• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How many days have you gone without sleep?

Everyone here is crazy saying a day or more. Like, how do y'alls live?

I think I've gone 1 day at most. I too, was a crazy one.

I think a little over a day. It has been so long I do not even remember what for.

I never not sleep. I can't. I guess I could because I can handle tiredness quite nicely, but I just won't. there's no reason that would make me do this.

36 hours I think after struggling to complete an English essay the night before. That same day I was extremely jittery at school, ended up catching the wrong bus on the way home because the bus numbers were jumbled in my brain, and ended up in some suburb across the bridge on the other side of the city.

What I learnt from that was that if I don't finish an assignment or study enough for a test, who cares go to sleep.

One Summer when I was a kid, I decided that I wanted to see how long I could stay awake for without falling asleep. If memory serves, I think I made it 72 hours, or three days. That said, I may be misremembering, but I can say that if it wasn't a full 72 hours, then it was somewhere between 48-72. As an adult, I shudder at the thought of trying to do this now.

I occasionally pull a full 24 hours to fix a sleep schedule if necessary. It's not the best way to try to fix your circadian rhythms, but it's the method that works best and most reliably for me.

I had the worst insomnia a few years back, and wouldn't sleep more than a couple of hours a night. I stayed awake for almost 4 days straight at one time.

It seems impossible, but
I lived it.

I would sit up and wait for my body to literally pass out.

Two hours a night was the equivalent of a coma to me.

I swear one weekend when i was like 10 i had the starwars prequels and like a season of family guy on dvd and i stood up all day and all night that whole weekend watching those cds lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

FAMGUY SEASON WAS NETFLIX RENTED TOO WITH THE LITTLE ENVELOPE AND I SCRATCHED IT

I think I only managed one day without any sleep back then when I was younger. Nowadays, I wouldn't make it without at least a few hours of sleep.

Probably for two days. Then I zonked out the third night.

My body can't handle the lack of sleep; long periods of time without my perfected beauty too much.

I went about 35 hours without sleep once last year. It confused the hell out of me.

Uh, probably 26 hours? For completing the last minute details of my dissertation omg

I used to have diagnose insomnia as a teenager after my father passed away and I went just shy of 4 days once. I remember I only slept a few hours then and when I woke up I was awake for almost another 3 days. That was the worst of it for sure.

Longest I pulled was just over 50 or so hours. Insomnia was killing me that stretch. I got a lot done, though.

Wow not even a whole day, but almost, 20 hours when I was at the hospital with my dad. I couldn't sleep sitting on a god damn chair until we finally arrived home at almost 4am

Back