• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you typically make your upstairs room?

milesupshur

Walrider
Bells
I never really used to attic/upstair room for anything, I'm currently thinking of making it a plant/green house room, but I'm curious as to what other people have made it. I don't really see anything specific to make it, unlike the first floor rooms being a bedroom, living room, kitchen, bathroom, etc.... But I have no! idea whatsoever to make the attic/upstairs room in general.

So list some ideas of what you think it could be, besides an attic....

I usually do a mossy Japanese garden room! Although I might not this time, as I've made my 1st floor left room a greenhouse/plant room. Although you can never have too much outside, inside in my opinion!

My upstairs is the bedroom as well. I think most of my characters use it as a bedroom, but a sun room or garden room sounds nice

i use it as a bedroom, like most people! but i'm putting a spin on it so it'll be an star observatory / bedroom! :)

a greenhouse as an upstairs sounds lovely!

The top floor (at least for my mayor character) is always a bedroom.

Last edited:
I always make my upstairs room a bedroom! and I never really fully max out it's size, I just keep it at medium so it's cute~

I use it as a bedroom/gaming room! I'm kinda projecting my own room onto it. :p
The furniture I use is the sloppy series, and then I just went nuts placing all the splatoon, loz etc items in it. :D

I making mine an arcade. There's some useful furniture or put in it, like the Colour Wheel, Game Shelf, Tabletop Game, Dart Boards and a Crane Game. Some suggestions are:

-Cute Sun Room
-Pantry lol
-Dining Room if that's not apart of your kitchen
-Garden or plant room
-Picture room (a room with pictures of all your previous and present villagers)
-Study room or office
-Candy Room (how cool will that be?)
-Laundry room (a washing machine and some bits of the sloppy set would work)
-Souvenir room (a room displayed with all the furniture from events and stuff)

That's all I can think of. If i think of something as I stumble across the forums, I'll edit this post!

Last edited:
I always use mine as a bedroom but right now it's a work in progress so it looks like a hoard haha..

Mine was a happy memory room where I put pictures of villagers I liked that had lived or currently live in my town.

It's going to change though and be pretty unconventional. I don't make my house look like a normal house.

Mine are almost always bedrooms. In my three completed towns, every residential home has the bedroom upstairs. The only exceptions are Lana's house in AHS--the asylum is technically residential, but rather than a staff member's bedroom, I have Sister Jude's office. And in Goblin, Jareth's castle is his residence, but I put his bedroom at the back. Since the houses in that town tell a story, I made the upstairs into the final Jareth/Sarah confrontation scene, so it's literally the peak of the story/town.
(I really need to do some last minute touch-ups and get it a new DA! It hasn't had one since the WA update.)

i used to always make it a bedroom, but now i've kind of gotten out of that habit, and made it into something else

in clarity, the upstairs is the pastel kiddie set

in cloudluv, the mayor's house is the hello kitty set
the second character's house is going to be my dream bedroom

and in wintry, upstairs is a new year's party

Back