• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Someone is using my bench!!!

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I have 5 benches in my town, but I have never seen anyone sitting on them ever!
They usually sit on stumps or rocks right next to the benches.
I'm walking around and low and behold, Kyle is sitting on one!
I'm so happy and this is a really dumb thing to be happy about!

HNI_0074.JPGHNI_0072.JPG

I've spent over 150k on benches...

Last edited:
Shame on them for not using benches. It seems like my villagers have been using my benches less they used to use them all the time now it's...kind of rare it's annoying. Go Kyle for sitting on the bench. :) Are they by villager homes? Sometimes that helps

omg! I always freak out out of cuteness whenever I see a villager sitting on a bench lool~ Especially if two villagers are sitting together! It's not a dumb thing to be excited about, it's actually cute :D

Not dumb at all! Haha. I remember how excited I got when someone finally used a bench in Ruddyoak. It was Mallary, too--my favorite. I took a ton of screenshots! Then later that evening, Kabuki sat on the same bench. Like...were you just waiting for someone to warm it up? :p

Shame on them for not using benches. It seems like my villagers have been using my benches less they used to use them all the time now it's...kind of rare it's annoying. Go Kyle for sitting on the bench. :) Are they by villager homes? Sometimes that helps

Three of them are, one's right next Pekoe's the other's in front of Big Top's and one's by Diana's and Whitney's. The other two are in my park areas .

i squealed this is so cute!! i haven't built any benches, but tomorrow's pwp is one, and the day after is also one ;)

i can't wait to see moments like these!!! also, kyle is my favorite smug, so it this post even more of a treat for me :')

I have mainly used benches to block new arrivals from squatting too close to me and they get matching flower combinations close by to avoid a "cheap" look. Done right, even the plain ones, like yellow or blue, can be decorative. Still waiting for the moment I see one of my varmints sitting on one.

i to see them sitting on my bench once in a while :)
but i have more stumps than benches and see them sitting on that, which is pretty cool and cute at the same time :)

One time Maple was sitting on my tire bench and I took like 20 photos of us together and our convo and it made my day n.n

Yeah I don't think they scripted the bench sitting properly...same thing with two villagers having a discussion. Instead, they just continue to run into each other.

I used to have a lot of benches, now I just have to close by near my big garden oasis. A few sit on it from time to time...but it's not too common. To have it work all the time, you need to set up the bench near someone's house. And normally that just looks ugly. They should had programmed the bench to have a villager beacon script or something of that nature, so that villager coding knows that there are benches in the town and are programmed to sit on it more.

haha that's adorable! I used to have quite a few benches in my old town, and it was always so cute when a villager decided to sit down on one.

That is so sweet. I love it when my villagers sit on benches, especially when they invite you to sit next to them! And when you sit you do the cute head thing with them. I love my villagers

4WDXIjU.jpg
Beardo is the only villager of mine that sits on the chair sculpture.I think he suggested it for himself.

ePfISa9.jpg
I've played this game since it came out and it's still rare to find two villagers on a bench together.

013ibjI.jpg
Here's an odd happening:the extremely rare double-benching.The only other time I've seen this involved the same two pigs,Chops and Hugh.

9yJNJDM.jpg
I always leave a couple of stumps around my towns for villagers to perch on.I like it when the villagers with big feet like the ducks,ostriches and chickens sit on them.

They can sit on rocks too? Whoa I've never seen that before :O I love seeing my villagers sit on benches/stumps... but I wish they could emote while on them too. One time I fell in a pitfall right in front of a villager on a bench and seeing them just stare at me blankly kinda made it less cute :p

I love when my villagers sit on the benches I build! It's especially cute when you're good friends with the one on the bench because they get so happy when you sit next to them. :)

I love when I find one or two villagers sitting on the benches or stumps.
One time 2 villagers were sitting on the bench. I got an offer to sit on a villagers lap.
One night it was all girl villager playing. I found 2 girls sitting on the log bench in front of the fire having girl talk.
I hopped on the bench and enjoyed the night.

One of my favorite times is finding a villager sitting on the bench just before I end the game. It's the best way to end sitting and enjoying the sunset before save/quit for the night.

Oh gosh all of this sounds adorable. I have a lone bench in Astoria (I have no idea what to do landscaping wise now, so I've been lazy with PWPs), so of course no one sits on it. I'll be looking out for it now!

Last edited:
Back