How many days have you gone without sleep?

When I was 13, I did an all nighter for prestige at a lock in, couldn't sleep the next day because I was so ill from staying awake that long, so about 3 days!

So far I'm at 38 hours, but my longest is 4 days
gosh I sure do love having insomnia

Last edited:
i had went through this phase a few years back where i was a massive all nighter.... like i'd play video games and i'd enjoy staying up so i think i've gone like 2 days without sleep? never again tho lol

3. And I'm not talking about "I laid down on my bed but couldn't sleep". As in I was up and out and about for 3 days. I was traveling from one side of the globe to the other and when I got to my destination I had to buy a lot of stuff and then had meetings.
It was surreal because after day 2 I felt like I was losing my mind and by day 3 the slightest thing would make me laugh. I don't recommend it at all.

I've went for maybe 40ish hours once? I am a man who needs his sleep. 8 hours a night boooooiz

One time I stayed awake for 3 days straight because of anxiety. You start to hear and see things that aren't actually there, it is awful. -5/10, would not recommend.

I really don't think I've gone longer than 34-35 hours (so like 1.5 days), and that was only because of travel. I can't sleep on planes.

I think about two full days, when i was really depressed
but, like, i've had periods of time when i was only able to sleep for, like, a couple hours each day that lasted for around a week

I've pulled an all-nighter once, so I guess I was up for maybe 36-48 hours that time. I don't remember exactly. But there have been plenty of times where I've survived on just a few hours of sleep a night for extended periods of time.

Several years ago I stayed up for like three days straight, got crazy auditory hallucinations and noped to my bed

I sleep every 48 hours ! That's how I manage to be such a multitasker and seemingly always online. I'm with Gobby though, if you stay up for longer than you're use to, eventually your vision gets janky and more paranoid---like mistaking things for scary imagery x10, and auditory hallucinations are common. I generally pass out before I am affected by any of that, though. :p

I don't think I've ever stayed up for three days straight and it sounds scary to try. The most I've spent is maybe a day and a half, and even then I didn't like the feeling. I hate that you have to sleep in order to function, but it is what it is. On the positive side, sometimes dreams are a fun experience.

one day. i was so sick that instead of sleeping, i just vomited all night.

Back