Name something you didn't expect to enjoy when you tried it.

Animal Crossing for me as well. I wish I had known more about the games when I was younger but better late than never. Video games in general would fit the bill. A few months ago, I was playing a demo of Puyo Puyo Tetris. I am horrible when it comes to puzzle games but something about this game got me hooked. Now I play it at least once once a week. I didn't expect it to be so fun yet challenging. I'm starting to improve a bit as I've kept going with the game. It doesn't help that it has a catchy soundtrack.

Manga also counts as well. I'm not much of a comics person so I wasn't expecting to be drawn into several series. I enjoy looking at people's art styles and how the expressions match so well with the dialogue. Nowadays, I rarely touch manga due to a lot of series being unrelatable or having too much fanservice but there's always a select few I'll go back to reread every now and then.

Technology as a whole: networking, programming, database work, etc. I took a programming course in high school on a whim and I fell in love with it, as well as networking the following year and now, working with programs like MySQL in college. It feels amazing to constantly be learning and working with computers, and I honestly never would have thought of doing it before that programming course!

Broccoli pie.

I usually hate like fresh/boiled broccoli but when it's like down to coal atoms it's actually real nice lol

The Death Note Series. Everywhere online I always saw people saying things like "It's the best series ever!" and "Everyone needs to read it at least once!" but never giving any specific reasons as to what made it so good. I finally gave in and bought the first volume of the black edition just because it was on sale and I ended up absolutely loving it.

The Death Note Series. Everywhere online I always saw people saying things like "It's the best series ever!" and "Everyone needs to read it at least once!" but never giving any specific reasons as to what made it so good. I finally gave in and bought the first volume of the black edition just because it was on sale and I ended up absolutely loving it.

I am such a nerd for that series. I have all the books, the 13th bonus book, the black editions, and a collectible L card.

Jazz singing. I decided to take the class at my school because it was a higher level ensemble (and I'm an overachiever when it comes to music), and what scared me the most was scatting. I finally got over my fear of 12 bar blues and now my directors call me a jazz prodigy since I made it into the Illinois state jazz ensemble. I used to hate jazz, now I can't wait for the next semester to start!

uh when i was little i only liked to eat cheese pizza bc i thought pepperoni pizza looked gross and ugly and it took me yrs till i finally tried it and BOY was i wrong

melanie martinez music.
so i went around too see whats was about her and i heard "cry baby" first and i liked it and then i saw after that song "alphabet boy" was next so i heard it and then i heard the whole cry baby album and part of the melanie unreleased songs aaand now im a cry baby.

Probably sushi. My sister is allergic to sea food so I tend to avoid anything containing fish for a majority of my childhood. The last thing I needed was giving her an allergic reaction lmao. But my older sister, who's not allergic, made me try some of her sushi and I turned out liking it! I'm still kinda cautious about eating it in near my sister, but I love eating different kinds and see what I've been missing out

Sudoku. Got forced to do it in year 5 with the attitude of 'this is gonna suck' but uh... 5 years later and I actually really love it??

melanie martinez music.
so i went around too see whats was about her and i heard "cry baby" first and i liked it and then i saw after that song "alphabet boy" was next so i heard it and then i heard the whole cry baby album and part of the melanie unreleased songs aaand now im a cry baby.

same I love her music. I listened to doll house first and then fell in love with the rest of her album. I think tag you're it is my favorite

It's such a shame that her fandom is so annoying though..

Back