• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Net Neutrality Day is Today!

ZetaFunction

Apple 🍎
Mango 🥭
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Enchanted Butterfly Glow Wand
Snowflake Glow Wand
Flower Glow Wand
Star Glow Wand
Heart Glow Wand
Today is Net Neutrality Day! You've more than likely heard of Net Neutrality before, but in case you haven't:

If you're living in the United States, our lovely government is planning on changing some laws around so your internet provider can charge you more just for accessing sites. I'm gonna assume a few of the bigger sites won't be affected, but most of the internet will be. It basically means goodbye internet unless you fork over more money to your provider, kind of like what those ransom-ware hackers were doing awhile back.

Are you planning on doing anything today to protest against this? Are you worried about this, or do you think everything will end up peachy in the end? What is your overall view on this, and do you see this as something important that will affect your daily life, a minor inconvenience, or nothing that really bothers you at all?

For those of you who don't live in the U.S., what do you think of this happening? Even though you won't be affected as much as those living here, do you think it could potentially damage or change the internet for you and other foreigners?

I know there was a thread on this awhile back, but I thought I'd make a new one today to help spread awareness on this topic, and to see if anybody is doing anything in protest of it today.

Imgur has a really helpful infographic to explain net neutrality but it has lots of swearing. I probably can't post it unless I add stickers.

I don't like it and I do use one of those internet providers that want to ruin net neutrality. Might have to look into another provider. I didn't understand it until I saw the infographic, and it's just wrong.

I don't want it to have a drastic affect on me but it could. Without internet, it puts me out of a job. I need to network, keep myself updated on the industry, and I can't have restrictions on my internet because big companies want extra green in their pockets. It's gross.

I signed this petition, and it's the most I can do.

https://www.battleforthenet.com/

Last edited:
Imgur has a really helpful infographic to explain net neutrality but it has lots of swearing. I probably can't post it unless I add stickers.

I don't like it and I do use one of those internet providers that want to ruin net neutrality. Might have to look into another provider. I didn't understand it until I saw the infographic, and it's just wrong.

I don't want it to have a drastic affect on me but it could. Without internet, it puts me out of a job. I need to network, keep myself updated on the industry, and I can't have restrictions on my internet because big companies want extra green in their pockets. It's gross.

I signed this petition, and it's the most I can do.

https://www.battleforthenet.com/

Can you message me the infographic, please, so I can share it on facebook? (to mods, I'm well over 18 and can deal with swearing. lol)

Im outraged at this! All these internet providers are getting more and more greedy we need to stop this!

It's so sad that we still have to protest. I've spread the petition across as many social media as I have, but the fear is totally real that it won't be enough. ISP control would crush the hopes of small businesses and startups, and has some much scarier implications for the future: if they can control internet speeds, who's to say they wouldn't start to control and censor things?

I just hope things stay the way they are. Corporations should think a little more morally sometimes, instead of just financially.

I wish the government would stop trying to control the internet. I don't wanna end up like China or North Korea. :(

I just wanna look at anime tiddies in peace

Best comment on TBT ever.;)

In all seriousness, net neutrality should really be a non-issue-the government and ISPs have business when it comes to what I browse on the Internet. And my parents have had us signed up on Comcast since 2006 (when they took over Time Warner here in Mississippi and some other states in the South I believe too), so yeah, if net neutrality was lost, I'd be screwed.

Back