Do you ever feel bad about selling gift that villagers give to you?

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I try to make it a habit to keep items villagers give me because for some weird reason, I feel bad if I sell it. Even if the present is something I won't need, like a wallpaper or something.

I only really keep stuff from my absolute favorites that way I don't end up with too much stuff and not enough space ;u;

I like to regift items. Sometimes Stitches thinks I need something that is really more suited for Freya and such, so I make it my Mayorly duty to make sure the gift goes somewhere it is appreciated. (I like to keep them safe in my locker for the day, say, Freya pings me for a furniture suggestion.) If it is something like wallpaper or an especially yucky piece of furniture I get, I will sell it.

I have zero remorse with selling villager things, but if it's customizable I'll usually customize the furniture then put it up in Re-tail. Gotta get those badges!

Monty put up the backyard pool i gave him in retail. Nana said my gifts were an impulse buy. Shari didnt wear my zebra tank.
So no.

I normally put them up at re-tail and they would just buy their own stuff back.

Hmm nah. They usually give such random and ugly crap I either regift it or sell it or something. After all, they won't complain or something even if you lit their gifts on fire so... no mercy.

No, I don't feel bad for selling things that the villagers in my town give me. The items I usually get are things I don't want or need. And... I rather not have too much junk since I kind of have lots of junk as it is.

sometimes. i usually wind up selling it anyways tho, cause why keep something i don't need?

No, I don't feel bad for selling things that the villagers in my town give me. The items I usually get are things I don't want or need. And... I rather not have too much junk since I kind of have lots of junk as it is.

Exactly!

Hmm..interesting answers. I guess because in real life I don't like selling or giving away a gift someone gave me and that kind of thinking rolled over into this game lol. Also probably why I have so much stuff I don't need. Bones gave me a chic wallpaper, I know for a fact I'm not going to use that ever but since it was Bones who gave it to me, I'll keep it for now.

Wait you can get badges for selling stuff in Re Tail?

You get badges for redoing the furniture.

If a villager gives me clothing most of the time I'll put it on. In an hour I've changed my shirt about 5 times and some of the looks are cute but others not so much.

With Lolly candy gingham shirt I used it on my Alpine Set. It's a nice way to remember that day she gifted the tee.
Some items I'll store away for future replacement furniture requests. I do keep the garden gnomes that the villagers have given me over the last 4 years. The mayor and extra players have them in most of the rooms.

Items like a boys toilet and things I'll never use get sold at retail.

Haha if I get lucky enough to have them gift me something I actually need, I keep it, if not I sell it right away cause I am already a giraffe and have little storage space!

EDIT: omg my phone corrected "hoarder" to giraffe hahaha

Last edited:
I sell about 95% of the stuff the villagers give me.They have no memory of what they give me so I do whatever I want with it.A while back Beau and I exchanged the same cabin chair about three or four times.Bree gave me a comedian's outfit last week...I'm-a keepin' that one.

Not really because I get so many gifts from villagers and I know if I kept them I would have no space for the stuff I actually want. The only ones I feel bad about selling are the pics because I feel a bit bad getting rid of a picture of them but I mean you can only have so many "Skye's pic"s right? ��

No, because sometimes it something I have multiple of or I don't need it.

I throw away just about everything they give me, so no I don't feel bad.

I throw it away because I have so many bells I don't need more.

Back