• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

help with paths and whatnot!!!

taudjey

taj ☆ he/him
Peach 🍑
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
3682-2333-7423
Tasty Cake
HI OKAY SO

i just started my town yesterday and i need some people (preferably people with perfect towns, or people who have done things like this) to come to my town and:

-tell me what you think of my map! i may reset again to get the perfect map if this one is iffy, i've just never done something like this before.
-help with placements! like tile placement, plot resetting, etc!
-give advice!
like i said, i have never done something like this before and i'm making it my goal to get a perfect town and everything like that!!!

thanks, if you just read, or can help!

(tell me if i need to move this thread)

Last edited:
mmmm a perfect town in your standards will mostly be based on you and your selection of maps so MAKE SURE its one you really like
usually when i find one i really like, i take a few minutes to look at it before i actually select it with questions like
"Where am i going to put the roost, police station, etc?"

also think about what kind of town you're going for
such as, are you going to plot reset a lot for your villagers and put them in specific places (the welcome amiibo update made it SUPER easy)
if so, also consider what areas you want to place the houses.. will they be in straight lines? horizontal or vertical lines? bunched up? or you're willing to work around it (which i dont recommend if you want to have nice paths)

since you asked for help plot resetting, they made it so villagers will NEVER PLOT THEIR HOUSE ON PATHS / CUSTOM DESIGNS
so what people tend to do is place a design every 2 spaces (since villager houses are 3x3)

i'm still curious what your map looks like too to help you out o:

What plans do you have for your town exactly if any?

i just plan to make it nice overall, and anything to do that!

- - - Post Merge - - -

mmmm a perfect town in your standards will mostly be based on you and your selection of maps so MAKE SURE its one you really like
usually when i find one i really like, i take a few minutes to look at it before i actually select it with questions like
"Where am i going to put the roost, police station, etc?"

also think about what kind of town you're going for
such as, are you going to plot reset a lot for your villagers and put them in specific places (the welcome amiibo update made it SUPER easy)
if so, also consider what areas you want to place the houses.. will they be in straight lines? horizontal or vertical lines? bunched up? or you're willing to work around it (which i dont recommend if you want to have nice paths)

since you asked for help plot resetting, they made it so villagers will NEVER PLOT THEIR HOUSE ON PATHS / CUSTOM DESIGNS
so what people tend to do is place a design every 2 spaces (since villager houses are 3x3)

i'm still curious what your map looks like too to help you out o:

tH ANK YOU FOR THIS

also here's my map, and my villagers!! i wanna do a lot of hybrids and flowers, and there are some good places for that and for trees, and I'm just waiting to be able to add a second bridge because jesus christ its so annoying to walk all the way around.
Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 12.49.35 AM.jpg

i just plan to make it nice overall, and anything to do that!

- - - Post Merge - - -

tH ANK YOU FOR THIS

also here's my map, and my villagers!! i wanna do a lot of hybrids and flowers, and there are some good places for that and for trees, and I'm just waiting to be able to add a second bridge because jesus christ its so annoying to walk all the way around.
View attachment 203389

your town layout is actually pretty similar to mines!
i'd recommend placing some houses in the horizontal straight line near the river and above your house if you want to plot reset!
also that waaaay top left area above the river is a nice spot for a campsite / picnic basket area.... if you're interested :p

good luck with your town btw!

your town layout is actually pretty similar to mines!
i'd recommend placing some houses in the horizontal straight line near the river and above your house if you want to plot reset!
also that waaaay top left area above the river is a nice spot for a campsite / picnic basket area.... if you're interested :p

good luck with your town btw!

thank you!!!

Back