• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

emoji movie......?

Oh yes, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is one of the most dreadful videogames ever made, according to AVGN. I've seen some compelling evidence.
This video here sums up how terrible the game is, but watch out cause if you don't like swearing you prob won't like this guy lol.

Now the real question is, would you rather watch The Emoji Movie, Watch Ishtar, play Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on the NES, or jump off a 500ft. cliff?

wow boi thats some compelling evidence right there

- - - Post Merge - - -

But as I was reading more about the emoji movie, I saw some disturbing things about it. One was a Twitter post on The Handmaid's Tale, but with a female emoji from the movie. Another was that they referenced Donald Trump in a trailer or something as the devil emoji. And I read that feminism was referenced in the movie. Looks like I'm definitely not watching.

1. Not sure what you have against The Handmaid's Tail.
2. Did not find anything about Donald Trump being portrayed as anything evil in any of the official trailers, but Trump is portrayed as the Russian Flag in a spoof trailer aired on 'The Late Show with Stephen Colbert'.
3. The film is meant to have progressive themes. Not sure if you mean feminism as 'women are superior to men' or 'women are equal to men', but equality is a good thing last time I checked. I don't think they'd allow radical feminism in a kids movie.

Not defending the film, because it looks like ****, but yeah. That.

just wanted to put some of my favorite reviews of the emoji movie here

_NpmeZYhSDG445P3cKPrIA.png

Pi0nYk8zT5yO5g7I7xe8xw.png

I've seen a postive review...
It was by Jacksfilms whos been ironically s***posting about it

He got invited to the world premiere and got given Fidget Spinners

1. Not sure what you have against The Handmaid's Tail.
2. Did not find anything about Donald Trump being portrayed as anything evil in any of the official trailers, but Trump is portrayed as the Russian Flag in a spoof trailer aired on 'The Late Show with Stephen Colbert'.
3. The film is meant to have progressive themes. Not sure if you mean feminism as 'women are superior to men' or 'women are equal to men', but equality is a good thing last time I checked. I don't think they'd allow radical feminism in a kids movie.

Not defending the film, because it looks like ****, but yeah. That.

1. I have nothing against The Handmaid's Tale. I just don't like the emoji version of it.
2. Thanks for clarification on that.
3. I'm actually very anti-progressive in general. I don't have a problem with diversity and equality, but I wouldn't celebrate it or demand it. But I am tired of seeing more and more movies with the same kind of lessons previous movies or schools taught. Yeah, I wouldn't want to go back on the racial issues, gender equality issues, or LGBT issues, but we don't need to force people to have diversity. We just need to be tolerant of it.

Wow! That bad huh.

But as I was reading more about the emoji movie, I saw some disturbing things about it. One was a Twitter post on The Handmaid's Tale, but with a female emoji from the movie. Another was that they referenced Donald Trump in a trailer or something as the devil emoji. And I read that feminism was referenced in the movie. Looks like I'm definitely not watching.

it's to brainwash children. they do it subconsciously and you aren't even aware of it because your subconscious is picking up everything your conscious mind can hear. they do the same thing with music and tv shows on stations like cartoon network and nickelodeon. fo example: teen titans is the worst of them all and should be something on adult swim IMO (because I am 20 and have been watching TTG since I was 16)

- - - Post Merge - - -

like is the age demographic watching this garbage going to be adults who know the severity of these topics, now that were in the digital age? nope they're going to think its a big joke.

Maybe it won't win worst picture this year in the Razzies because of how "The Mummy" and "Transformers: The Last Knight" would create competition, but I do wish it wins one Golden Raspberry award. The last few years had a few animated films that are so stupid (such as Foodfight and The Nut Job), but they haven't dipped so deep as the Razzies typically ignores animated films. This time, the animation branch really hit the low point.

Maybe it won't win worst picture this year in the Razzies because of how "The Mummy" and "Transformers: The Last Knight" would create competition, but I do wish it wins one Golden Raspberry award. The last few years had a few animated films that are so stupid (such as Foodfight and The Nut Job), but they haven't dipped so deep as the Razzies typically ignores animated films. This time, the animation branch really hit the low point.

Yes yes it did.

It really sucks they actually have to even spend brain wash money on something like this. I mean I haven't really watched much of those franchise films as an adult (and I can't remember much animation as a kid either that were full movies) but this deserves all the rotten fruit it can get yes.

I mean I haven't watched Wreck-It Ralph or Pixels or those game movies.. but yeah this and that white-washed GitS movie deserves all the bad.

It honestly makes me want to cry. Why make a movie over emoticons. I can understand maybe kids would like it if they maybe had an iPad or something, but really, WHY make a movie on emojis?? I'm probably really old fashioned but I wouldn't really find it entertaining to watch for like a good hour or two. Give me anything (except horror) kind of movie over the emoji movie any day. It just makes me really sad to see what THIS is what entertainment today in the year 2017 has to offer. :/

It honestly makes me want to cry. Why make a movie over emoticons. I can understand maybe kids would like it if they maybe had an iPad or something, but really, WHY make a movie on emojis?? I'm probably really old fashioned but I wouldn't really find it entertaining to watch for like a good hour or two. Give me anything (except horror) kind of movie over the emoji movie any day. It just makes me really sad to see what THIS is what entertainment today in the year 2017 has to offer. :/

Ikr... but yeah greedy movie and franchise companies needing all the dosh and want to brainwash kids so good. And yeah emojis should stay on virtual keyboards not be a freaking film and merch ugh.

The part I like the best though is that they cancelled the popeye movie to make this crap
I bet the popeye movie would have been better 1000x times smh, but no they just don't listen and release this film

The part I like the best though is that they cancelled the popeye movie to make this crap
I bet the popeye movie would have been better 1000x times smh, but no they just don't listen and release this film

Not necessarily.

Film adapations of really old shows and cartoons (like Rocky and Bullwinkle (and related cartoons like Fractured Fairy Tales and Sherman and Mr. Pea Body), The Smurfs, Astro Boy, and Speed Racer) don't do too well in today's time. Even film adaptations of ongoing TV shows (like Spongebob) do a lot better. Compared to the other animation studios, Sony Animation tends to make the worst movies.

Not necessarily.

Film adapations of really old shows and cartoons (like Rocky and Bullwinkle (and related cartoons like Fractured Fairy Tales and Sherman and Mr. Pea Body), The Smurfs, Astro Boy, and Speed Racer) don't do too well in today's time. Even film adaptations of ongoing TV shows (like Spongebob) do a lot better. Compared to the other animation studios, Sony Animation tends to make the worst movies.

I know Sony makes bad movies anyways, but I'd rather watch a movie from something that actually makes sense rather than emojis

id love the smurfs if it wasnt the new bs they made with that guy from how i met your mother lmaoooo like what is that?!?!?!?

I got news.

I went through Columbia Pictures' filmography to see what they distributed. The not just distributed The Emoji Movie, but they also distributed Ishtar, a movie many consider the worst. What a coincidence!

Don't even remind me of the trash treatment Astro Boy got in the west with some weird shortened and cut manga releases *shudder*

10 outta 10, would watch again. (I hate myself for dragging my friends to see it the day it came out at the first showing in my town. It was complete garbage, and Idk why JailBreak had to embody every stereotype of a 3rd wave feminist.)

Judging by the commercial, here is my personal opinion.

This is basically just like Wreck-it Ralph, A movie I had to constantly watch with my younger half-brother.
Same type of plot: Main character somehow screws up, ends up fixing the problem with a handy-dandy partner or two, Happy ending.
Instead of a villain taking over an arcade game, It ends up being a girl smiley face that obviously wants the phone to continue the way it should be. (I don't even consider her a villain. I understand that having an emotion that's suppose to do its job doesnt, then proceeds to make itself known to the cloud would not make myself a very happy emoji)
They make her seem like she's the terrible and ruthless villain, but she's just doing her job! Hell, there's a firewall for A REASON!
A "Oh I can't fit in, But I sure can go through a adventure!" Type of film, I swore I watched a couple of films with the exact same plot.
And with T. J. Miller in the spotlight, that's probably the only thing that spices up this movie.
I wouldnt suggest watching this, unless you have time to kill and can't decide on what to watch.

Back