• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

being nitpicky & struggling to choose between furnishing choices

tifachu

。*・゜☆・ ゜✧・。 • ・
Bells
Switch
8395-2476-4795
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Love Ball
Zen Easter Egg
Kirby Easter Egg
Zen Easter Egg
anyone else like this?
once i have options i can't make up my mind. it takes me forever to decorate a room bc of this. i shouldnt be allowed to have options

that being said please help me!!!!! i can't choose between these items which bring about very minor changes to both of these newly redecorated rooms!

nitpick0_by_tifachu-dbfw9lu.png

as for my north room, i like the pink wood floor bc it will keep the overall image pastel-y and pink & will go w my aesthetic if i ever wanna share screenshots of it publicly, plus it makes the room feel almost like a sunroom/back porch and it makes the green furni pop out. but i also like the grassy floors bc it feels like a backyard & the green furni blends in well and well i've always had my north room be a backyard & i'm used to it.

as for the basement, (ignore the clutter in the back of the kotatsu screenshots) i really dont know.... it's supposed to be a sort of den x study room. the kotatsu looks so cozy but it's not part of the regal set like the table & chair is

I like the grassy room for the north room. It's more comfy and happier to me. Like I would want to lay on the floor and fall asleep. Basement.. this one is weird because I like the kotatsu, because it evens out the brown and is more 'fuller' BUT, it doesn't flow well with all the other pieces. Kotatsu is more on the traditional/minimal side, and a lot of your furniture pieces are modern. I just feel like it sorta clashes.

The table flows better except I find the left side to be very stagnant since it's relatively all the same set. I'd almost ask if the low pastel table would do anything.

I am leaning more on the kotatsu version though.

As the person had explained before me, I feel the same way. While I do love grassy interiors, and it makes it look more natural, for some reason, the pink wood floor feels better for something with walls everywhere. Which is something I never truly liked about houses, for that artificial, fake nature life feel.

At the bottom, although the Kotatsu would be a killer piece when it's pink, it doesn't flow at all. It clashes so hard. It looks like, you went for a lolita that wanted like, a little bit of asian, and I feel lolita is super towards victorian influences.

Not saying it can't pull it off, but, with the better set up, would it look better.

Although the left does look better with the normal piece, it looks too bland. You could try popping out some interesting pieces that you never thought of different variations or color.

I think the grassy floor fits in more with everything else in the room. But then the pink wood floor makes everything stand out a bit more. The pink wood floor also seems to darken the room a bit. I think overall the grassy floor looks better, but gosh it's hard to choose they both look amazing ;-;

As for the basement, I disagree with Noir. I actually really love the kotatsu. It's a furniture piece that not many people make use of, and it looks super cute with the rest of the room. Sure it's not part of the regal set, but it doesn't have to be! I love it when people mix and match sets, but still make it look amazing. I think the kotatsu is more creative and reduces the clutter c:

I think the pink floor goes nicely with the first room, and the smaller table looks better than the kotatsu simply because the kotatsu just kinda juts out of the wall while the table blends in more with the rest of the furniture and the given space.

for the first room, i like the grassy floor a bit better. the pink floor looks really good, but the grassy floor is more appealing to me.

for the second room, i like the table more, as the kotasu just looks out of place to me

Grassy floor and table as well.
The wood floor doesn't match the green objects at all, it looks completely out of place and the table makes the room flow so much better. It looks cluttered with the kotatsu.

Hmm...this is tough! For the north room, I love how the pink floor looks with the green items, and they really pop. It makes the room more unique than the meadow floor does. But the meadow floor looks so soft and inviting, and of course it matches as well. I guess it depends on whether you want your north room to feel like a room in your house (pink floor!) or a fancy backyard (meadow floor!).

For the basement, I vote for the kotatsu! It breaks up the repetition of having all regal series pieces, and the brown top does balance the brown of the teddy and the fireplace mantel. It makes the room look more cozy and unique, IMO. :)

I'm going to vote for the pink floor in the north room as I feel like the flowers on the grassy floor make the room feel visually overwhelming (too much happening). I like the table in the other room as it seems more neat to me. The kotatsu is more simplistic, however, and looks nice as well :)

grassy floor for the north room. somehow the grassy floor makes the room look bigger? at least in my opinion. and for the basement, i like the table. i think either is fine to be honest though. the table just makes the room flow better i guess?? :)

wood: 3
grass: 12

table: 9
kotatsu: 6

so i guess i'll be going with the table and the grass! tho i'm just gonna be using the pink wood floor if i ever wanna post a pic to instagram or something hahaha. im a prisoner of my own pink theme

I prefer the pink wood floor because I think that the grassy floor is too bright, but both would work fine. I definitely like the table better though. The kotatsu doesn't really fit well with the room it's in.

Definitely the grassy floor and kotatsu!
The grassy floor is so cozy, and the kotatsu really ties your room together (matches the brown in the bear on the other side of the room)

I agree with the others who say the furniture pops more against the pink floor than the grassy one, but both look fun and inviting. The same goes with your basement. I'm currently collecting regal pieces for my upstairs bedroom (doing them in blue, though :D), but I like having something different mixed in. It makes it look more realistic and lived in, rather than a showroom, if you know what I mean?

Personally, in each room, I'd pick one choice for now, but keep the other in your closet/storage. It doesn't take a lot of room, and swapping it out will give you a whole new feel for no extra bell layout.

If only decorating my real house were that easy!

Back