• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

plot resetting = suffering tbh

5cm/s

houseplant enthusiast
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
White Lily
Ruby
White Tulip
hi! it's only been 3 days since i spent all day plot resetting fang to a nice place, and here i am again, plot resetting once more :cool:

i invited punchy to move in yesterday from an amiibo card, and today he keeps plotting on the same place my old villager was situated. i know that amiibo villagers tend to favor the spot where the previous villager just vacated, but it's been 46 resets, and every! single! time! punchy's plot is in the same place. i know i didn't save accidentally? so he should be able to move??

i left four open spots for him to plot, and i made sure they are all valid (they have the buffer zone and everything, and i checked that i didn't try to put 4 buildings per acre), but he just isn't choosing them? i'm not terribly picky with where he plots, but the spot he insists on choosing right now is rIGHT in front of me, and hehe no

what do you guys think? will he ever move to another place? bc i'm so conflicted about if i should keep going or not :')

yikes on trikes i'm just here rambling because i'm lowkey tired of seeing rover's face and spamming A while holding down B :lemon:

Lol it must be Punchy, because when I moved him in he moved directly behind my Town Hall, and my Town Hall has like just enough space for someone to fit there. I didn't want him there either, he just really liked that spot apparently.

I think he will eventually get there, I had the same problem moving in Bianca. They seem to love moving into previous villagers houses. I've had that problem every single time I've moved an amiibo villager in. I'd say just keep trying until your satisfied, there's nothing worse than being unsatisfied with your layout when it could've been fixed! And if you do get too tired to try fora while, you can always come back to it as long as you don't load up your mayor's file on that day.

So keep going and you'll get there :blush:

I'd say give up at 70 resets lol.

hehe i was thinking that too- but also i want to make sure i'm not UNhappy with his plot, so hopefully he moves soon :')

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lol it must be Punchy, because when I moved him in he moved directly behind my Town Hall, and my Town Hall has like just enough space for someone to fit there. I didn't want him there either, he just really liked that spot apparently.

I think he will eventually get there, I had the same problem moving in Bianca. They seem to love moving into previous villagers houses. I've had that problem every single time I've moved an amiibo villager in. I'd say just keep trying until your satisfied, there's nothing worse than being unsatisfied with your layout when it could've been fixed! And if you do get too tired to try fora while, you can always come back to it as long as you don't load up your mayor's file on that day.

So keep going and you'll get there :blush:

i'm glad someone has shared my experience hehe
thanks for your input- it does make me feel better loads :)
i'll definitely keep trying!

I remember I reset 81 times to get Marshal in my old town and got all but one other possible smug in the process... So frustrating.

And then in my current town I got him via amiibo card, and he absolutely refused to move in anywhere except O'Hare's old spot, sometimes shifted one or two spaces, which is annoyingly close to the train station, despite me leaving the entire other half of town open. He picked a different place once, but it ended up being in the corner of town in an even worse spot, so I reset again and he went back to the train station. I finally caved in after around 30 or 40 resets because I figured he wasn't going to budge, but I still hate his spot (honestly I hate the spot of like every villager in my town though). He's a stubborn little squirrel.

So I think Punchy will pick a different spot eventually for you like Marshal did for me; hopefully you have better luck with it than I did, though. :p

Last edited:
I remember I reset 81 times to get Marshal in my old town and got all but one other possible smug in the process... So frustrating.

And then in my current town I got him via amiibo card, and he absolutely refused to move in anywhere except O'Hare's old spot, sometimes shifted one or two spaces, which is annoyingly close to the train station, despite me leaving the entire other half of town open. He picked a different place once, but it ended up being in the corner of town in an even worse spot, so I reset again and he went back to the train station. I finally caved in after around 30 or 40 resets because I figured he wasn't going to budge, but I still hate his spot (honestly I hate the spot of like every villager in my town though). He's a stubborn little squirrel.

So I think Punchy will pick a different spot eventually for you like Marshal did for me; hopefully you have better luck with it than I did, though. :p

thank you for the luck and ahhhhhh sorry about the marshal debacle! i would have been devastated :')

Now you guys can use patterns to guide them into the place you would like them to go. I hate how stubborn amiibo villagers are.

literally plot resetting is so frustrating oml, like i hate doing it so much lmao

I stopped counting after a while but I spent 3 days plot resetting Diana's house before the Welcome Amiibo update and at the end of it I just gave up lol.

Now you guys can use patterns to guide them into the place you would like them to go. I hate how stubborn amiibo villagers are.

yessss i've patterned over my entire town, and i left an open spot where i wanted him to move. he ended up with two options- either the spot i left for him or the vacated spot- and he chose the vacated spot every single time. when i got impatient, i time traveled backwards and opened up 3 more potential spots for him, that aren't as nice as the one i wanted but whatcha gonna do), and finally finally...

he just plotted in a spot i'm okay with!!

#blessed

Hey :)
Punchy is just a jerk honestly when I was plot resetting him I messed up he moved in the only other spot I didn't cover in some trees uhhhhg.
Keep trying.

I had the same problem with Rosie! I moved her in via Amiibo so I could boot out Peanut, who had moved in above my river. All of my villagers (save for Molly and Bruce, who I can't bare to part with!) live below my river. It's my villager hot spot, haha. Above my river has paths, trees, flowers, PWPs, etc. I thought I had covered all my bases, then Peanut moved in. I moved Rosie in and she literally went in Peanuts spot every time, except for once. But her other house choice was ridiculously close to a pond and retail?? I didn't think she'd be allowed to plot there! And I couldn't put down paths since I was plot resetting. So I've let her put her home where peanut was, and just tried to work around it. Sighs I hope Nintendo fixes this in the next game!

I had the same problem with Rosie! I moved her in via Amiibo so I could boot out Peanut, who had moved in above my river. All of my villagers (save for Molly and Bruce, who I can't bare to part with!) live below my river. It's my villager hot spot, haha. Above my river has paths, trees, flowers, PWPs, etc. I thought I had covered all my bases, then Peanut moved in. I moved Rosie in and she literally went in Peanuts spot every time, except for once. But her other house choice was ridiculously close to a pond and retail?? I didn't think she'd be allowed to plot there! And I couldn't put down paths since I was plot resetting. So I've let her put her home where peanut was, and just tried to work around it. Sighs I hope Nintendo fixes this in the next game!

i agree! for a game that bases itself around design and aesthetics, they make it awfully hard to make your town the way you want it to be. ohh welllll :blush:

Back