Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
How would you feel if Nintendo announced the next Animal Crossing game for the New Nintendo 3Ds? I know the next game will most likely come out on the Switch, but just pretend for a sec. I just read that some new 3Ds games are going to be for the new 3Ds only, so this came to mind.

I wouldn't mind. I don't have a Switch or a new 3Ds, but at least if I bought a new 3Ds I could play my old games and the new ones on there. I would only get a Switch for Animal Crossing, and I feel like that would be a ton of money to only be able to play one game. I also like handheld 3Ds better, even if the switch has handheld abilities.

i'd like that honestly, since i prefer handheld consoles

I'd be so happy because honestly I'd probably not buy a Switch. The selection of games isn't there for be and I'm unlikely to spend a ton of money just for Animal Crossing.

Great. An expanded New Leaf for the 3DSXL would thrill me no end. The Switch, as far as I have seen, is just gadgetry for gadgets sake.Just another cash-grab by Nintendo by peddling add-ons at ludicrous prices.

Last edited:
I really prefer Animal Crossing on handheld consoles. It just feels perfect for them. I really hated City Folk for being on the wii and as much as I wanted to get into it I couldn't.

not gonna get anymore animal crossings - reached the age of complacency. i'm done.

Hmmm maybe, but I don't have the newest 3ds I just have an XL. But I like the feeling of a new town so maybe.

I'd love that if it happened. I only play video games on my Nintendo DS anyways. Plus I don't see myself buying a Nintendo switch anytime soon (I usually wait a few years for the price to drop a bit).

Yeah I'd rather have one for the new 3ds than the switch. I don't want to purchase the switch but I do want animal crossing. I'd still have to buy a new 3ds but I'd rather do that than buy a switch.

I wouldn't mind too much. I would have to buy a new 3ds, which Is something I don't want to do, but I love ac so much that I'll buy either the switch or 3ds, depending on which console it comes out on.

I usually only play my switch in handheld mode. I would be kind of disappointed. The 3ds is limited to it's capabilites in comparison to the switch. The game wouldn't be able to be as large as I'd hope.

I'd be happy because I have no desire to cater to Nintendo and spend 300+ dollars on a Switch. Ridiculous.

I love how like everyone here would be happy bc they wouldnt have to buy a switch.

I'm with them. Id rather buy a new 3ds myself than a switch.

eh, with my 3ds i just really don't have a need for the new one, you know? the switch on the other hand, even though it's super expensive at least animal crossing wouldn't be the only title on it for me. once i manage to scrounge up enough money i'd like to buy it anyway for breath of the wild, splatoon 2, etc. i just have no need for another 3ds.

i also want to see another animal crossing on the tv screen, but the good thing about one for the switch is that it could also be portable if i don't feel like setting up the tv and sitting down for a long session.

I'd wonder what Nintendo would be even thinking, allowing this to happen.

No really... I have a theory about Animal Crossing, and why there was so many spinoffs being marketed towards it, and less so for a new main series game: It actually takes potential profits away from other titles. How so? The game is filled with so many activities to do each day that it removes the sense from the major player base to really need to have a lot more games to entertain themselves.

In terms of the switch, it looks like they're trying to transition out of the 3DS cycle - albeit in a cautious manner. The switch is selling incredibly well enough, but the main thing they need left is to keep up the momentum by releasing more and more first party games. But then, they instead put the latest main Animal Crossing game on the older platform...

...And one major part of the Nintendo fanbase will never transition until the switch title, 4+ years later - should the switch ever succeed.

In other words, it would be a very dumb move, and even threaten the very existence of their next console.

I'd be disappointed because I'm sure it would be just like New Leaf with minor changes and would probably get stale real fast. It's just like having an update on a welcome amiibo update. I'd still probably look forward to it but the excitement wouldn't be as much. It's easy to say "I rather have it on a new 3DS XL" if you don't have a Switch but for sure that perspective will change once you own one. Same could be said with every new console/handheld.

Last edited:
Back