So how about that new photobucket policy?

Yeah, I found out when my signature disappeared. My hard drive died, so I don't have access to a lot of my files. It sucks not having a computer.

They can keep my cringey images from years ago. Like this old artwork I made...

caeekRA.png

Last edited:
I was shocked to see how many people still use it for neopets like whut? Was a big uproar about it, meanwhile I haven't used the site in years and avoid it due to the ads & lag.

Misinformation afoot! Your photos are not being held ransom. Their hosting service for 3rd party sites (ie direct linking a signature on TBT) is now a paid service. All of your photos and whatever else you store on photobucket is still free for you to view and download onto your computer.

PHOTOBUCKET said:
4. Are my pictures still safe?

Yes! All your photos are still available by logging into your Photobucket
Account. Photobucket has only restricted the ability to view your photos on
3rd party sites.

Last edited:
another reason why imgur is superior, i honestly never used photo bucket 'cause imgur is so much easier.

When you try to make more money but end up committing business suicide.

I'm surprised they're still even relevant, I've never used a photo hosting site. I wonder how much longer they'll last.

Misinformation afoot! Your photos are not being held ransom. Their hosting service for 3rd party sites (ie direct linking a signature on TBT) is now a paid service. All of your photos and whatever else you store on photobucket is still free for you to view and download onto your computer.

Still I think most people do use it for 3rd party site linking and just not storing it because it used to be convenient. Nowadays you can just use imgur non-account anyways.

Odd, I'm using Photobucket thumbnails in my signature on another site and they still work just fine... regardless, this was a really stupid decision on their part :( I've been thinking about switching to Imgur completely, but I'm not sure if it can handle huge files or not...

Back