• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon I found my old Pokemon Y game! I forgot I had this!

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I was cleaning out a junk drawer and found the cartridge. Guess I have another game to play. I know a lot of people think the X/Y was the worst game in the series, but I don't (My opinion is Black and White is the worst one, in both the game and the anime). X/Y is actually my 3rd favorite Pokemon game after Pokemon Yellow and Sun and Moon. I'm so happy I found this.

This post is irrelevant cause you think Black and White is the worst game.

giphy.gif

Oh I get it, I'm not allowed to say B/W is the worst game. Fine, I'll follow the sheep and say that X/Y is the worst game even if I don't really believe it.

I couldn't get into B/W because the Pokemon, environment and graphics were all ugly and depressing PLUS playing on 3ds made everything that much uglier. Also found it frustrating to explore. So I agree worst games ever but I liked the story and the sequels were amazing. Too bad they killed Nintendo wi-fi so soon after.

X/Y oozed charm and quality and the Pokemon designs were the best since gen 2, in my opinion. Forgetable story and was too easy but that seems to be a standard nowadays. Shame we never got Pokemon Z :/

Oh and congrats on finding your cartridge lol

Yeah I do agree X/Y was too easy. But by then, most people who played the previous Pokemon games and know the modus operandi of these games and likely pretty experienced when it came to Pokemon games and by then knew strategies and ways to easily beat it. The game was probably not as easy as the players were probably just too experienced. These Pokemon games are pretty much the same anyways, except S/M: beat 8 gym leaders and the elite four while getting caught up in some kind of evil scheme concocted by the game's bad guys and taking down said guys, and catching every Pokemon in the Pokedex.

I like X/Y because it started the trend of character customization, you weren't stuck looking at the same character outfit and hairstyle throughout the entire game.

And thank you.

Last edited:
Yes, I like XY because you got to change your character's outfit whenever you wanted. I just didn't like that you couldn't buy guy clothes from the shops if you played as a girl. Those fancy suits in the expensive shop looked cool. BW was okay, but I thought a lot of the Pok?mon were weird.

Back