Ancient Candle
White Crescent Moon
Shooting Star
Green Star Fragment
Invader
Tetris Grid
Pinky
Heart Glow Wand
Hey! Right now I'm going scorpion/tarantula hunting and was wondering if anyone had any tips for me? Mainly, does anyone have any ways to help them spawn more often?

Also, does anyone have any bugs that they have trouble catching?

Well the only tip I can tell you is if they are very close to you it's better to stay still, I tried to catch them when they were like at my feet but it's not the best way, you should wait until they are at the right distance ^^

When I hunt Scorpions and Tarantulas I always have the volume of the DS on max. You can hear it when they are near by. I find the mole cricket very difficult to catch.

When I hunt Scorpions and Tarantulas I always have the volume of the DS on max. You can hear it when they are near by. I find the mole cricket very difficult to catch.

Good idea. :)
Mole crickets are especially annoying if you have a town full of flowers, they're another one which you have to have the sound up for.

as already said, i make sure my 3DS volume is on so that i can hear them (even tho the scuttling noise creeps me out lmaoo)

for spawning, you can either save & continue or enter and exit a building. it will re-spawn the bugs on the map, including the scorpions and tarantulas. they won't be in the exact same place but it will still make your search faster.

don't have your net out while you're looking. have it ready in your inventory so you only have to press the up arrow to get it out,
but don't have it out before you find one. they will get aggressive and attack. wait until you find one and then take the net out and slowly creep by holding down the (a) button. it will probably take a few tries even after you find them. they're easily aggravated.

I don't think there's a way to make them spawn more but try hunting between 11pm and 4am. I heard that's the prime time for them to come out.

I read this somewhere as well, and I always start hunting at 11PM and it takes a little patience but I've caught multiples of both of them :) Good luck!!

Back