• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Thoughts on Xenoblade Chronicles? (The first one) *Spoiler warning*

abc123wee

KozyCat
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Hey, so I just wanted to open a discussion on one of the best Wii games, Xenoblade Chronicles! Sorry if its been done.

I started Xenoblade Chronicles on June 8th of last year, and I beat it last night after playing it consistently since then (funny enough, exactly 400 days). This just shows how HUGE the game is, and I didn't even do all of the side quests, and I still got over 119 hours of game time!

I loved the games art direction, especially in the vast landscapes. I used to LOVE open worlds as a kid, but kind of stopped after a lot of games started to be completely empty, but this game brought my childlike wonder back. Also, I commend it for not looking like every other JRPG ever, instead having the characters look a bit more realistic. Honestly, I'm a bit sad their going for a more generic look in XC2.

But, the best part, in my opinion is the story. Awesome characters, motivations, consequences, twists, and (the big one) a HUGE lack of cliches.
One really cool thing is that in a game ABOUT telling the future, I surprising did not know what would happen next. That takes effort.

DUDE I first started the original Xenoblade around December (around the time I bought it) then some irl stuff caught up with me so I put it down for awhile and by then I completed about maybe 1 story arc and picked it back up about 2 weeks ago and just finished the other day

I'm super happy that I had the chance to play it and I'm glad someone told me about it cause it's honestly one of my favorite games now!! I have about 100 hours on the game and holy crap I probably wasted so much time playing it but I DON'T REGRET ONE MILLISECOND OF THAT EXPERIENCE!!!
My favorite part about this whole game is just what you said, the whole story was so unpredictable and had so many twists and turns it just kept you on your toes so you would keep playing more!! I've never felt this way about a game for so long and tbh I'm heartbroken that I finished the game because that's just something I'd like to experience for the first time again haha

AND yea what u said about XC2 is disappointing to me also since it just feels like it'll be like any other game;; i hope they surprise me and I hope it'll be just as good as the original if not better
tumblr_inline_n9y0a8sO2S1qid2nw.gif

oh my gosh I love Xenoblade's art so much. When I saw Xenoblade 2 I was kind of disappointed with how they made it more 'anime'. Doesn't look as unique tbh but I'm still forward to it nevertheless.

The story to XC is great and I love the setting. The idea of living on two titans was really cool and was a lot more expansive than I would think. I loved how you could see Mechonis in the background at some points too because it reminded me of how huge this world was and it felt real. Also the music of that game was so good, I especially love the battle themes. Sometimes I would just fight monsters for no other reason than to just listen to the music.

I would love to see this game remastered to HD on the Switch or something. It really deserves it imo.

Definitely one of the coolest concepts for a world that I've ever seen. And very well-realized to boot!

I didn't even want to play it at first - my brother kept telling me I'd love it and I was like naaah - but it's actually one of my all time favourite games now!
I love everything about it - the story, the characters and the sheer amount of things to do! On my first playthrough, I think I put in around 150 hours and that was with most of the side quests, all of the max affinity, etc. I loved the amount of twists in the story - half the time I was like WHAT JUST HAPPENED, aha.

I'm still working on the game, I'm really enjoying it so far - the characters are well-written and the huge map is so cool (albeit hard to navigate at times) it's taking me a while to get through it just because of the sheer length of the game in addition to the amount of grinding i have to do to be able to beat the bosses, but it's been a good time!

I'm still working on the game, I'm really enjoying it so far - the characters are well-written and the huge map is so cool (albeit hard to navigate at times) it's taking me a while to get through it just because of the sheer length of the game in addition to the amount of grinding i have to do to be able to beat the bosses, but it's been a good time!

You should try doing more of the sidequests. Not all of them of course, but they helped me from needing to grind at all.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You should try doing more of the sidequests. Not all of them of course, but they helped me from needing to grind at all.

Back