What do you think is responsible for the 2016 Election Craze?

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Party Animals 🥳
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
I know the election is over by 8 months as Trump was already in office for 6 months, but what I began to notice is how the political craze by civilians is finally dying down. It may have died down earlier, but I remembered how bad it was in 2016. Normally, the general population doesn't get too political, even during an election year. We usually don't get political until the last 3 months of the year, or maybe the last 6 months. This is true, even when a new president is getting elected. But last year, everyone was getting more political. Places have been prone to political discrimination. Friends were breaking up with each other over their opinions on politics. Even some places that never got political weren't exempt.

What do you think is the reason why people gotten that political last year? Do you think it has to do with who is running, or do you think it was something else that caused it?

In my opinion, I don't think the craze was that big mainly because of Clinton and Trump. If it were between Cruz and Sanders, O'Malley and Carson, or Biden and Rubio, it would be just as bad (or almost as bad at least) as it was with Clinton and Trump. If you want to know why I think so, it has to be more about the issues going on at the time and the issues going on since 2013. I'm not sure if it's going more leftward or rightward, but I know the issues are didn't agree with the norms we dealt with for generations. The conservatives were getting fed up with all these issues (Obamacare, Political Correctness, Safe Spaces, Bathroom Debate etc.) and would not stand another four years of Democrat. Meanwhile, the liberals liked these issues, and they feared that all of these issues (or even most of them) would be reversed (which wouldn't happen if the Republicans couldn't take back control). What made the election even more severe is that Scalia died, which made it more of a liberal vs conservative swing in the Supreme Court. Even after the election, it still didn't calm down soon enough like what previous elections did. Ironically, the Republicans now have majority control in the federal government and half the states in America, but they are hardly going anywhere.

To summarize what I said: it wasn't about who was running. It was about the issues going on at the time and how both sides see what would happen if it continues or goes backwards.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. And believe me, politics tore up my family. Most of my family members that live in my area are Republicans, but I do have some Democrats in it that live in further away areas. Believe me, this election wasn't a good time for that.
The thing is, what I think inflamed it even more so wasn't just the issues facing the nation-it was the fact that we were also legitimately scared by the idea that Russia might interfere in our elections-and so much evidence has been put forth to support that.
My dad can't stand the idea that Trump could end up being viewed worldwide as a Russian puppet and insists that he'd be re-elected in 2020, but the problem is, Russia has literally tried to get involved in politics everywhere.
I will say, I do think the political craze would have still happened if Trump and Clinton hadn't been the nominees. But the fact that the Russian government and Vladimir Putin literally wanted Trump to win only made it much worse.

I will say, I do think the political craze would have still happened if Trump and Clinton hadn't been the nominees. But the fact that the Russian government and Vladimir Putin literally wanted Trump to win only made it much worse.

ISIS wanted him as president too ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

****ty candidates lead to ****ty division. Not about the election, but there are still lots of people who still don't talk to their families following the Scottish independence referendum.

Also, hasn't Donald Trump's son admitted to meeting up with Russian officials during the race to get dirt on Hilary?

Back