• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

BIRDS! + Poll

Do you have a bird?

• Total voters

SCOOT

SCOOT
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Anyone else have birds? I have 4 and they're the best lil things ever :D

Snoopy is my African Grey, she's a big crazy girl lol. She knows a lot of words, she also meows when she hears our cats' names!

Kiwi is a little green budgie and the SWEETEST baby boy ever. He's kinda shy but very very adorable.

Zeus is the other budgie, she's crazy too lol. She lays eggs a lot (which is a pain sometimes....) and LOVES giving kisses. It's so cute when she gives me a big kiss!!!:D

Sugar is my cockatiel, she's pure white and so cute! She loves millet more than life itself and her bell toy is the ONLY toy she uses. She has a very cute crest too.

Anyone here with birds should tell me about them!

I have two ducks, if that counts. They're really awesome pets, the only downside is that they poop everywhere. :p

Last edited:
I'm thinking about getting a bird. I wouldn't get a large birb species, anything bigger than the umbrella cockatoo can live up to 90 years on average. I won't live that long to take care of a big bird.

Something small like a canary or a parrotlet would suit me better.

I used to have 2 parakeets, but they died ;_;
I really want to get at least like 1 bird when I have my own home or something

when i was around 7 i had 2 budgies and they were so cute, but one day i came home from my dad's house and my mom told me that the one that i cherished the most had died. i cried all night and i put her in a box and buried her in my garden. we replaced her but my mom got sick of having them so she gave them to a pub or something, telling us that we'll be able to visit them but we never did !

i dont have a bird nor do i want one, but i remember when my old teacher hatched ducks, turkeys and a goose and the baby turkey was absolutely precious and i honestly kind of want one

I have two Budgies/Parakeets!

I have a Male named Bingo and a Female named Kiwi! :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would like Kiwi (My Budgie) to lay eggs but she's still rather young. :p

Last edited:
I used to have a green budgie named Wally, but he passed away a couple years back ;o;
Also I know it's super unrealistic and they're not meant to be domesticated and kept as house pets, but I absolutely adore owls and think it'd be cool to have one!

It would be cool to have one, I'd admit.:D My aunt had some, I don't know if she still does...

My family took care of a stray bird, does that count?

I'm thinking about getting a bird. I wouldn't get a large birb species, anything bigger than the umbrella cockatoo can live up to 90 years on average. I won't live that long to take care of a big bird.

Something small like a canary or a parrotlet would suit me better.
Haha cockatoos are difficult, they say it's like raising a 2 year old forever. They're so cool but I don't know if I could handle that! I've had 3 greys in my life, they're a good big bird but they can be super crazy.

Parrotlets are precious! I used to think they were just baby parrots lol. My favorite species that's smaller is cockatiels, but budgies are great and underappreciated too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My family took care of a stray bird, does that count?

Yes! Was it a wild bird or a pet bird?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I used to have 2 parakeets, but they died ;_;
I really want to get at least like 1 bird when I have my own home or something

Parakeets are so cute <3 What kind of bird would you get?

- - - Post Merge - - -

when i was around 7 i had 2 budgies and they were so cute, but one day i came home from my dad's house and my mom told me that the one that i cherished the most had died. i cried all night and i put her in a box and buried her in my garden. we replaced her but my mom got sick of having them so she gave them to a pub or something, telling us that we'll be able to visit them but we never did !

That's so sad D:

- - - Post Merge - - -

i dont have a bird nor do i want one, but i remember when my old teacher hatched ducks, turkeys and a goose and the baby turkey was absolutely precious and i honestly kind of want one

I looked up baby turkeys, they're adorable! This also reminds me of my old chemistry teacher, he had a bourke's parakeet and a couple budgies in the classroom. That guy was wild lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

If I can get a duck, I'll name it scoot lol

Perfect >:D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have two Budgies/Parakeets!

I have a Male named Bingo and a Female named Kiwi! :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would like Kiwi (My Budgie) to lay eggs but she's still rather young. :p

Kiwi's a good budgie name! I would know lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I used to have a green budgie named Wally, but he passed away a couple years back ;o;
Also I know it's super unrealistic and they're not meant to be domesticated and kept as house pets, but I absolutely adore owls and think it'd be cool to have one!

Wally is a great name! Owls are so cool, I've seen a lot of Japanese videos of them inside. I went to Japan last month and they have those owl cafes, I wish I had visited one ;-;

- - - Post Merge - - -

It would be cool to have one, I'd admit.:D My aunt had some, I don't know if she still does...

They're great pets imo! They can be messy though...

Last edited:
I used to have birds when I was younger (a lot younger actually, I don't even have memory of them) that were all named after different kinds of cakes.
I want birds though, it'd be great hearing their chirping and all every morning :p

I had two parakeets when I was younger, but when I was moving into a fancy house I wasn't allowed to bring them so I sold them to another family, I like to think they treated them really well. They weren't very affectionate or anything but I would let them fly around my room on occasion and sometimes they'd let me hold them. They would play "blinky" games with me, basically I'd shut my eyes almost all the way, they'd close their eyes, and try to peek through one eye and I'd open my eyes. It was cute. I really like birds and hope to get one again someday, probably a larger species that can learn how to talk and play games. I wont do it until I have the space to dedicate to a large cage though.

Our really good family friend had a parrot she got as a kid and he stayed with her forever, she passes away at 110 years old and the parrot is still kicking, even though he's missing a great deal of feathers.

Cool, they count! Sounds very... different lol.

Yes, owning them must be very different compared to other birds. My ducks live free and there's a small lake next to my house, so they swim there. I do feed them from time to time and they're quite tame.

I have 11 birds!! 7 of them are parakeets and the other 4 are cockatiels. They're perfect in every way imaginable :)

I hate the smell of bird cages, I hate cleaning them, I hate bird feed and how birds manage to get it on the floor, chirping can get annoying. I wouldn't own birds myself, but I can appreciate a pretty pet bird.

I have 11 birds!! 7 of them are parakeets and the other 4 are cockatiels. They're perfect in every way imaginable :)

So many! I love your signature!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hate the smell of bird cages, I hate cleaning them, I hate bird feed and how birds manage to get it on the floor, chirping can get annoying. I wouldn't own birds myself, but I can appreciate a pretty pet bird.

Lol understandable, they're definitely messy. I've been able to tune out their noise unless it's just really loud. They're not pets for everyone!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I had two parakeets when I was younger, but when I was moving into a fancy house I wasn't allowed to bring them so I sold them to another family, I like to think they treated them really well. They weren't very affectionate or anything but I would let them fly around my room on occasion and sometimes they'd let me hold them. They would play "blinky" games with me, basically I'd shut my eyes almost all the way, they'd close their eyes, and try to peek through one eye and I'd open my eyes. It was cute. I really like birds and hope to get one again someday, probably a larger species that can learn how to talk and play games. I wont do it until I have the space to dedicate to a large cage though.

Our really good family friend had a parrot she got as a kid and he stayed with her forever, she passes away at 110 years old and the parrot is still kicking, even though he's missing a great deal of feathers.

That's so cute! That's cool about the parrot too.

Back