• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you typically make your upstairs room?

It's always different, but right now it's a hello kitty birthday party scene! (Hello kitty and birthday furniture).

I don't care for my upstairs room most of the time, but when I do get around to it I typically make my upstairs room a bedroom or a bathroom. To be honest though, it's usually terribly unfinished and constantly a work in progress. I think in my most current and newest town, i'm not going to get an upstairs. Although it's vital so I can get the secret storage space unlocked, I feel like an extension looks to bulky with everything else that's going on in my house.

I usually make my upstairs room a bedroom, rn it's an ice themed bedroom but previously it had the Princess Set in it, and in wild world I had a fish/hybrid room upstairs. :)

I like to make my upstairs room an appartment. A complete home including living room, bedroom bathroom and kitchen.

What I love about this is how many different ways you can execute this idea depending on what furniture and what decorations you choose. In my Mayor's house I went for a clean look by using a lot of items not part of a series (pine set, cream sofa, fireplace etc.) and the classic set, with neutral wall and floor which gave me a lot of freedom to decorate it with quite a few collectibles without making it too busy.

In my museum I'm working on the same sort of idea but it looks totally different as this time I'm using a lot of harvest furniture and ruby coloured lovely furniture. Very sparkly and girly, not something I'd put in a character's house but a fun interior design challenge.

I especially love this idea as it gives me the freedom to do whatever I want with the other five rooms while still giving my characters an actual, functional place to live.

Last edited:
I make it my rare item room. A place where I put rare items in. I usually just dump stuff in my house, and if it looks good, I keep it in there.

I used to collect those giant clams and turn them into music boxes. My whole upstairs room was filled up with them :)

I like to make my upstairs room an appartment. A complete home including living room, bedroom bathroom and kitchen.

What I love about this is how many different ways you can execute this idea depending on what furniture and what decorations you choose. In my Mayor's house I went for a clean look by using a lot of items not part of a series (pine set, cream sofa, fireplace etc.) and the classic set, with neutral wall and floor which gave me a lot of freedom to decorate it with quite a few collectibles without making it too busy.

In my museum I'm working on the same sort of idea but it looks totally different as this time I'm using a lot of harvest furniture and ruby coloured lovely furniture. Very sparkly and girly, not something I'd put in a character's house but a fun interior design challenge.

I especially love this idea as it gives me the freedom to do whatever I want with the other five rooms while still giving my characters an actual, functional place to live.

Wow, this is actually a GREAT idea! I think I'd have a hard time fitting in enough stuff for my character to live though XD

My upstairs room is always changing. When I first got the game, it was a simple bedroom, very wild-world inspired (I was lazy). Then it was an aquarium, and then it became room that held the Holiday furniture, and would be swapped out with each holiday. It was a kitchen/bedroom apartment type of room for a long time, a music room, and a few other things. Right now, it's home to all pieces of the classic furniture theme, as I try to redecorate according to my non-existent theme

Last edited:
I play as a side character in my little sister's town, and I wanted to change things because I was beginning to feel like she was copying me, so I made my upstairs room into an office/study instead the typical bedroom. I plan on building a bachelor pad (my character in her game is male) in the basement.

mine is my sanrio furniture bedroom :3 the chai and etoile sets look really nice together, and i have some other soft pastel furniture like the casablanca lilies, rainbow screen, marshmallow chair, etc.

I usually make my upstairs room a bedroom that fits in with the 'theme' of the character. I used to really like the idea of houses that have rooms like an actual house - kitchen, bedroom, living room, bathroom, etc., but I'm a lot more freeform now! I still always end up making the top room a bedroom, though.

Mine is a combination bedroom/stargazing type of thing. In the front I have most of the astro set customized blue and black and a lava lamp. That's also where I keep Wisp's lamp and the Wii U and Nintendo 3ds so I can play the minigames, both customized black. In the back of the room I have a moon and asteroid floating around. It looks really good with the lunar horizon. The floor is the backyard lawn - it may seem a little weird to have a bed and couch, etc. on grass but what can you do.

Back