I think it's time to speak about this hourly theme.

Pun of Nentown

That one Lolly fanboy
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
New Leaf Token
Green Candy
Red Candy
Poptart Easter Egg
So, I've been unable to sleep, late at night, when I normally sleep at midnight. So what do I do? Pop on New Leaf, try to tire myself out from thinking too much. Ehh... That doesn't do the trick. And it's midnight, so I can't fall asleep to a good, relaxing song. The song I speak of, is this gem.

Its general mood is quite a stark contrast from the other hourly themes. No bouncy instruments, no New Leaf Theme leitmotif, just pure serenity. Wen I posted this video in another thread, I noticed a few people not realizing the beauty of this theme, until they just heard it. So you know what? In my inability to sleep, I propose a discussion for the 11 PM theme, which I think is a vastly underappreciated theme, between many people being asleep around this hour, as well as people praising the 7 PM theme to the high heavens. What are your thoughts on this theme?

I love this one! It's so relaxing. I am quite the night owl and play late regularly so I hear this one quite a lot and I'd definitely say it's one of my favourites from New Leaf.

One of my favorites.. it's very relaxing. It just struck 11 where I am now, so I'm listening to it currently. X)

I totally agree! I love the 11 pm music. I agree it's a little creepy but it's also very relaxing, which I think that time of the night has vibes of both. It's that alone time, but then it's also kind of weird because everyone is in bed and it's dark... totally appropriate!

My second favorite, so obviously I like it. I do not find it in the least creepy. I find it soothing and interesting without being boring.

11 pm and 1 am are my favorites. 7 pm is also good. I think over all, ACNL is a soundtrack masterpiece and I think it rivals the Halo games in setting mood though music.

Oh goodness, I love 11PM! It's very eerie, true, but lonely and beautiful too. It defines to hour for me. I hear it very often due to how I usually get off work at this time on the weekends, and after a long day of work, it's soothing! <3

I like hearing that song after returning for the island, which sets a very atmospheric mood for me.
Only if I can stay up past that rip

11Pm is really relaxing. New leaf has some good songs but I remember missing the gamecube soundtrack when I first played this

i honestly love this theme. its calm and relaxing, and doesnt give me a headache like some of the others

Yeah, the nighttime music is one of the reasons why I really enjoy playing during those times (even though everything is closed by then rip)

I love this theme too! The island theme at night with the waves in the background has also helped me fall asleep in the past! It's super relaxing.

My favorite hourly theme though is the 7am music :)
It reminds me of when I first got the game and use to go on in the morning before school

This is one of my favorite hourly songs. I mostly like the night time songs in general though. I'll most likely put my second town's dream town set at 11:00pm just for how beautiful the song sounds. ^^

I love the 11pm theme since it's so relaxing, but I think I like the 12am one better; it's kinda weird compared to the other themes but I think that kinda makes sense since midnight is supposed to be a sort of ~*magical*~ time in stories so all the mystical piano bits and drums sort of make sense.

Back