• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How long did it take you guys to get all your PWPs?

yungreal

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I'm just getting frustrated because it's been like 4 (in game) months and my villagers have only requested 5 or so new projects. I know about the diving trick but I get discouraged because it seems like they never suggest anything, and just want to ask me what lighting I like to sleep in (which is creepy now that I type that out... thanks Barold). I feel like I can't progress further in my landscaping without knowing what the projects will look like in their correct places.

I know I just have to keep going, this is more a rant than anything, but if anyone's had a similar experience I'd love to commiserate :'(

Never.

I've had my town for four years and I don't have all my PWPs yet. I feel like you have to be incredibly dedicated to get them all unlocked but I don't have enough patience to walk around my town 10+ times with seashells in my inventory.

I did unlock two more though with the seashell hoarder trick.

i've hardly got all of them yet, and i've been playing since release lmao

I have all the ones I *want* in Noveon. As soon as I built all the ones that I liked, and Isabelle wouldn't let me build any more, I gave up on trying to get requests from my villagers. If I were to try and unlock EVERY pwp, it would take years...

Dang ok, well that makes me feel better. I've been kind of caught up in unlocking them all so I have a lot of options but I guess I only *actually* want a new bridge, the windmill, and the metal bench. I think it's time to take a break from the diving trick for now or else I'm going to end up being too annoyed....

i've never gotten all the ones i've wanted ;;
i hack my main town now though so it doesn't bother me anymore

I have all the ones I want, though I have not unlocked them all. When I fist started my town, unlocking them was kind of easy because I would just wander around a lot lol. I was more worried about the money, because some that I wanted were so expensive. But when I joined this site one of the first things I did was sell Coco the normal bunny and I got 20 million bells for it so I wasn't worried anymore lmao

It took me forever to get any worthwhile pwp's and they really didn't come rolling in until I made great use of the diving trick. It sucks that I had to do that...and they really should had worked this into the game better. Some people get them easily with minimal effort and some (like me) went months without any pwps when I first started.

It drove me insane that my cousin was getting them left and right and didn't have to do a thing. And my dumb villagers just wanted to keep asking what they should call me or what kind of shovel would I rather want in a chemical explosion...but yeah I don't have all the pwps either. I'm glad that I finally have some that I really wanted though.

It seems the only way to ever unlock all pwps is by hacking it sadly.
Ooooor if you're going to be playing animal crossing regularly for the next decade or two.

Last edited:
It took me forever to get any worthwhile pwp's and they really didn't come rolling in until I made great use of the diving trick. It sucks that I had to do that...and they really should had worked this into the game better. Some people get them easily with minimal effort and some (like me) went months without any pwps when I first started.

Oy vey well this just made me sad. Yeah they really should have made a different system of unlocking the pwps. Totally forgot about the picnic blanket too! super tempted to hack just for that alone.

I thought I had everything unlocked in the first year. Found out 2 years later that I was missing 2 bridge requests when I went to change them. I thought I got all of them but found out I was missing the wooden and brick bridge request.

I just did my daily routine for most of the PWP and made sure to attend all the PWP ceremonies. After the PWP party a villager can run up and ping you. I had to get the PWP picnic blanket request twice. The first time I forgot to save and leave the game without saving. Lost the picnic blanket and it took 2 months to get it again.

I haven't completed the whole list yet in my second town but I got all the PWPs that I wanted about 3-4 months since I started. Now I've ran out of things to build (The Roost, Police Station, 28 non-permanent plus 3 bridges).

I had everything unlocked in my first town though. It took me close to a year. I was lazy to do the diving trick back then, at least for the most part.

Several months at least and half of that was using the diving trick. I honestly grinded to unlock them. A sane goal is to unlock just one a day via diving trick, even if it's not one you were trying to get. It's still one closer to the one you want and you can try again tomorrow. Especially since it has taken me an hour or more of diving trick to get a single one sometimes.

edit: The last one I unlocked that I wanted was the totem pole :)

Last edited:
I have all the ones I want. It took me forever to get just those. I couldn't imagine getting all of them. O_O

Coming up 2 years and counting haha. I don't think I'm anywhere near unlocking all them, but I'vegot almost all that I want.

Back