• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Doodle-Lu ☆ Gallery

Lunatictimekeeper

HEEEYAYAYAYAYAYAAUAUYAUA
Orange 🍊
Lychee 🍇
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Silver Mailbox
10 Envelopes
Welcome to My Art Dump

About Me

Hello, I'm Lu! c: I'm a semi self taught artist, having used tutorials for the more recent years. I'm a tablet/pen touch user and I've been drawing for about two-two and a half years. I used drawing as an outlet, but it quickly became a hobby. I'm twenty-three and I love Medibang Paint and Autodesk Sketchbook Pro. I recently got an iPad and Procreate so here's to revival?

Rules
  • All BTF rules apply
  • Unless marked otherwise, all artworks shown here are NOT free to use. They belong to their respective owners or me. If commissioned, I will put art on my social medias unless specifically asked not to.
  • Feel free to post here, especially if you're giving constructive feedback/critique. I love having my work analyzed!

Art Statuses

[ Commissions ] open!
[ Art Trades ] | pm me
[ Requests ] friends only

Linkage
Toyhouse

Recent Gallery
Lilac.png

dcwopiv-a43fd09a-98ac-463b-af91-7ecc1ec7dadf.png

11453997_aUDyiD2aB3oFHRt.png

phx.png

Untitled46_20200821233048.png

Last edited:
Just wanted to say, that I think it's really cute :3

Aw dude, I can totes relate with having anxiety as well, but don't feel bad posting your art on here. I really like how clean your line work is and how you do the eyes, maybe work on your shading? {sucks at giving advice lol}
Also i've added you on DA! :3 So feel free to note me on there anytime!

Just wanted to say, that I think it's really cute :3

; v ; thank you!

Aw dude, I can totes relate with having anxiety as well, but don't feel bad posting your art on here. I really like how clean your line work is and how you do the eyes, maybe work on your shading? {sucks at giving advice lol}
Also i've added you on DA! :3 So feel free to note me on there anytime!

Thank you! I usually never shade, so I definitely need practice. ; v ; And yeah, I usually second guess myself before posting even when my parents encourage it.

So I started writing long before I started drawing. I usual wrote when I was upset or emotional, so some of them may seem a bit over the top. Here's a link to my Fictionpress where I just finished uploading my old writing. If you'd like to comment on them your welcome to.

I got Paint tool sai and I have no idea how to use it... but I'm practicing so that's gotta be worth something right?

hair_thingy_by_psychoticdraws-dbi1awo.png

I don't usually post, but I think your art is really good! Keep pushing yourself and you'll get better and better! Keep up the great work.

You should continue to practice! Try watching video tutorials, they helped me out a lot! Soon you'll be great :)

I don't usually post, but I think your art is really good! Keep pushing yourself and you'll get better and better! Keep up the great work.

Thank you soo much! I most certainly will keep pushing. c:

You should continue to practice! Try watching video tutorials, they helped me out a lot! Soon you'll be great :)

Thank you, I will!

I agree that your art is so so cute ^^ it's really clean :3
if you want here is a video on shading that i really found helpful.
all of her videos are helpful so i would check her out! & also this channel
im trying to get into digital art & i suck so i can't really give any other advice since ur way better than me lmao

Hi, hey, hello

Yeah I disappeared a while for family reasons, but I come back baring the best art piece from the time I was away. Character belongs to manymangoes. I'll probably only be doing art here as I don't play my 3ds as much. Though I will be using my IGB to buy art.

chyt4o3.png

Here's an adopt I posted on dA. It was also my first attempt at blending. If you have any good shading tutorials or videos I'd love to see them!

3qCEHr6.png

Here's an adopt I posted on dA. It was also my first attempt at blending. If you have any good shading tutorials or videos I'd love to see them!

3qCEHr6.png

hmm let's see what I can tell you...

there are lots of shading tutorials out there, in terms of using brushes for the effect that the particular dimension is hidden, but your REAL tutorials is just learning the general rule of light. I'll link you a good light tutorial below:

https://griffsnuff.deviantart.com/art/Basic-shading-tut-148516607

hope this helps

hmm let's see what I can tell you...

there are lots of shading tutorials out there, in terms of using brushes for the effect that the particular dimension is hidden, but your REAL tutorials is just learning the general rule of light. I'll link you a good light tutorial below:

https://griffsnuff.deviantart.com/art/Basic-shading-tut-148516607

hope this helps

Thank you! Also some news: So I finally got the nerve to get a PayPal, but now I'm at a loss with my art since I don't know what to price it at. I need prices for all the styles below, SHADING INCLUDED in USD. If you don't think my art is worrg money, feel free to say that too as I'm aware I still need improvement. If you could just leave prices or commentary down below for these stlyes;

dnRxVHB.png
Oxxk6uF.png
3qCEHr6.png

I'd greatly appreciate it!

WUFLG8B.png

I still haven't finalized my watermark or style yet, ugh

i recommend trying to use darker colours to shade.
you dont have to use a darkened version of the original colour to shade, you can use different colours. for example if you were shading pink hair, you could use a purple to shade the hair. it just makes your work more colourful and interesting to look at.

if you want a cold atmosphere you could shade with blue or if you want a warm atmosphere you could shade with pink or red.

also i think studying a little bit of anatomy once and a while would help. i find photo studies quite useful (basically trying to recreate a photo).

keep at it and don't give up! you're constantly improving even when you dont know it <:

Back