Mafia Super Smash Brothers: Mafia! - Volume 2 - Mafia Win

Clearly you've never played a game here. You're gonna hate how much meta other people use.

Other than that, scum-read on Zendel for trying to shift the discussion away from him and onto me (twice).

Haha nope, this is my first game here, but I have played mafia on another forum for a couple of years, and we tend to be less active and a bit more...courteous over there. :p I'll adjust soon enough ;P

Well, he did have a decent reason to. Though I'm not willing to be so quick to condemn based on inactivity.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Evan (is it okay if I just call you "Evan" instead of "Amazonevan"? :) ) is the only person who I have a town lean on as off now. (

Evan is fine :) A lot shorter than my full username :p

Other than that, scum-read on Zendel for trying to shift the discussion away from him and onto me (twice).

Nah, that's not what I'm doing. I'm trying to get everyone to discuss there stance on the game and you are the only one who has posted at all so I wanted to see your opinion.

Can't use other peoples' GF meta to determine if another person is GF. Anybody can be any role, so this is pretty much invalid.
Dolby's last 5 games as scum here he was godfather, your first 2 games here as mafia was godfather, yes ik it's stupid reasoning but I use this logic in almost every game I play and it works in my favour a lot of the time tbh, roles on TBT are not always randomised, I can tell you that :^)

Dolby's last 5 games as scum here he was godfather, your first 2 games here as mafia was godfather, yes ik it's stupid reasoning but I use this logic in almost every game I play and it works in my favour a lot of the time tbh, roles on TBT are not always randomised, I can tell you that :^)
Pretty sure I've only been GF here once actually.

Sure they can be hand-picked, but that doesn't change that anybody can be placed into the GF slot.

I have been recorded saying, and will be recorded saying again that a policy lynch is wildly pro-mafia and should almost never occur. The reason for this being is that it leaves no information for later days, and even if it hits mafia doesn't help us locate any of the other mafia. It's just never a good idea, and is super easy for mafia to hide behind without bothering to craft reads.

Not saying Jacob is scum, mind you. Just pointing out (once again) that policy is a ludicrous idea. It was rife through the forum before I joined and mafia won a lot more back then.

@Amazonevan: to clarify, I don't scumread Heyden at all. (In fact, he's one of my only townreads) I was merely stating that in the event where he was mafia, his post implied that he was mafia with one of those mentioned.

I'd be surprised if Amazon was mafia, he reeks genuine from here to to timbucktoo.

I hold that townreading Bowie for his third party post is ludicrous and I don't agree with that viewpoint. (I do think Bowie is town though, because his initial post pregame about his role is one that mafia almost never make. Kinda metagaming a bit but hey, a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do.)

@Karen sorry, forgot to find a glow game last time I was on. Kinda in a rush now, I'll find one later.

As a side note, can someone quickly juxtapose Sansais last post with the way he spoke last game? Feels way off to me, less genuine more awkward. Could be reading into it too much though.

Won't be able to post for a bit, gonna be a little busy.

Endless said:
I also have an opposite read on Heyden's post to Kat.
This is because I think Heyden's post suggesting that the mafia team must have Dolby, I or Cleb in it was genuine. (Meaning he's either mafia with Dolby, or Cleb, if he is mafia)

This statement is awkward, as he calls the post from Heyden "genuine" and suggests a light townlean, then proceeds to hypothesize at his possible teammates if he's mafia.

Endless said:
I have a weak scumread in Dolby, because I think he was trying to force a townslip by suggesting the possibility of 4 mafia in a 15 player game. I don't see how someone with as much experience as him could even entertain the possibility.

Somehow forgets that the last 15 player game that he played on the site was 11v4, and suggests that I'm scum for suggesting it. Admittadly, I'm calling him out on the same logic that he did me in this post, which is that an experienced player wouldn't make a mistake in hypothesizing the balance of the game, and I honestly consider iffy. But the point still stands that he really shouldn't be sussing me for my opinions on game balance.

Making this does make me a bit less sus of him before, as I didn't like his focus on me in his following posts, but such focus does make sense in the context where pretty much me and Glow were the only ones being talked about. I was originally going to point that out against

This right here is precisely what I was telling town not to do. Dolby's especially fond of faking genuine interaction with his partners, and has procured no small number of victories off it. Of course, there's nothing to suggest either are mafia at this point, but don't lapse into thinking that if one is mafia, that makes the other any less likely to be mafia.
I do fake interactions with teammates quite a bit as scum but
1. I am not extremely fond of it, and don't really go out of my way to create situation in which it happens
2. When have I ever won off of that?
3. I drop my teammates like rocks because I am far better solo mafia (MM4, Reindeer, etc)

speaking of abe, this bothered me:

Can't quite explain it but the wording here doesn't feel right. The way he specified town in particular feels like he's distanced from the concept of town I guess.
Ftr, don't agree with the reasoning here

As for Endless wanting a juxtaposition from last game, only post that pings me is this one, rest seem to be in line with noob town and his past behavior

If I may voice my opinion, I would like to believe Zendel is a town lean for me. Reading through his posts, his demeanor and manner is much like someone I would suspect to be a townie. He's argueing his case while people questions him about his previous behaviour. Now I may have put him as a scum in my RQS but that was purely due to the last game. I can tell how different his way of speaking is in comparison to the last game, so I think we shouldn't lynch him on policy and rather take the time to study everyone's posts before we make a final decision.

As things stand, townlean on Bowie, want Glow to actually talk and explain her reads more, slight sus on Endless, and meta town on Jacob and Mogyay

i went back and reread everything and i have to admit that bowie's pregame role talk did imply town but the fact he even brought it up just made me feel a bit awkward tbh

i went back and reread everything and i have to admit that bowie's pregame role talk did imply town but the fact he even brought it up just made me feel a bit awkward tbh

now that I look back at my past game I see where you're coming from but I had the same reasoning/did the same thing last game (people even pointed out my reasoning was flawed) but toads actually ended up being scum

in case what I'm saying doesn't make sense; tldr I had the same thoughts that Bowie has on [Dolby and whoever else he said he was sus of because he was townread so early] in SU mafia; my suspicions ended up being correct despite the actual reasoning being slightly flawed

- - - Post Merge - - -

so to tldr that, I don't find what Bowie did awkward

went back and reread Jacob's posts. The only post he made that stood out was this one.

At this point I townlock Amazon due to a soft claim

I would prefer not to lynch any of the five 'Godfathers' because mislynching one of them is too stupid unless we have actual slips or evidence this early

That leaves: Mogyay, Zendel, Bowie, Crys, Sensai, Hayden, Kermit and Kirby as the people I'll be looking at for my day one lynch.
If we end up doing policy lynch: Zendel is my top candidate for leaving and giving up on multiple games in the past : )

Didn't like how he talked about a policy lynch, because when you talk about it I feel like that is a way to lynch them because they are easy target. Disagree on Zendel because he did give up on 1 game, but I feel like he is trying real hard in this game.

I was referring to the character I got assigned as, not my role. I know I said "role", but at the time I couldn't think of anything else to call it.

Dolby, why do you Town-lean me? What have I said exactly that's made you think I'm innocent?

I was referring to the character I got assigned as, not my role. I know I said "role", but at the time I couldn't think of anything else to call it.

Dolby, why do you Town-lean me? What have I said exactly that's made you think I'm innocent?

As I said earlier

The "in its most basic form" thing on the OP gives me the impression there aren't any additional roles, to be honest.

This post is horrible strategy from a maf perspective as it actively pushes third parties away from siding with you, as you seem somewhat hostile to their claim

@bowie iirc you said no one had Dolby as scum in their rq's

5. Name the scum team, go. I've got a quibble here. I want to make a 3 person team with Kat as part of it because Kat wasn't brought up as an experienced player in the earlier discussion. (And I'd certainly count her as one)
But presently I've got a light townread on Kat, so that would be nonsensical.
So I'll say Dolby, Bowie and Glow.

Name the scum team, go.

Dolby, Zendel, and Heyden.

5. Name the scum team, go.

Random guesses would be: Bowie, Dolby & Sensai.

5. Mog, Kermit, Dolby - guess, guess, guess

now that I look back at my past game I see where you're coming from but I had the same reasoning/did the same thing last game (people even pointed out my reasoning was flawed) but toads actually ended up being scum

in case what I'm saying doesn't make sense; tldr I had the same thoughts that Bowie has on [Dolby and whoever else he said he was sus of because he was townread so early] in SU mafia; my suspicions ended up being correct despite the actual reasoning being slightly flawed

- - - Post Merge - - -

so to tldr that, I don't find what Bowie did awkward

i was talking about what endless said about bowie, saying about how mafia would never make a post like that apparently
I'm actually screaming at the irony of my role.
i just meant that seemed a bit awkward, not his suspicion on dolby. i see where he's coming from in regards to dolby, sorry i should have probably quote endless or something, i was more or less just thinking out loud about what he said. sry if i'm totally misunderstanding u its late and i should sleep lol

wait i forgot abe genuinely put me in a scumteam with dolby that's interesting

- - - Post Merge - - -

do u sr us separately or did you think that two scummates would randomly start off the game going back and forth about a post that amounted to nothing

- - - Post Merge - - -

i don't rlly want to lynch dolby even though i have no strong feelings in his favor it's more of "meh give him a chance to prove himself"

there was a post somewhere that crys felt like maf, iirc it was the post saying something to dolby about RQS. kirby posts feel robotic, andddddddddd i think mog is town

@Glow, do you sus me for reasons besides that you feel like I'm trying to deliberately follow my townplay?

i was talking about what endless said about bowie, saying about how mafia would never make a post like that apparently i just meant that seemed a bit awkward, not his suspicion on dolby. i see where he's coming from in regards to dolby, sorry i should have probably quote endless or something, i was more or less just thinking out loud about what he said. sry if i'm totally misunderstanding u its late and i should sleep lol

oooh ye misunderstanding then haha ignore the thing I wrote then

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

do u sr us separately or did you think that two scummates would randomly start off the game going back and forth about a post that amounted to nothing

- - - Post Merge - - -

i don't rlly want to lynch dolby even though i have no strong feelings in his favor it's more of "meh give him a chance to prove himself"

there was a post somewhere that crys felt like maf, iirc it was the post saying something to dolby about RQS. kirby posts feel robotic, andddddddddd i think mog is town

according to abe's long post: tldr; Dolby loves fake interactions and it's something he would do so yes he thinks it's plausible

ya that's the exact post that struck me as weird, which is why I asked if she had read the thread yet before she asked bc imo she lowkey took a jab at dolby in her first post for which it was already addressed and dolby was already getting **** for it (and she would've known if she actually read the posts so)

aaand on the topic of endless, i have a few things i wanna say about him but i'll be quiet for now

- - - Post Merge - - -

also i don't think evan replied to me so i'm waiting on that too

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can you explain how my posts are robotic?

- - - Post Merge - - -

is it just me or like I'm null on nearly everyone

how are you guys coming up with stuff so fast

It not just you I'm null on almost everyone. Only town read would be Zendel. And leaning scum read on Jacob.

Back