• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

question about selling/trading/giving away villagers

cloudmask

lesbian wolf island
Bells
hey guys, so i'm really sorry if this has been answered somewhere or if this is the wrong place to ask this, but i cannot find the answer anywhere and i'm having a hard time figuring out how to navigate this site.

what is the protocol for selling, trading, or giving away a villager that you currently have in your town but has not announced to you that they are moving? for example, i want to trade away cheri, deli, and iggly, but none of them seem to be interested in leaving anytime soon. how does this work? if i put up a thread advertising them for trade and someone offers what i want in return, but my villager still wont move out, do the other user and i just hold our respective ends of the trade until my villager decides to leave? or am i not allowed to advertise villagers for trade that i cannot guarantee will want to move anytime soon?

i'm sorry if this question is confusing; i'm not really sure how to word it.

Well, selling/trading/auction/giveaway threads are usually pretty casual. You, as the host, tell the circumstances of the transaction, and that's really it.

I would personally avoid people who weren't prepared to go ahead right away, but I'm sure there are people patient enough to agree to that.

I think the only real rule regarding that is you can't cancel it. So, if you say you're going to do it, you'd better do it.

so as long as i'm upfront about the fact that the villagers haven't announced that they're moving yet (though i have 10 currently so one of them has to decide to leave eventually), then it's fine?

thank you for your response ^.^

Back