Hospital/Quarantine Town

totakek

aesthe&#
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Mailbox
My brain made an idea and I need to get it off my chest. :D

Yesterday I was playing ACNL and noticed how the duck shirt design of Anytown seemed to be spreading throughout the townsfolk, almost like an infection. It gave me the idea for a Quarantine/Hospital town where all the villagers have catchphrases like achoo or cough to make them sound sick; you could make it more "organic" as it were by only giving a couple of villagers the catchphrase and having the "infection" spread gradually throughout the town. The residents could all be doctors/nurses with their houses as hospital wards. You could make one villager a funeral director with a grim black suit and top hat with a morgue house if you wanted to get a lil bit dark and spooky with it.

I had the posible idea of the Mayor not being a doctor but like, a regular mayor, with a house made as hard to get to as humanly possible as their paranoia grows and they try to stave off the infected. Maybe their basement could be a secret lab with medicine cabinets and cauldrons that reveals that they created the disease for nefarious purposes...

All the visitors would have to wear the surgical mask, and I could fill the Able Sisters designs with hospital gowns for the villagers to wear.

Of course the town fruit has to be apples, because everybody knows that an apple a day keeps the doctor away!

this idea sounds really interesting!
i'd love to see the end result of this town.please make it happen! :)

also i always have to have apples as my town fruit.
idk, perfect apples just look really aesthetically pleasing to me. so shiny

At the beginning of 2017 there was a thread on here for people to participate in a 1-year challenge that was similar to this idea! A virus/disease/plague would spread throughout the village organically through catchphrases or t-shirts. There were rules created where the infected ones were not allowed to leave your town unless "cured". I was only able to do it for a couple months until I decided to change my town theme :p It was an awesome concept but I don't think it caught on!! I'd love to actually see the results of a long term town with this idea with a whole background story and everything. It could be so great with a bit of hacking because there's only so much you could do playing it vanilla!

Anyways, here's the link to that original thread if you need some inspiration! http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?400615-2017-A-New-Challenge-(Always-Open-to-Newcomers)

Please make this town! the concept is absolutely amazing and it reminds me so much of The Walking Dead. you should definitely leave weeds around and maybe even let Rafflesia spawn!!

Thinking of getting June and Raddle as villagers for the theme since June's house looks like a waiting room and Raddle is well...Raddle lol

I'm gonna do it; I've just gotta think about whether to do a full reset or to just makeover my current map into the new theme with the ~*power of hacks*~.

It really depends on whether I decide to blog it or not, as if I don't I can just remake the current town but if I do I'm gonna wanna get that town tree planting photo with the right town name on it and everything, so peeps can see the town evolve from day 1. If I did reset I'd probably have to get someone to hold Klaus and my surgical mask/the 1.3mil bells I got lying around in the bank as well...

Thoughts?

((I also thought of naming the town Malady, since it's a pretty-sounding synonym for illness))

Lets call the plague the Anytown virus.
Maybe the town should be called Anytown, and the Mayor is named Anybody/Somebody.

Back