• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

emoji movie......?

I'm more annoyed by the people complaining about how dumb the movie looks than the actual advertisements.

It's not the looks judging by the ads. It's the idea behind the movie that disgusts me. I'm also bothered by how the film industry is no longer creative. In years past, we seen sequels, prequels, remakes, and reboots plague the industry, as well as trend films like Marvel. And now producers are making movies based on anything rather than comimg up with new ideas. The Emoji movie is an example of this. In my opinion, emojis aren't worth making a movie out of. If you ask me about the Lego Movie or the Angry Birds Movie, they were at least worth making movies out of. But trends, no no no.

I really hope that this movie doesn't brainwash our poor deluded children. We don't need to be revolving our happiness around one of the most overrated things ever created.

Emoji movie is just another nail in the coffin for Sony pictures.

But anyway, the only reason the emoji movie is coming out is because cinema has a formula of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" basically. Why do you think Pixar makes so many sequels? And why does Marvel use their characters that plenty of people are familiar with?

Pixar currently has 18 movies with only 6 of them being sequels (and 4 of those are Toy Story and Cars). They're not exactly a sequel machine.

Marvel has actually used quite a few characters who the general "doesn't read comic books" audience wouldn't have known...Actually, most of them I would argue. Even whilst comic book fans more than likely knew about characters like Doctor Strange and Black Panther, they still weren't exactly highly popular characters until the movies came out, more so being known for appearing during a more popular characters story than any of their own...Something like Guardians of the Galaxy was a niche even among Marvel fans.

Hell, whilst they were still kinda popular before the MCU, I doubt they would have bothered with an Iron Man, Captain America or Thor movie so soon if they hadn't sold off their [at the time] A-list heroes (Spiderman, X-Men, Fantastic Four).

I really hope that this movie doesn't brainwash our poor deluded children. We don't need to be revolving our happiness around one of the most overrated things ever created.

Shrek 2 has already done that already.

Actually, I'm joking about Shrek 2. Even if Shrek was stupid for its time, it's not as bad as animation these days. Just look at the stuff that came out in the 2010's decade. For every quality film like Frozen and Zootopia, there's an okay film like Turbo and a crap film like The Nut Job. We already seen how bad Foodfight, The Smurfs, Smurfs 2, Free Birds, The Nut Job, Planes, and Cars 2 did, and they have not corrupted children like what the internet can. I don't think the Emoji Movie could do so either.

Actually, I'm joking about Shrek 2. Even if Shrek was stupid for its time, it's not as bad as animation these days. Just look at the stuff that came out in the 2010's decade. For every quality film like Frozen and Zootopia, there's an okay film like Turbo and a crap film like The Nut Job. We already seen how bad Foodfight, The Smurfs, Smurfs 2, Free Birds, The Nut Job, Planes, and Cars 2 did, and they have not corrupted children like what the internet can. I don't think the Emoji Movie could do so either.

I just hate when someone asks a kid what their favorite movie is and they say some crap like you mentioned above. I'm afraid that kinds are gonna be like "omg I love that emoji movie!!!" and I'm gonna be like "you poor child RIP"

I just kind of feel the whole "lol the emoji movie looks sooo lame" has been beaten to death. Everybody thought the lego movie was going to be stupid, but it turned out to be a great movie (96% on rotten tomatoes). Let's all just wait for the movie to come out before we start bashing it.

I googled The Nut Job and you'll be pleased to know it's receiving a sequel next month.

I googled The Nut Job and you'll be pleased to know it's receiving a sequel next month.

I already know that. I didn't make any comments about the sequel, but I knew that the first film was dumb. Even by seeing the trailer, it doesn't look like a good movie. At least Free Birds was worth watching.

I'll give the Emoji Movie a chance, but I still don't like the idea behind it.

One of the characters will surely be a poo emoji.

Kids find poo funny, and poo will surely be the most well-developed, loveable character yet with the most tragic backstory.

eh, i never seen the trailer. but it seems like its gonna just be all trend and no depth. its an emoji movie for the sake of emojis and nothing else. but i guess alot of little kids and teenagers would enjoy it. kinda like sing. it gave me sausage party vibes but for kids.

eh, i never seen the trailer. but it seems like its gonna just be all trend and no depth. its an emoji movie for the sake of emojis and nothing else. but i guess alot of little kids and teenagers would enjoy it. kinda like sing. it gave me sausage party vibes but for kids.

Interesting. I have seen Sausage Party, but the Emoji Movie didn't seem comparable to me.

I did think the idea behind Sausage Party seemed childish since it's about grocery products, but the adult themes of the movie is much worse than what you see from South Park. From wherever South Park was at their most offensive or inappropriate moment, Sausage Party was worse. The only exception is how South Park handled celebrities. Still, before I seen a movie that messed up before.

They cancelled the Popeye movie for it, didn't they? That's just stupid.

The emoji movie? Why? Nobody waned it and emojis don't need their on movie. Next will be the app movie or the text message movie.

I think I went a bit too far...

It's a calculated kids movie, easy and popular target, but I know my niece will love it so I don't really care.

They cancelled the Popeye movie for it, didn't they? That's just stupid.

The emoji movie? Why? Nobody waned it and emojis don't need their on movie. Next will be the app movie or the text message movie.

I think I went a bit too far...

Some people predict that they would make a Pokemon Go movie or a Fidget Spinner movie if they keep following this path.

But the emoji movie isn't the only animated film the studio made that would taint their reputation. They also made the Smurfs CGI animated movies, which I disapprove of. Typically, I feel that Sony Animation was the worst animation studio.

Professor Xavier, what happened?
What has happened to you?

but hey 11 more days bb

Last edited:
can someone explain to me why yall hating on the movie? theres a plot and stuff and it looks good from the trailer and i kinda look forward to it...maybe i need a therapy

Back