What do you typically make your upstairs room?

It's always different, but right now it's a hello kitty birthday party scene! (Hello kitty and birthday furniture).

I don't care for my upstairs room most of the time, but when I do get around to it I typically make my upstairs room a bedroom or a bathroom. To be honest though, it's usually terribly unfinished and constantly a work in progress. I think in my most current and newest town, i'm not going to get an upstairs. Although it's vital so I can get the secret storage space unlocked, I feel like an extension looks to bulky with everything else that's going on in my house.

I usually make my upstairs room a bedroom, rn it's an ice themed bedroom but previously it had the Princess Set in it, and in wild world I had a fish/hybrid room upstairs. :)

I like to make my upstairs room an appartment. A complete home including living room, bedroom bathroom and kitchen.

What I love about this is how many different ways you can execute this idea depending on what furniture and what decorations you choose. In my Mayor's house I went for a clean look by using a lot of items not part of a series (pine set, cream sofa, fireplace etc.) and the classic set, with neutral wall and floor which gave me a lot of freedom to decorate it with quite a few collectibles without making it too busy.

In my museum I'm working on the same sort of idea but it looks totally different as this time I'm using a lot of harvest furniture and ruby coloured lovely furniture. Very sparkly and girly, not something I'd put in a character's house but a fun interior design challenge.

I especially love this idea as it gives me the freedom to do whatever I want with the other five rooms while still giving my characters an actual, functional place to live.

Last edited:
I make it my rare item room. A place where I put rare items in. I usually just dump stuff in my house, and if it looks good, I keep it in there.

I used to collect those giant clams and turn them into music boxes. My whole upstairs room was filled up with them :)

I like to make my upstairs room an appartment. A complete home including living room, bedroom bathroom and kitchen.

What I love about this is how many different ways you can execute this idea depending on what furniture and what decorations you choose. In my Mayor's house I went for a clean look by using a lot of items not part of a series (pine set, cream sofa, fireplace etc.) and the classic set, with neutral wall and floor which gave me a lot of freedom to decorate it with quite a few collectibles without making it too busy.

In my museum I'm working on the same sort of idea but it looks totally different as this time I'm using a lot of harvest furniture and ruby coloured lovely furniture. Very sparkly and girly, not something I'd put in a character's house but a fun interior design challenge.

I especially love this idea as it gives me the freedom to do whatever I want with the other five rooms while still giving my characters an actual, functional place to live.

Wow, this is actually a GREAT idea! I think I'd have a hard time fitting in enough stuff for my character to live though XD

My upstairs room is always changing. When I first got the game, it was a simple bedroom, very wild-world inspired (I was lazy). Then it was an aquarium, and then it became room that held the Holiday furniture, and would be swapped out with each holiday. It was a kitchen/bedroom apartment type of room for a long time, a music room, and a few other things. Right now, it's home to all pieces of the classic furniture theme, as I try to redecorate according to my non-existent theme

Last edited:
I play as a side character in my little sister's town, and I wanted to change things because I was beginning to feel like she was copying me, so I made my upstairs room into an office/study instead the typical bedroom. I plan on building a bachelor pad (my character in her game is male) in the basement.

mine is my sanrio furniture bedroom :3 the chai and etoile sets look really nice together, and i have some other soft pastel furniture like the casablanca lilies, rainbow screen, marshmallow chair, etc.

I usually make my upstairs room a bedroom that fits in with the 'theme' of the character. I used to really like the idea of houses that have rooms like an actual house - kitchen, bedroom, living room, bathroom, etc., but I'm a lot more freeform now! I still always end up making the top room a bedroom, though.

Mine is a combination bedroom/stargazing type of thing. In the front I have most of the astro set customized blue and black and a lava lamp. That's also where I keep Wisp's lamp and the Wii U and Nintendo 3ds so I can play the minigames, both customized black. In the back of the room I have a moon and asteroid floating around. It looks really good with the lunar horizon. The floor is the backyard lawn - it may seem a little weird to have a bed and couch, etc. on grass but what can you do.

Back