• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you completed your encyclopedias?

What collections have you completed?

• Total voters
I've never completed any of them before... guess I never really tried. I'm not having much luck getting the rares to spawn... I'm looking for a gar at the moment, it's being a pain. As for the tarantula... let's just say after forty minutes of cautious walking around I lose my nerve and give up. I keep thinking there has to be an easier way, but if there is, I haven't found it...

i've completed all 3 in clarity.

cloudluv and wintry are still a work in progress, tho

I've never completed any of them before... guess I never really tried. I'm not having much luck getting the rares to spawn... I'm looking for a gar at the moment, it's being a pain. As for the tarantula... let's just say after forty minutes of cautious walking around I lose my nerve and give up. I keep thinking there has to be an easier way, but if there is, I haven't found it...

What I did was patrol the town walking without a net. If no tarantula, save and continue. Repeat until you see one. Take out your net and slowly creep up with the circle pad

In all the years I play NL, I have never managed to complete any of the collections. I tried it a few
times, however, I always failed. After all, I don't care if I don't have all fishes, bugs etc. together.
Maybe one day I try it again to complete at least one collection.

None. That's probably the last thing I'm going to complete or not at all. I'm too lazy to go fishing and most of the time, I don't catch bugs even they're already in front of me haha

In all the years I play NL, I have never managed to complete any of the collections. I tried it a few
times, however, I always failed. After all, I don't care if I don't have all fishes, bugs etc. together.
Maybe one day I try it again to complete at least one collection.

It's my first time completing one after years of playing so you're not alone :) It just seemed so intimidating to me. What I did was every month I'd look up what bugs/fish I can catch that month and grind to get them to get it over with

I haven't completed any.
I've had my town for 4 months (since March 2017).

I have caught 56 out of 72 bugs (77%), 26 out of 30 fish (86%) and 59 out of 72 fish (81%).
I'm working on catching the July bugs and fish. I have 8 bugs and 2 fish left to catch in July.

I did complete my fossil exhibit at the museum this week.

I've completed all three of them but I've had the game since right after it released, so about 4 years. I didn't really care about finishing it until my house was fully expanded and I didn't have quite as much to do, so I gradually worked on it for a while (though I hated doing the diving one so that took longer).

I have caught 56 out of 72 bugs (77%), 26 out of 30 fish (86%) and 59 out of 72 fish (81%).
I'm working on catching the July bugs and fish. I have 8 bugs and 2 fish left to catch in July.

I just have the horseshoe crab to get for critters and I have a handful of fish I need still. Most likely the last fish I'll get is either salmon or king salmon in September

Recently I've completed the deep-sea creature encyclopedia! I'm working towards my bug one but I'm also busier than I have been in past months so no time for building my 'pedia. Mostly I've been using the PWP cheat so that way it would speed up the process of villagers requesting PWPs

I have never completed any collection before in AC. I'm almost done with my bug collection in my first town though.

Recently I've completed the deep-sea creature encyclopedia! I'm working towards my bug one but I'm also busier than I have been in past months so no time for building my 'pedia. Mostly I've been using the PWP cheat so that way it would speed up the process of villagers requesting PWPs

I honestly consider the diving trick more of an exploit. It's a mechanic within the game and you don't use an outside source to do it

Back