Some Advice, Please!

njude

Flower Fanatic
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Yellow Cosmos
Hi everyone! I'm working my way through expanding my house and as of right now it's super empty! I have the main floor completely expanded, and the upstairs and basement 2/3 of the way expanded. The main room I want to be an elegant/classic themed room with a fireplace and jazzy music but I am stumped on what to do with the others! The upstairs currently houses the ice series and the basement is empty. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do for the other rooms? In WW I always had a kitchen, office, bedroom, and living room but for this one I'm not so sure what to do. Help would be appreciated! :)

EDIT:

My town doesn't have a theme, it's just a nice and neat version of the town you start out with. There are stone paths throughout to preserve the grass, and all of the pwps are sort of town-y things (no zen bell, stone tablet, etc.). I want my house to reflect a typical townhouse, with an overall "classy" look but not overdone (no rococo). If you could recommend items and furniature that would be good too!!

Last edited:
Possibly for the downstairs you could do a games room or a cinema room where your mayor can relax after a busy day in the town~

That's awesome! That means you have tons of flexibility. My town is supposed to be suburbia so my mayor's house will reflect that: main room is modern living room/parlor, left is outdated kitchen, back is semi-creepy old library/office, right is sunroom filled with plants, basement is gaming/rec room, upstairs is bedroom.

It doesn't really sound like you're going for that necessarily though. I've seen people make their houses in cafes, hotels, zen monasteries, haunted houses, abandoned hospitals, etc. I saw this one pic of a guy who made his basement a beach. I think a lot of people go for what fits their town theme so if you have a specific theme in mind when you're building your town, you could apply that same theme to your house. Or not and do something totally random.

Possibly for the downstairs you could do a games room or a cinema room where your mayor can relax after a busy day in the town~

Ooooh I really like the game room idea! I've never done that before, but I did just get the Wii U from a fortune cookie so that could be my first piece.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's awesome! That means you have tons of flexibility. My town is supposed to be suburbia so my mayor's house will reflect that: main room is modern living room/parlor, left is outdated kitchen, back is semi-creepy old library/office, right is sunroom filled with plants, basement is gaming/rec room, upstairs is bedroom.

It doesn't really sound like you're going for that necessarily though. I've seen people make their houses in cafes, hotels, zen monasteries, haunted houses, abandoned hospitals, etc. I saw this one pic of a guy who made his basement a beach. I think a lot of people go for what fits their town theme so if you have a specific theme in mind when you're building your town, you could apply that same theme to your house. Or not and do something totally random.

My town doesn't really have a "theme," it's more just a cleaned up version of the forest-y town that you start with. I don't want my house to be completely random though, so maybe I should start thinking of something I can base the rooms off of.

Back