• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Legit Creepy Internet Experiences

Hulaette

The Magical Mermaid
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Blue Candy
Jack
Orange (Fruit)
The most creepiest thing that ever freaked me out was when I thought the Slenderman was real.
I was scared for 2 weeks, I wouldn't sleep with my lights on, I was terrified to look at trees & bushes, and I had nightmares. Also Sonic.exe freaks me out still.

Have you ever sat down at your computer and while logging into one of your favorite sites it took you to a weird 404 page or something like that? Any scary experiences with another user on said website?

404 errors are terrifying

creepiest thing that's ever happened to me is either my name and phone number being posted publicly online by someone i didnt know, or randomly stumbling across a really creepy game

I thought Slender Man was real too, but for 3 years. My friends showed me pictures of him when I was 7 and I was terrified everyday. I couldn't even stay in a dark room cause I kept thinking that he was there in the shadows wanting to grab me.
Also, I had my first email account at age 8. I was the shyest and most naive of my group of friends and they sent me a scary 'The Rake' video as an anonymous and I was legimetely terrified. But other than some trolling friends, nothing legitimate.

When I was in middle school, my sister (who is the same age as me) was getting creepy messages from a 40 something year old guy.

Also the blue screen of death can be pretty creepy.

Last edited:
not sure if this counts, but i remember i used to be really freaked out by the whole 'bloody mary' thing. like i legit would not use the bathroom at night, in fear that i would look up and see bloody mary in the mirror

some creepypastas i read around 2013 , when i saw them i was like , shaking and trying not to be scared. probably the most scary thing of my internet life , infact , one of those creepypastas still scare me as of today.

Last edited:
Reading a Creepypasta called "Sonic.exe" it was horrifying for me smh. :p

does getting on fb and getting a message from an arabic person that says "wanna ****?" count?

dude wasnt even on my friends list, never requested me, never nothing... how did he even find a 17 year olds profile?

it said he was from my city on his profile with 0 mutual friends

lol i told my dad HAHAHAHAHA

someone also signed up for match and sugar baby and sex websites on my first email i EVER made.... i was 11. t'was so creepy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

not sure if this counts, but i remember i used to be really freaked out by the whole 'bloody mary' thing. like i legit would not use the bathroom at night, in fear that i would look up and see bloody mary in the mirror

my mom screamed "BLOODY MARY I KILLED YOUR BABY" to prove me wrong.

still didnt work, and still slept in moms bed. made her watch me take a BM and urinate for two weeks after the fact as well.

1. my first chain letter. i was with a couple of my friends and we were all on the computers in their basement, and then i check my email bc i wanted to verify an account or something and i go through and theres something eye-grabbing/scary and so i click it open and it was the Teddy chainletter and i was so scared lmao i really did try my best to email it to as much people as i could. looking back on the chainletter now it's so silly, even the grammar is terrible hahaha

2. last month this random guy messages me on tumblr stating he lived by the same city as me and asked if i'm looking for a sugar-daddy (while i was a sort of an adult-worker for a couple of months before that, i never stated before or advertised myself as looking for a pay-for-meetup-and-have-irl-s*x type deal anywhere). he had no posts, no icon, no liked posts, and was following no blogs, so i'm just ummm im gonna reply to see if this is real and politely ask for more details. after i reply once, i dont log onto tumblr for a few days and when i come back i see hes spammed the heck out of my inbox all upset with the message "Please tell me why you replied to me once but never again. You acted as if you were interested." along with that same message in all caps (which scared me). but of course i was curious so i reply again to apologize & continue messaging through e-mail. he starts talking about how hes always wanted to be with a "lolita-type" girl who wears long socks and he also at some point mentioned he had a girlfriend he lives with and he wouldnt want to pay for a hotel, like some "sugardaddy" you are, lol. and yes i know im the one who got myself into it through replying the first time but meh, curiosity killed the cat
i went out with my friend group a week later, and i found out another one of us was also contacted by him lmao. strange that he was able to find both of us around the same city, even stranger that he reached out to both me and my friend, & theres defnitely more girls out there im sure.

Last edited:
I read a Creepypasta were someone visited a dream town, and all the villagers turned into gyroids.

The bongcheon-dong ghost story comic scared me real bad. I remember that was the thing to do was to send your pals the url and make them panic. Then several others were made and I couldn't handle anymore.

My own creepy experiences? I've had many in real life, but not very many online. I know of many online, but, again, I've never had any myself.

I'd like to, though!

There are some great creepy pastas that are super well thought through that get me for a hot minute, but as with most spooky things I'm not easily jarred as I've seen worse IRL. Been tempted to try some of the "rituals" as with intent you can probably get some things to happen, or at least convince yourself they happened. I know I've met some really creepy people online as well, but as long as you get out of the situation or block them it's usually good.

ok wait lmao i remember reading one of those chain mail "if you don't send this to 10 people you'll die" and i got so freaked out and GENUINELY THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE lmfao and i emailed my best friend like "im gonna die, i love you, you were a great friend" (i was like 7) and she was just like "lmao what, those aren't real"

I was the same way when it came to Slenderman. I was s h o o k, I played it late at night when I was 13 because a friend told me to do so (and for some reason I couldn't say no) and I got so scared, that I turned the lights on and tried to wake my sister up. I think the thing that actually scared me about Slenderman was the fact that you never know when he's going to come for you. That and some of the sounds in game give you the illusion that he's near you. Which makes you extremely paranoid and in constant fear, so I was constantly checking behind me in a scared for my life kinda way.

Another creepy internet experience is when someone who was very toxic to me, spread around my personal details & social medias on sites like 4chan all while giving false info about me. Almost daily for a week, i'd be bombarded with messages from creepy men. Although I did get one from a very nice girl, letting me know who was doing this to me and why I was getting those messages. So at least something good came from it. Having all my socials scattered all over the web wasn't nice to say the least, and it made me extremely paranoid, having people who don't know me know EVERYTHING about me. I changed most of my social media names after that.

Last edited:
This is more so about the person behind sending these messages, but this one dude who was from a certain game community I'm part of would send me innocent messages and all and talk about how people were mean to him in the community so he wanted to find more friends via DeviantART and ended up finding me. That's all fine and dandy, but after mentioning this to another friend who was in the community they told me exactly why - dude's a convicted pedophile who plays the victim constantly and Skype chats young teens saying if they don't send him nudes/talk to him/be his girlfriend he'll kill himself, and in return sends them videos of him hitting himself and such. In-game he's a total knob too as he's got this group who go around reporting people if they think they see someone breaking the rules. Basically minimods, and they don't even do their job right.

I remember that last year, on Club Tortimer on New Leaf, this girl who claimed to be 12 asked me for my last name. Since mine isn't common, I didn't give it out. I think she deleted me though.
I can't really think of much else other than that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The bongcheon-dong ghost story comic scared me real bad. I remember that was the thing to do was to send your pals the url and make them panic. Then several others were made and I couldn't handle anymore.

Really? I love those, although I'm a sucker for horror.
NGL, I think my mom thought it was creepy just the fact that I was on the internet (she's very overprotective)-especially when you consider I started using it when I was 5 all the way back in 2005.

Back