• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

emoji movie......?

can someone explain to me why yall hating on the movie? theres a plot and stuff and it looks good from the trailer and i kinda look forward to it...maybe i need a therapy

I think it's because the story has such a cliche plot (main character isn't like the rest, does something wrong, and now must go on a journey to fix his mistake?...) Yeah it's so predictable lol / And how do you even make a movie about little phone pictures, it's obviously just to make some good cash off kids and teens being like "I can relate, I use emojis :D" and begging their parents to see it

Idk my 2 cents but obviously not hating on anyone who plans to see it, likes it, etc.

It's literally Wreck it Ralph..

BUT BAD

Bumping this because the movie comes out...in THREE DAYS!

I just can't wait to see how this movie does on Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic, Cinemascore, and IMDB. Two other movies I dread this year (The Mummy 2017 and Transformers: The Last Night) got the ratings they deserved. I know it was stated several times this thread that kids will like it, but I was never a fan of emojis or chatspeak (like lol or lmao) to begin with anyway.

If it fails, we may never see a movie on fidgeting, a Pokemon Go movie, or any movie based on trends.

i am going to see it the day it comes out in theaters
u may think i'm joking but im not ill make this happen

Not surprised if they'd make a fidget spinner movie to be honest, they seem to milk literally everything nowadays -_-

using the gimmick of emojis is so cheap and stupid its just to easily reel people in. the trailer was so uncomfortable and awkward to watch i got absolutely nothing out of it lol

*when emoji commercial appears on TV* AHHHH KILL IT! KILL IT!

Forget the Fidget Spinner movie, there will be a background character using a fidget spinner in the movie.

whats so bad is that despite all the hate its getting and how bad it will be, it's going to be pRETTY successful because "oh emojis kids love emojis"

whats so bad is that despite all the hate its getting and how bad it will be, it's going to be pRETTY successful because "oh emojis kids love emojis"

That's exactly how Minions went. I found it to be the most overrated form of media. I couldn't get into it, yet it made over a billion dollars.

Kids always like some of the stupidest things. Don't be saying that movies of your childhood are any better. The only reason why they're "better" is because we grew up watching them or whatever. Somehow, the level of stupidity the Emoji Movie is from my view is just as bad as The Nut Job, Despicable Me series, the whole Ice Age series, the whole Shrek series, and even stuff like Home on the Range (2004) and The Troll in Central Park (1994). They're great when you're a kid, but not when you're an adult. So the Emoji movie isn't that bad, but I'm only against it because, you know the story as I repeatedly said it in this thread.

I want to say it'll suck, and it looks like it will, but I was surprised by the Lego movie.

i was very pleased that sir patrick stewart is still receiving quality roles in hollywood, such as the poop emoji.

sorta looks like a typical family movie, "plot" wise
it just has a new skin put over it.. which ended up being emojis
i dont really like to hate things or be super negative all the time but i still won't watch it lol

Last edited:

yeah kids love everything trendy and cool, and will beg their parents to go see it, or if they are old enough with their friends or whatever maybe. still doesn't make it a good one.

Back