China Bans All LGBT Content on the Internet

Is anyone actually surprised by this? Chinese people live under a totalitarian government that they're entirely reliant upon for survival. Many parts of China are impoverished and incapable of fighting back, even if they disagree with they laws they're forced to live under. I mean, if they have more children than they're supposed to, their government benefits for food and other things are taken away and it's incredibly difficult for them to support themselves.

Things like this are why I get so mad at Americans/ other westerners that say they want to become more reliant on the government (free healthcare and schooling both of which aren't actually free). When you give a select group of people that much power over an entire nation, they will abuse it. Think twice, most of my generation.
China isn't a totalitarian government. It's more authoritarian, one-party rule. And while China is still a developing country it's not like the government there is ignoring the poor, it's actually made a lot of progress in combating poverty.

Anyway back on topic, I don't like the action that's been taken. I respect China a lot but this is one instance where I'm disappointed with how they're handling things :/

Is anyone actually surprised by this? Chinese people live under a totalitarian government that they're entirely reliant upon for survival. Many parts of China are impoverished and incapable of fighting back, even if they disagree with they laws they're forced to live under. I mean, if they have more children than they're supposed to, their government benefits for food and other things are taken away and it's incredibly difficult for them to support themselves.

Things like this are why I get so mad at Americans/ other westerners that say they want to become more reliant on the government (free healthcare and schooling both of which aren't actually free). When you give a select group of people that much power over an entire nation, they will abuse it. Think twice, most of my generation.

dunno what free healthcare and schooling or the "west is the best" argument have to do with china's censorship of LGBT-related content but ok

- - - Post Merge - - -

Dam china wanna **** off and treat me and my fellow home-of-sexuals with some respect?

home-of-sexuals need respecc

it really is just a step backwards. if the purpose of love and marriage is to only be able to have children or jist to be a straight couple then people dont really know what love is.

I don't think China is a democracy, so I could've seen this happening. Even still, I didn't know China was trying to take Russia's pride and glory and infamy as being homophobic!

Even animals and magical creatures!

I know I shouldn't laugh at this but...

But yeah China.. they're like a random church banning everything you shouldn't see, but they want top students rather than religious things for it -_-

when will i be allowed to just...exist in peace w/o being labeled as a Big Bad Gay lmao

honestly though as an american gay this hurts but my pain is so much less than the pain of lgbt folks living in china rn. my heart goes out to them. hope they can get the resources they need

Free invites to those in China to come here and bum off my Wi-Fi. That is really sad, and with how all sites have some kind of mention or discussion of LGBT+ things I can't see them being able to go pretty much anywhere...

Maybe a bit unrelated to LGBT+ things, but now they banned Winnie the Pooh for being to alike to their president or whatever

... why am I not surprised.

Maybe a bit unrelated to LGBT+ things, but now they banned Winnie the Pooh for being to alike to their president or whatever

Looking like Winnie the Pooh is a beautiful thing. He should just embrace it.

i read an article on this where they had a picture of winnie the pooh next to xi jinping
and they captioned it "Winnie the Pooh (left) bears a resemblance to Chinese president Xi Jingping. "
as if we couldn't tell the difference

winnie_0.jpg

Last edited:
Back