• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pastel Towns

JesusBlessed

Becca
Bells
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Does anybody else find pastel themed towns boring and generic? It's just that I see them everywhere and it's so bland and annoying to me now. Anybody else? (Also if you have one those town themes, please do not take this comment to heart <3)

I don't see the appeal as much as I used to, but I figure if someone wants to make their town like that and loves it that them liking it is all that matters. I think too much pressure is put on towns to be perfect and adhere to a certain look for sure...I like my town a little messy!

I agree! I used to want my town to be all pastel + cute, but now you just see it everywhere and it makes me really sick to my tummy. But if someone really likes that look and puts in a bunch of effort to make it look like that, I won't have anything against them. (Not that I would have something someone over a town)

See pastel/pink towns everywhere now. If you really want to go pastel, try something other than pink (a green pastel town might look nice, but I honestly have no clue). A lot of the pink/pastel towns are good, but it would be nice to see a lot more variety

I really don't like pastel towns. I much prefer the brighter colors as everything in the game appears more high quality. Pastel-y things are too washed out for my liking . I like towns with bright flowers. Not the comon pink / white combos.

I personally love Pastel Towns! I was actually thinking the opposite lately, Overgrown towns seem to be getting even more popular lately.

I honestly love all town themes c: It's so amazing to see what people come up with! I do wish there was more varity though. I mainly only see Pastel and Overgrown now

I personally love Pastel Towns! I was actually thinking the opposite lately, Overgrown towns seem to be getting even more popular lately.

I honestly love all town themes c: It's so amazing to see what people come up with! I do wish there was more varity though. I mainly only see Pastel and Overgrown now

Well I don't really blame people who only do those themes. There really isn't any other theme you could create because ACNL has so many items that focus solely on those themes. Personally, I super love the overgrown theme because I just places (irl) that look like that due to childhood memories.

Im not surprised a lot of people are into making pastel towns, since animal crossing is a super cute game and many people are attracted to it because of that. I mean there's no fighting, constant cute music, and a bunch of little animals you can talk to xD Animal crossing=cutesy, & pastel=cutesy. Also maybe theres just a larger abundance of pastel QRs that people use. Although my town is pastel every pattern used outside is entirely self-made.

Oh and as for towns with 'overgrown' themes.. I mean a town does need 150-200 trees for perfect town rating, and a lot of flowers, so an appearance of overgrowth can be tough to avoid.

I see a variety of towns though, so maybe its just that the pastels are standing out in your head more bc they're so bright/obnoxious/eyepopping?
i have seen zen towns, modern towns, beach towns, cartoony/entirely self-made towns, horror towns, purposely bleak towns. plain towns. etc

Last edited:
i may be slightly biased as my european version town is pretty much just a saccharine mess of pink, but i don't really think there's anything wrong with so many pastel towns. believe it or not, even though it may be a pretty popular style/idea, a lot of pastel towns i've seen are a lot different from others and unique due to the individual ideas of the owner, so it's interesting imo to see how many players execute and present the same kind idea of a cutesy hybrid and pwp-filled town in varying personal styles and ways. like tifachu said, i've seen a lottt of different types of towns with different cultural and geographical influences and overall themes, but i think a lot of acnl players that have significant followings on youtube, tumblr, etc. like to make pastel-themed towns so they're just ones we see (i guess? idk)

I love the pastel theme! Yeah everyone has done it but each persons town has it's unique characteristics that make their town stand out a bit more.

Not really a fan of them to be honest, especially of the "pink only" pastel towns. I mean, I respect the
taste/choice and also the effort the person put in the town, there are some good looking pastel towns
out there. It's just for me a theme I couldn't work with. After a while, it would be boring and somehow
annoying for me. I also wish there would be more pastel towns out there, which aren't "pink only". Like,
everytime, when I end up on a dream town which is a pastel town, it's overall pink...Pink everywhere.
I don't understand why it's always this color, can you just work better with pink because there are
so many pink(-ish) items in the game, so it's easier to create a town like that? Or is it just a popular
color in general? I don't know, it would be nice to see such a town with a different color choice. :/

I'm trying to go for the colorful theme but yellowish pink always gets to me. So I'm trying to add a bit more non-light red and blue. Maybe some violets here and there, and sunset colored flowers.

i personally like them. yeah theres a lot of them, but i think they're pretty aha

As soon as I saw the title of this thread, what you wrote in your first post is what I thought. I prefer visiting towns with more variety. That being said, I definitely believe people should make the type of town that they like and not worry about what other people think. Probably more people enjoy that kind of town town than don't. And the game definitely lends itself to making pastel towns. There are sooo many cute pastel-themed villagers, the pink flowers and cherry blossom trees are lovely, and there are probably more cutesy qr codes than anything else. I do think pastel towns look good, it's just that after seeing so many of them, they all kind of blend together and become boring.

I find them boring now. It's unfair to think this but I see one and automatically think it's the same as the others I have seen.

not at all. i'm probably biased, since i guess my first town is likely considered a pastel town? but all the pastel towns i've visited have their own style and flavor. sure the theme is a bit overused, but innovation is a pretty cool concept. i guess it's pretty much a preference thing, but i love all the cute, pastel furniture items available in acnl, so i don't really get tired of seeing them. plus with all the customizations and different combinations of items to make up a room, you can find a lot of creative stuff in "generic" pastel towns. that's fine if they're not your thing though. just don't visit them and let people create a town they'll enjoy.

I actually really like seeing other pastel towns! I think it can bet a bit tricky when picking a town theme because there are more PWPs for fairytale/ pastel, modern and zen towns than anything else, but the thing is, every town is a bit different, and there are so many items in ACNL that it's interesting to see how people do it. I guess my town would be considered a pastel town? I don't really know, but I think it's really lovely and comes together really well.

Well, I don't mind pastel themed towns, but I wish there was more pastel colored flowers. We need some lilac colored roses or something. I think the most weird thing is that almost every town I've visited has the same villagers in it lol.

Back