• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Name something you didn't expect to enjoy when you tried it.

Miii

Bells
Silver Mailbox
Mailbox
User Title Color Change
Ruby
Pink Hybrid Lily
Isabelle
For me, it's programming :D I'm learning Python at the moment because it's a straight forward, newbie friendly language and I plan to use it as a stepping stone for getting into C++, which I really want to learn.

So yeah, what weird thing do you enjoy?

The game Risk. I thought it would be boring and difficult, but I actually really enjoyed it and I ended up winning!

Firstly, well done you for taking on programming!

I actually enjoy planning. It doesn't matter what I'm planning whether it be a trip or just my weekly food shop. I love feeling organised. It seems like a lot of people find it a chore or even stressful but for me it's really relaxing!

Saxophone. Way back in the day when I was first trying woodwinds and I really wanted to play the clarinet, my dad already had an alto saxophone in the family and they tried to convince me to try it instead. For some reason back then I didn't like the instrument at all and told them "No, I want to play clarinet".

A year or so after that, I tried the saxophone and liked it so much better than the clarinet. My poor parents. lol

drawing. i've always avoided it since i'm bad at it, and while i am, its actually kind of fun if im in the mood aha

I really want to try D&D! Hoping to join a women's group.

one of the reasons why I'm really enjoying it is because I'm playing with a bunch of my friends who I've known for maybe 10+ years, they've sorta made it a routine to play every week, its great!! do you know any of your friends who've been looking into dnd? It's a really fun/intense thing to add to the list of things to do with them! :)

Rigging. 3D models need "bones" in order to animate, so rigging is the process of giving a 3D model a skeleton and then assigning different parts of the model to the different bones.

It's often considered the most boring part of the modelling process, but it's very enjoyable to me (except for when something doesn't work)!

flower flavoured sweets. I expected them to taste disgusting but they are really good

Settlers of Catan. I thought it would be super boring but it was a lot of fun once I got the hang of it.

And I just recently played croquet for the first time. I realllllyyy didn't want to play, but I ended up enjoying it and I actually won the round!

For years I was against eating fish or seafood because I held the belief that sea creatures are our friends and eating fish would go against my morals. But when I ate some fish and chips a long time ago I realized that I was missing out on one of the best food ever invented!

Quite a few shows, one in particular was Supernatural. I thought it sounded stupid and things with huge annoying fan bases usually push me away from liking them. So it took me to be in the middle of moving, and I turned on Law and Order but once it was over Supernatural started and I was too busy to look for the remote cause I was packing, and so I watched this episode and in the episode Dean looks at this girl and was like "It's going to be ok, Katie." and I was like. "Ok Dean." Then I was hooked, his damn kawaii eyes, fell in love, and kept watching it. Once we got to my new house I binged through all the seasons available on Netflix.

This really trashy Brazil telenovela soap they aired here. I men the story is a bit basic/supernatural as most soaps but consider all they air here is either a)home/- decorating shows b) crime series c) random bad series in general it was actually enjoyable. Even though the theme song is the most annoying thing ever.

Think the original name is "A Vida da Gente" or something but ye.

I didn't think I would enjoy being in a parade. I was in a middle school band due to an elective requirement, and I was reluctant on participating, especially since you can barely hear the flute, but once I started walking it was fricking great. We played Beat It by Michael Jackson. You could hear the flutes so clearly since there were so many of us. I want to do it again some day.

Back