunno if it's even begun yet but yeah it's one of those QR code things where you get a Ga-Ol? disc and stuff.

Aaanyways back in XY/ORAS when you could send stuff up more freely I definitely got more hack/saves events and legendary stuff.

But yeah man as long as it doesn't crash or ban you keep it man!

I actually got a couple legendaries and shinies through wonder trade in Moon. And most of them are obvious hacks but I don't care. I got a Solgaleo with a move it learns at a later level and a Shiny Rayquaza. I also traded a legit shiny Trumbeak for a Dialga, any on gts and got a shiny Dialga at level 17... I kind of wanted to use it, but then it wouldn't be at level 17 any more. lol

I actually got a couple legendaries and shinies through wonder trade in Moon. And most of them are obvious hacks but I don't care. I got a Solgaleo with a move it learns at a later level and a Shiny Rayquaza. I also traded a legit shiny Trumbeak for a Dialga, any on gts and got a shiny Dialga at level 17... I kind of wanted to use it, but then it wouldn't be at level 17 any more. lol

Yeah I don't care about good hacks.. the bad hacks that infest GTS and that might creep WT however :L

Ages ago I got that event Volcanion from WT and whatnot shinies as well... good ol' days

I feel like the only person who has not received a legendary or hacked shiny through Wonder Trade. I used to do it for days on end in XY, ORAS and SM.

A handful of the legendaries I own are from Wonder Trade. I usually send out crap Pokemon so to get a legendary from that is amazing. I don't care if they're hacked, since most are anyway, as long as they don't ruin my game.

Actually, Marshadow is available in Japan right now, I was trading with Japanese players yesterday and they had them in their PC.
You're so lucky, I've been looking for Japanese Marshadow for a while now!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I feel like the only person who has not received a legendary or hacked shiny through Wonder Trade. I used to do it for days on end in XY, ORAS and SM.

I feel you. I send out shinies sometimes through WT and usually get Magikarps or Wingulls in return. It's rather frustrating. :'(

Yeah my bad, forgot the actual date of the Marshadow release thing, weird they didn't do a QR code thing like with the other dude though :|

But yeah if they are sent up on WT they are probably good hack or saves

Last edited:
Yeah, Marshadow was released for the 20th Anniversary movie in Japan. It sucks, but hopefully it will be released in America like they did with Shiny Tapu Koko.

But yeah generally WT has a better filter than GTS has, if it pass going through GTS it's a good hack or save otherwise it's not passing their filter.

On GTS though it's easier to just dc or put up random **** you can't even trade for, where a DC or a bad Pok?mon will ban you from going online, everything from 15-30 mins to a few days, even if you didn't do a thing.

so far no problems. no bans no warnings. just been sitting in my box happily with the rest of legendaries/ubs. its so cute. i cant wait for them to release marshadow in US. i hope it wont be lvl 100 though, its fun to level up pokemon.

When it comes to event Pokemon in Wonder Trade, I always see many people not aware of the fact that they require special ribbons which prevent being traded. The hackers are always trading ones with no special ribbon. Apparently the game doesn't check for that? There are very few event Pokemon without ribbons, mostly from Gen 3, though it seems mythical Pokemon from previous Gens are blocked by the trade filter now.
I once saw someone (not on TBT) think they got a legit event Mew in Wonder Trade. Hardly anyone remembers the ribbons...

I got a Shiny Xerneas from a Wonder Trade once! Pretty cool.

As for Pokemon I've given away in the Wonder Trade, I gave away my normal Xerneas after getting the shiny, and my Mewtwo after moving on from Pokemon X to Pokemon Sun.

Back