fecal sewage ♥
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
i just seen a commercial for the... *sigh*

emoji movie???

what're your thoughts on this?
i think emoji are over rated. :(

Probably going to be a poorly written movie with no storyline or theme, something for children under the age of 8.

It's gonna do so bad trust me. I swear Dreamworks is trying to be trendy with the younger generation. :p

Probably going to be a poorly written movie with no storyline or theme, something for children under the age of 8.

Pretty much.. Why even make a movie out of it? Sure I use emojis on my phone but a whole movie just for that.. waste of money.

We were actually talking about it in two different threads. I even made a poll about what uncreative/unoriginal movies we hate most. The most popular option was "Uncreative movies based on everything", and the Emoji Movie is the case in point.

My problem here is that emojis aren't worth making movies out of. Not to mention, but they are overly marketed and taken too seriously. I don't even use emojis (except in topic titles and user titles), and I never use chatspeak (like WTF or OMG).

The plot can be creative or generic. The plot can be good or bad. The animation and character design can be good or bad. But the premise of it is appalling.

I don't need to watch it because I already have.

Can you please enlighten us on what it's like? :p

It looks like the cringiest thing I've ever seen. Pretty up there with Pixels, which I unfortunately saw in cinemas. I don't have anything against emoji's or text speak, I use them all the time. Probably too often. But this just looks terrible ;-;

I can't imagine kids liking the idea either!

I'm sure it'll be an even bigger flop than the 2016 Ghostbusters.

I heard that it didn't do too poorly. If anything, Ghostbusters II did worse, and that was back in the 80's. But if there's any movie this year to compare to Ghostbusters, it would be The Mummy (starring Tom Cruise). The emoji movie would be more comparable to the Angry Birds movie, which didn't do too poorly either.

It's gonna do so bad trust me. I swear Dreamworks is trying to be trendy with the younger generation. :p

Dreamworks isn't making it though, Sony is.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But anyway, the only reason the emoji movie is coming out is because cinema has a formula of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" basically. Why do you think Pixar makes so many sequels? And why does Marvel use their characters that plenty of people are familiar with?

All of it is trying to appeal to the largest audience possible, and that's exactly what the emoji movie exists for. Although, you've gotta give the emoji movie some credit, I mean it is the most "creative" movie of the summer, with it completing with well known franchises like Cars 3 and Spider-Man Homecoming where both have source material and previous sequels.

Can you please enlighten us on what it's like? :p

It looks like the cringiest thing I've ever seen. Pretty up there with Pixels, which I unfortunately saw in cinemas. I don't have anything against emoji's or text speak, I use them all the time. Probably too often. But this just looks terrible ;-;

I can't imagine kids liking the idea either!

Oh well it was nothing special. Just the same old "Protagonist is "different", messes things up, and tries to fix it." trope for kids.
Not the kind I like though. Other movies did it better.

Oh well it was nothing special. Just the same old "Protagonist is "different", messes things up, and tries to fix it." trope for kids.

It's basically a combination of wreck it Ralph and inside out, but their doing a poor job at being like either one.

If the Emoji Movie actually succeeds, that would be a miracle i guess. I mean- I don't have too high expectations from it. I don't have plans to watch it, unlike Inside out and Wreck it Ralph. Those other two movies, when I saw their trailers, got me to watch em in cinemas. I liked them.

The Emoji Movie's success, if it exists, might become a meme, alike Shrek and The Bee Movie, full of sarcastic fans.

the only word i can think of: yikes

i'm definitely not going to see it, it just looks so cringey

I heard that it didn't do too poorly. If anything, Ghostbusters II did worse, and that was back in the 80's. But if there's any movie this year to compare to Ghostbusters, it would be The Mummy (starring Tom Cruise). The emoji movie would be more comparable to the Angry Birds movie, which didn't do too poorly either.

Ghostbusters II was much better than the awful reboot.

I agree that emojis are overrated.

They're good to express outward/necessary/flamboyant emotions in text/messages, but the way that society obsesses over them so much that there is a 10 ft pool raft that looks like a giant smiling pile of crap is absolutely ridiculous.

Although I think it's hilarious that Patrick Stewart plays the poop emoji in the movie xDDDD

- - - Post Merge - - -

It may not have done poorly but that doesn't mean that it wasn't a terrible reboot.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Gotta love movie cliches.

Back