• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hm...is there any secrets to letters?

IcySetsuna

「Want some cake, Pearl?」
Bells
Switch
3190-9632-9622
Tasty Cake
From what I heard, some words have some effect on the letter, such as
Good
(insert villager name)
Present
etc..
Is this true?
Also, if you send a villager "I love you", do they really respond with 5 things that they love, with you being one of them? This is all for...experimental reasons ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Noo they don't send you things that they love, but it would be super sweet if they did!
I'm not entirely sure if it's completely true, but I have done an experiement where I constructed a letter using the keywords: "gift" and "friendship" only, and I think I got a letter back that was like "Wow!! That was so deep!"

I sent Agent S a letter for her birthday a few days early, and she replied "Thanks for the Birthday letter!" I thought that was pretty cool!

When I first started Acnl my cousin told me that when writing letters you can't use bad spelling, or it will decreases how friendly they are to you. I totes don't know if this is true but to this day I make sure that i'm not using slang words when writing to them. :3

When I first started Acnl my cousin told me that when writing letters you can't use bad spelling, or it will decreases how friendly they are to you. I totes don't know if this is true but to this day I make sure that i'm not using slang words when writing to them. :3

If it's anything like the Animal Crossing from Gamecube, they'll probably say that they had a hard time reading it, or something along those lines.

Back