Ask the smelly old hippie!

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
1930-4077-2035
Yeah, seem they are a thing again, so ask away. Remember to follow the rules, and don't spam the thread too much. That way I might not be able to keep up and answer everyone.

Alright, I'm actually not that smelly but yeah my old thread was pretty irrelevant now and not a good necro subject.

Might or might now include a nice picture with my answer ;)

Do you really do hippie things like smoke weed and eat organic stuff and protest injustice?

1. We don't jav any good weed here so no. Wish we had though might just plant my own lol
2. Yes if I can afford it. Pretty expensive here.
3. Yes.

4328_nc__batik_tshirt.jpg

Last edited:
Help me! I wanna be a hippie too; but how?

1. Swim naked in the mud
2. Smoke some weed
3. Get some cool clothes/gear & listen to oldies psychedelic things
4. Protest against stuff
5. Get dank
etc.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Favorite kind of movies?

Generally documentaries, if they are good made. Not those cheap US/British things about people weighing like 200 kilos and stuff though.

And, well old stuff, 70s and older are always nice, although there have been some recent things I've enjoyed.

Open to most though as long as it's not dumb special effects superhero action or crappy romcom stuff

If you aren't smelly, then why are you an old hippie?
Also would your favorite Overwatch character be Zenyatta?

If you aren't smelly, then why are you an old hippie?
Also would your favorite Overwatch character be Zenyatta?

It's a joke, lol... Okay I actually am pretty smelly now lol.

I never played the game even less seen the character til now but yeah I like the looks of it (they.. him?)

Last edited:
I'm not knowing a lot about Hippies, so please excuse me if that's one of those "prejudices" (what a weird word)
So.. do you often wear one of those headbands? o:

Oh and I once had a Hippie in my class, always looked high af and going to every single protest :'D

What are some of your favorite shows?

Do you approve of hippie stereotypes? Like smoking weed and getting involved in protests and all that bs.

People have been calling me a hippie probably since I was 12 years old, because I love nature, I love to wear feathers and headbands and tie dye and other hippie-related stuff, and I love the idea of peace throughout the world and have been striving for it for years. But I don't like things like smoking weed, particularly because I don't like drugs and I hate the smell of it. I'm also a very, very modest person and I don't even like wear shorts or tank tops, I'm a t-shirt/jeans kinda person.

But just because I don't do a lot of the stereotypical hippy stuff like get high and whatnot, I don't think that means I don't fit into that category. What do you think? Would you still accept me as one of your kind or am I like something totally different.

I'm not knowing a lot about Hippies, so please excuse me if that's one of those "prejudices" (what a weird word)
So.. do you often wear one of those headbands? o:

Oh and I once had a Hippie in my class, always looked high af and going to every single protest :'D

If I have something that looks cool with it, you don't wanna look like a costume party hippie man.

Haha, must have been cool. I mostly had boring people in mine.. except this old lady who actually was a bit hippie back in her days lel

- - - Post Merge - - -

What are some of your favorite shows?

M*A*S*H is #1.

Otherwise I like Fawlty Towers, Keeping up Appearances, Absolutely Fabulous, 'Allo 'Allo, The Vicar of Dibley.. QI and Pointless are cool beans too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do you approve of hippie stereotypes? Like smoking weed and getting involved in protests and all that bs.

People have been calling me a hippie probably since I was 12 years old, because I love nature, I love to wear feathers and headbands and tie dye and other hippie-related stuff, and I love the idea of peace throughout the world and have been striving for it for years. But I don't like things like smoking weed, particularly because I don't like drugs and I hate the smell of it. I'm also a very, very modest person and I don't even like wear shorts or tank tops, I'm a t-shirt/jeans kinda person.

But just because I don't do a lot of the stereotypical hippy stuff like get high and whatnot, I don't think that means I don't fit into that category. What do you think? Would you still accept me as one of your kind or am I like something totally different.

Well since pot is pretty much illegal here, unless you get it approved for medical use if you have fatal injuries or severe pain etc. I haven't tried (kinda bs it's as restricted as it is tbh, there are worse things than pot pfft).

Pretty much same because I don't wear a bra, don't shave areas (more like they called me like a lesbian hippie lmao I actually never been with a girl let alone get along with those around me good). I mean I don't mind girls but yeah I preferred my guy friends tbh.. and I have a boyfriend now so, eh.

ANYWAYS on to the topic you asked about... I could dabble for a few hours what the real, old school hippie is all about.. but you don't have to do drugs and stuff. Just some back in the days, and now do it. If they like it and don't get too hurt, I'll leave them alone and don't judge. I think the whole thing is more like the "peace, love and understanding" thing.. be peaceful, love each other, be understanding and don't be pro-war and stuff. I'd guess it's pretty hard to be old-school hippie today though with the lonely, individualist attitude and crime going on and everyone being mean to each other, but we can try.

And while I like wearing flowing dresses there is not much weather nor good occasions here for it sadly I go with flare jeans and.. well hippie-ish shirts. I try to wear dresses when i can though because they are comfy.

And yeah sure I'll accept you, you seem honest <3 What I can't stand is those tumblr fake meme-hippies (if you google hippie meme you'll get my catch) that think being a hippie is all about not taking meds, not vaccine your kids and using baking soda for schampoo etc. I mean, using organic is good if you can trace it, but would you risk you or your kid to die because they think vaccine causes autism or whatever not bs opinions floating around. I mean I take bc pills for my tum pains during and before periods and it's been pretty much life-changing than if I'd be without it for example. And for god's sake, vaccines does not cause autism. I mean yes I am an aspie person but that's not because of vaccine, it's from my dad's side of the family :]

So yeah, basically be a peaceful creature and don't go on tumblr or follow those hippie memes and you're in c:

Oh I can assure you I don't do that kinda stuff to try to fit in with a crowd. I've always done my own thing, and it just happened that one year I discovered idealism of peace and I decided that it seems like a really cool idea. Now I'm into all kinda stuff you would probably call stereotypical like older music and movies, those clothes you described, and even vintage VWs. But for the most part, I just got into stuff like that cause.. well that's what I like!

I'm so glad I didn't get into the whole Tumblr scene anyways lol ^o^

Yeah same, both their clothes, peace and love things and yeah old music is my thing as well, and I pretty much discovered it on my own by reading and stuff. I don't drive or have a car, but yeah those old hippie vans and cars look real cool.

And yep, I like it too. No one I know IRL is really into that either but it's cool to see like-minded people online the least ^^

Yeah same.. That community is pretty toxic and those hippie memes are just disgusting, I guess people making them have no idea anyways :^)

Back