• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hmm, that's weird (regarding plot resetting)

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Alright, so my last villager, Anicotti, moved in yesterday and I now have 8 villagers so I was expecting a new villager to move in today, So I create a new character and run around doing my plot reset thing and there are no plots, not even in spots where I don't want them.. Is this normal? I only have 8 villagers.

Sometimes it takes a few days for the 9th villager to come in. If you TT, you can use the DS settings to move up a few days and try again, but if you don't I would move in the new character anyways and try again tomorrow.

Okay. I'll save with my new character. I don't time travel so I'll plot reset again tomorrow.

I went a couple days before a 9th moved in when I had 8 villagers, and I'm pretty sure it was a voided villager I picked up from trading. Just make sure you start the day with a new character, but it might take a few days.

Just to add to this - I've gone 6 or 7 days in the past before getting a ninth villager! Although I did get campers frequently then, so maybe that's an option to consider if you're not already checking your campsite in your resets.

yeah, sometimes it takes a bit for the 9th villager to move in

Last edited:
Okay, I'll keep plot resetting until they move in. I was a bit worried because this is the first time this happened and I thought something was wrong with my game. But it's nice to know that it's not something that's unusually.

If you've just started your town, the 6th villager plot will be there the next day, then the 7th plot a day after the 6th villager has moved in (so 2 days after the 6th plot), then the 8th plot after the 7th villager has moved in (2 days after 7th plot). The 9th villager plot may come a day after the 8th villager has moved in but it isn't fixed. It could take several days to one week.

Back