• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Path of Exile (PoE)

piske

old and unwise
Pear 🍐
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Ladybug Easter Egg
Daisy Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Love Ball
Anyone else play this game? I'm just starting out. I've played similar games (Diablo III and Torchlight II) so I understand the concept, but this one seems far more complex.

I'm playing as a Ranger - any advice?

Last edited:
I switched to the Witch - why didn't I choose her to begin with?! She's definitely weaker than the other characters but I love the distance attacking.

I tried that for a while but eh, I'm not much into those kind of MMO games, really. No hate against it but since I really don't know people who play it got pretty basic :|

I tried that for a while but eh, I'm not much into those kind of MMO games, really. No hate against it but since I really don't know people who play it got pretty basic :|

I'm not into MMOs either, I just play by myself :>

I'm not into MMOs either, I just play by myself :>

Cool you found it fun... I dunno it just never did it for me. And yeah I mostly do that on those games... Probably because I'm way too shy to have voice chats with people.. I usually use the in-game chat typing if they have it.

Cool you found it fun... I dunno it just never did it for me. And yeah I mostly do that on those games... Probably because I'm way too shy to have voice chats with people.. I usually use the in-game chat typing if they have it.

Ah, yes I can definitely see how it would get boring. I like it because it's similar to other games I've enjoyed (like Torchlight and Diablo), and because it's free. I'm in between jobs right now so I can't afford to buy some new games right now :>

- - - Post Merge - - -

And I've never done voice chat either - that sounds terrifying! ;_;

Ah, yes I can definitely see how it would get boring. I like it because it's similar to other games I've enjoyed (like Torchlight and Diablo), and because it's free. I'm in between jobs right now so I can't afford to buy some new games right now :>

- - - Post Merge - - -

And I've never done voice chat either - that sounds terrifying! ;_;

Yeah I'm like the most shy and awkward/annoying person on phone/voice chats so yeah ;;

And yeah I've been playing a lot of Diablo II, Runescape and those fantasy games/RPG in general.. But ya cool you enjoy it, maybe I should give it another try someday :>

Yeah I'm like the most shy and awkward/annoying person on phone/voice chats so yeah ;;

And yeah I've been playing a lot of Diablo II, Runescape and those fantasy games/RPG in general.. But ya cool you enjoy it, maybe I should give it another try someday :>

Haha I'm sure I would be so annoying too! My voice sounds so weird over the phone/video chat. I never ended up finishing Torchlight II or Diablo III because I got burned out, so I'll try to take it slow with this game, ha.

Haha I'm sure I would be so annoying too! My voice sounds so weird over the phone/video chat. I never ended up finishing Torchlight II or Diablo III because I got burned out, so I'll try to take it slow with this game, ha.

Oh yeah Torchlight 2 is real fun c: Like that you can pretty much grind it alone unless you want some Multiplayer achievements.

And yeah same my voice sounds so annoying recorded or if people hear it on a device lmao

Oh yeah Torchlight 2 is real fun c: Like that you can pretty much grind it alone unless you want some Multiplayer achievements.

And yeah same my voice sounds so annoying recorded or if people hear it on a device lmao

Haha I'm sure it sounds fine! :>

I just wish there were levels of difficulty in PoE. It's like Normal or Hardcore. I'm super casual so I want it to be a little bit easier. Especially since I picked the Witch and her Attack stats are lower than the other classes. :p

Last edited:
My girlfriend and I loved PoE, and we would play it heaps while we lived in different states. However after months of playing, either through new updates to the game or her laptop starting to show its age (I forget which), she was unable to run it and so I stopped playing too. That was a few years ago though.

One thing that we both love about PoE over Diablo 3 was the level of customisation through skill gems and the ability grid.

My girlfriend and I loved PoE, and we would play it heaps while we lived in different states. However after months of playing, either through new updates to the game or her laptop starting to show its age (I forget which), she was unable to run it and so I stopped playing too. That was a few years ago though.

One thing that we both love about PoE over Diablo 3 was the level of customisation through skill gems and the ability grid.

Any tips for a noob? ;_;

It's been a while since I've played, so I'm not sure what sort of updates that they've might have done to the difficulty and gameplay.

In terms of levelling up and picking attributes/talents, it's best to know a rough build that you want. Or at the very least, see if there's a few abilities that you'd like and work well together, and work out the shortest path to get them.

And sometimes it's better to use gear with less slots, but have more of them linked together, than to just have a plethora of skills. The gems that modify other skills can be extremely useful, so try out different combinations.

Off memory if you have a multiple linked slots, you can slot more than one attack skill in it. While they might not affect or modify each other, and gem that modifies an attack skill will modify all applicable linked gems.

Back