• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things we'd like in updates or in the next game

SublimeDonut

Deep Sea Prisoner
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I love Animal Crossing New Leaf as it is right now, I really do. But I just can't keep myself of thinking what I'd like in updates or even in the next game of the franchise.
I'm thinking of more landscaping options. Maybe some new areas to unlock to your town or even different town types, like underwater, rainforest, mountain area, volcano, desert, tropical island and winter mountain, each with new challenges, new PWPs, new villagers and such.
I wanna hear your ideas and your opinion on my ideas.

i wish you could interact with the villagers more like having sleepovers, going to get coffee, shopping, etc

The ability to lay down plots where villagers can move on, the ability to destroy rocks, bat villagers, kitten villagers, fox villagers, more pwps (especially interactive ones), more plants, a mining cave could be really run to get your fossils and jewels with instead of them popping up in the dirt.

Oh geez, I read Akane's suggestions bat villagers, as in to bat villagers. Then I realized my mistake when they went on to name other species they want...lol.

The ability to bat villagers, wow so savage Akane :p

We don't know if we'll still be mayor in the next game. So pwp's might not exist. But I did think the Dream Suite was a hotel when it was first suggested by Isabelle. I was pretty excited to start that and pay it off. I didn't know how or what a hotel would do/work, but it sounded so cool.

I was a little disappointed when I realized what it really was. But that's what I would like to see, a hotel pwp.

More dialogue and personality. I want the snooty's to insult my appearance until I build friendship and I want cranky's to be really mean like in the older games! Also more villagers per town. maybe more welcome amiibo villagers. give me bow and meow!!!

i wish you could interact with the villagers more like having sleepovers, going to get coffee, shopping, etc

This. I miss the feature in the gamecube version where you could ask your villagers to help with errands. I think there should be more little games to play with your villagers and better dialogue. Also make Blathers babble on again.

Other than that, a bigger town, more villagers, a different area other than the shop. disctrict and island that we haven't seen before. I agree with those above about bat villagers. Also we need more reptile villagers too.

I also thought it would be really cool to go into first person mode to make the game more alive. Could you imagine updating the fishing/bug catching mechanic for first person? Thatd be awesome

i want to interact more with the villagers, and it would be nice to have an updated qr system! like more qr codes slots and the ability to make qrs to put in water (i still want lily pads!!!! and toy boats and duck toys and stuff omg)! i'd also like... uh... MORE storage because i'm a big hoarder :')

i'd also like to be able to see 360 outdoors! i have some benches facing the ocean, but i can never see the view!!

Animal Crossing's next game needs to be better, because I've got a lot of complaints and suggestions.
It would be cool if..
-You could choose your town map
-YOU CAN CHOOSE WHERE VILLAGERS LIVE INSTEAD OF LAYING PATHS ON YOUR TOWN FOR 5 HOURS!
-You can have more paths per player, instead of just a mere 10.
-You could have a new feature called cooking! It would be amazing. Every animal has their favourite meal, and if you cook it and mail it to them or give it to them then they'll be really happy! Maybe cooking could consist of collecting items. For example, you could create Fruit Stew by bringing two different types of fruit and cooking them together!
-The game has more fruit!! Why not add pineapples as an island fruit? How about avocados? And berries? And apricots? And plums?
-I don't know why they took this feature away, but in Wild World, when you go to a villagers house, they would sometimes be performing the Sad emotion. When you interact with them, they tell you that they are feeling very sick. You have to go and buy medicine for them. When you give the medicine to the sick villager, they will feel better.
-SERRENA THE CHIHUAHUA! Remember her? She was the one in City Folk who was at the fountain. You could throw an axe into the fountain and she will come out and ask you what axe you had. You can either say a normal axe, a silver axe, or a gold axe. Sometimes, she will give you a gold axe when you really threw in a normal axe. But it could be the other way around. I think they took her out of her the game, as maybe Leif replaced her.

They still have that function in NL. Awhile ago I had to get medicine for Monique as she was feeling sick. It's only happened once though, to be fair.

+Native voice chat
+Deeper personalities

I'd love to see a little apartment building for the NPCs to live in, like Tom Nook and Sable. We could see them going in and out throughout the day and have them invite us in for a few minutes like the villagers do. It would be neat to see Isabelle outside of the town house too, because that she works far too hard and definitely deserves a break every now and then.
It would also be really cool to be able to hold more patterns or even put clovers on the paths like in ACHHD. I feel like there's so much more they can add to make landscaping better like more flowers and bushes, getting new PWP, or even rotating the PWPs.

Always on my top spot of updates: The main street dismantled, with all the buildings from it as part of the whole town itself!

Another thing that could be awesome: The town being built from scratch in the wilderness. You start inside an RV, and made an empty wild land into whatever you want - and even control the size of its boundaries, and where they really reside.

That's always my first thought when I see threads like this, the game for me is mostly about the villagers, I love to decorate my town but it's all for my residents lol. So I'm always upset when they start repeating themselves.

Hmm these aren't really things I really could conceive happening in future game(s) but they're fun to think of.

coracao.gif
More control in camera perspective. Basically like when you're inside a house but I want that outdoors too
coracao.gif
More villager X villager interaction. The most they do right now is talk to each other sometimes, or gossip, or ask you to run deliveries... I want to see cute friendships and stuff, like them standing side-by-side fishing or sitting in a cafe together, or them playing hide and seek with each other that we can join in to name some examples. I also want to hear drama~ xD
coracao.gif
In HHD I love that they can run around and interact with their environment.
coracao.gif
A "neighboring town", kind of like Main street or the Streetpass area but the special characters are here during their off-hours, like you can see Reese's home or Tom Nook's, or play-date with the Nooklings, not just check out their RVs or Resetti's center. You develop friendships with them like villagers. You can't customize this area, it belongs to them. OR more travel like the island; like taking trains to their towns or a plane to wherever Gulliver is (I love him hes hilarious)
coracao.gif
An online hub/plaza where you can interact and chat with other players? Similar to how you have a bunch of animals running around main street in HHD. You can choose a server to enter, so you can meet up and hang out with large groups. Idk that might not work well though unless there's a censoring or report feature. Kind of like the island but bigger, and you can easily visit/teleport to others' towns or trade too. Like, with an actual, secure trade feature, not just dropping items in their town
coracao.gif
More "Alchemizing" to get certain special items, kind of like how gold nuggets can be used to create gold furniture. Requiring dyes or paint to recolor your furniture and such
coracao.gif
When you deep-sea dive, you can actually see underneath the water
coracao.gif
I miss the constellation feature so much

Last edited:
I also miss the constellation feature and the observatory in the museum, that was awesome.
I also miss the flea market where villagers could come into your house and buy items, and vice versa.

There are so many things I would like to see in a update or in the next game, but right now, I would be
really happy if they just bring back the observatory and the notes in a bottle.

Last edited:
I kind of thought the second museum pwp would be the constellation/star gazing room. That was one of the biggest things I remember about Wild World. I know a lot of people didn't like WW, but I found it to be pretty fun.

an update so they only can plot on 3x3 plot free spaces
so they can't ruin paths, plants, trees, bamboo etc...

Maybe a nice feature would be make your own event, for those months where there's nothing going on. even the villagers comment on this sometimes.

Am I the only one who wants villager conversations to happen more? You know, where two villagers bump into each other and have a discussion? It's like they just continue to run into each other like mindless zombies...it seems so unnatural and pulls me out of the game.

I can probably count the amount of times it has happened, on one hand, and I've had one of my files for years.

Back