• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

do i need amibo cards for this game??

glacies

summer mayor
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
hi hi!

i'm hopefully ordering happy home designer today since i absolutely love acnl and i just got paid.

however, i was wondering do i need to buy amibo cards to play? it's ok if i do because i can ask for them but it'll be a tad annoying if i do.

thank you ^-^

Last edited:
yeah, they look pretty cool tbh.

i want to buy them at christmas with the album c:

anyway, thank you for answering my question!

I bought HHD before I got amiibos and you definitely don't need them to play! But it is cool to scan them in when you want to design their homes.

You do not need them to play. You can get every villager in the game through the game, not the cards. The cards only help you get the villagers you want faster. However, you cannot decorate NPCs houses (Sabel, Tom Nook, etc) without the cards. But regular villagers, you can without the cards.

this game has been out for 2 years im sure u could have just googled this

You definitely do not need them! How the game works is that every day you go outside the shop and there are usually three or so villagers wandering around. You can design the house for one of these three villagers, each of whom will have a prompt (ie: I've always dreamed of living on a ranch...) however! If none of the prompts/villagers appear to you you can just go back to the office and call it a day.

With amiibo cards if none of the villagers appeal to you you can then scan a villager and design their house! Regardless of whether you have the cards or not you will get to design a house for every villager, though. :)

Back